Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MCallShow—App to show the location of calls

thank you i ll be waiting

doesnt work for me either. live in toronto ontario. dl the database and the prog thru cydia

Quote Originally Posted by kingsley16 View Post
    doesnt work for me either. live in toronto ontario. dl the database and the prog thru cydia
    so both outgoing and incoming calls don't show the region? when you search a number manually, does it show the information of the number?

when i search for a number manually it jus shows the name in my contacts. thats it. does this work on both 3g and 2g phones?

Thanks

i live in vancouver, british columbia, canada. doesn't work for me. i can search numbers and it will show numbers that are in my contacts. but when i call out or people call in nothing. and my program is registered.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKnight View Post
    i live in vancouver, british columbia, canada. doesn't work for me. i can search numbers and it will show numbers that are in my contacts. but when i call out or people call in nothing. and my program is registered.
    we are modifying the DB of Canada,please wait for a moment.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so it's basically just telling you what city a prefix is registered to, right? I mean, we're not talking about ACTUAL line tracing giving you a GPS location of the originating call?

This would be like me Googling 318-934 to see what location that area code and prefix is in?

Mehh...
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

yes,it's like what you said,it shows the city of the number but not the exact location.

Banned
    Thanks

This app really doesnt work well at all.

It shows the city of the number based on what?
    the first 3 digits of a phone number (the prefix,not the area code obviously)

Well welcome to 2008 where 99.9% of the numbers have been changed-
    Things happen....people move, take their numbers with them.
    Phone companies assign different numbers all over based on whats left.

Maybe Its due to the fact that I live in NY, not New York CITY but close enough.
    I doubt it though.

I tried this app out for a day and NOT ONE of the numbers that showed up actually gave the correct location.

And Im not talking about cellular phones Im talking about Hardwired Land Lines.

Picassolsus your right... Mehh is exactly what should be used to describe this.

Waste of time and space imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    This app really doesnt work well at all.

It shows the city of the number based on what?
    the first 3 digits of a phone number (the prefix,not the area code obviously)

Well welcome to 2008 where 99.9% of the numbers have been changed-
    Things happen....people move, take their numbers with them.
    Phone companies assign different numbers all over based on whats left.

Maybe Its due to the fact that I live in NY, not New York CITY but close enough.
    I doubt it though.

I tried this app out for a day and NOT ONE of the numbers that showed up actually gave the correct location.

And Im not talking about cellular phones Im talking about Hardwired Land Lines.

Picassolsus your right... Mehh is exactly what should be used to describe this.

Waste of time and space imo.
    Well it works fine for the world outside US...Dont Apple's calldata have similar function?

BTW what are the changes in 1.2?
    Last edited by JAX; 2008-11-19 at 10:07 PM.

MCallShow v1.2 supports iPhone 2.1/2.0.New feature:
    1. add more countries database
    2. improve callinfo location algorithm
    3. improve callinfo present

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcleaner View Post
    MCallShow v1.2 supports iPhone 2.1/2.0.New feature:
    1. add more countries database
    2. improve callinfo location algorithm
    3. improve callinfo present
    Still not working for me, does anyone have it working with Kartas weather theme?
    Maybe thats the problem?
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi I can't find the Spain database anywhere? Its not showing on Cydia...

Thanks

An what about The Bahamas db I live in Nassau (the Capital) only the name in my phone book is showing, an by the way how do you get the free activation code, I went to the site an you have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileydawg View Post
    how do you get the free activation code, I went to the site an you have to pay for it.
    Free activation code was for v1.0 which is for iphone firmware 1.x. The free activation is not there for new mcallshow for firmware 2.x

Oh ok but what about the The Bahamas region it only is showing chinese if a number calls me what is not in my phone book.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Still not working for me, does anyone have it working with Kartas weather theme?
    Maybe thats the problem?
    yes,probabaly it's the theme. please try to change the theme to the original one to see whether it works.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilStone View Post
    Hi I can't find the Spain database anywhere? Its not showing on Cydia...

Thanks
    hi,the Spain database is uploaded on cydia,try again.

Oh ok but what about the The Bahamas region it only is showing chinese if a number calls me what is not in my phone book.
    try several different numbers to see whether all of them appear as what you have said. if not, that's because the database has some numbers excluded.
    Last edited by mcleaner; 2008-11-24 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But what about the Bahamas bd do you have any or can creat one for me please. I live in Nassau, Bahamas, sorry if I am causing problems but I am just tryin to find out. Thanks in advance tho.

But what about the Bahamas bd do you have any or can creat one for me please. I live in Nassau, Bahamas, sorry if I am causing problems but I am just tryin to find out. Thanks in advance tho.
    we are editting the database of Bahamas now,give us your email address,we'll email it to you as soon as it's ok. or you can email us: [email protected]
    Last edited by mcleaner; 2008-11-25 at 03:28 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mcleaner For This Useful Post:

Smileydawg (2008-11-26)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast