Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost aplications

Exclamation Lost aplications
    I installed "Catergorize" today, and being too smart for my own good, i made a "Settings folder" which i put, Installer, Safari, SMB, and Customize. After a while i decided that i didn't want these apps in a folder, so i deleted it, thinking that they go back on my desktop... Na! Gone! Now where did they go? And how can i get Installer back without Safari?

Check the Categories thread in either the Launches or Discussion forums...

Look at my post here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...107#post138107 There is a fix to get everything back. If you need help drop me a message and I can help you thru it. If you have 1.1.1 then you will need to have the M68AP.plist and either iphonelist or iphonebrowser, to put that .plist file back on your phone. Reboot and everything should be back to normal, except you will have to rearrange your icons back to how you had them. But this will save you from restoring your phone. Good luck.

Look at my post here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sho...107#post138107 There is a fix to get everything back. If you need help drop me a message and I can help you thru it. If you have 1.1.1 then you will need to have the M68AP.plist and either iphonelist or iphonebrowser, to put that .plist file back on your phone. Reboot and everything should be back to normal, except you will have to rearrange your icons back to how you had them. But this will save you from restoring your phone. Good luck.
    Interesting use case I never considered. If you want to delete a folder, I assumed you would empty it first (returning contents to the desktop) or just use customize to unhide things. But since you hid customize... Ok the issue is just in your plist file. You could create a new category and add only customize. Then you can load customize from that and unhide what you want. I will fix the issue you list above in a future update.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

I did delete the apps from the folders first and then I deleted the category folders I created. I probably should have deleted the items within the folder first and then go back to the springboard to make sure they were there and then delete the category folders. But I didnt do it that way. So it might have been partially my fault. I still think the app is great, so do get me wrong. I just am so used to having everything on springboard and going there instead of drilling down to the folder then into my apps. I posted my problems in hope it will help someone else who might have the same problem. I was just about to restore the phone and decided to search on the forum to see what I could find and I found what eventually fixed my problem. Keep up the good work. I see other forums where people are upset because it wasnt marked as a beta, but if it wasnt for people like you developing these apps we wouldnt have these options. Keep up the work!!