Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Source for ebooks

oops
    Last edited by smackswell; 2008-06-08 at 12:41 PM. Reason: wrong page

Quote Originally Posted by XAPHAIS View Post
    I had to register to view this so I'll save you the trouble, its basically a 1.1.4 fix.

------------------------

HOW TO GET MY SOURCE TO WORK WITH FIRMWARE 1.1.4

Ok, I took the plunge and upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4, and have verified that before the following fix, no books were displayed. After the following fix, books were displayed.

Many Thanks to Khaos139 for this fix! Rep him up if you can (and me too )

Add the following source to your installer:

http://khaos139.890m.com/repo.xml

Uninstall: Any Books that are from my source (note: while in all actuality these books aren't on your IPod, your installer.app thinks that they are. This will allow you to download the books for real, for reals later on)

Install: "Create Library And Media Symlinks" (located in the Khaos139 Category) EDIT: If you receive a "Main Script Execution" error, this is expected and this fix SHOULD still work

Hit The Home Button And Let It Respring

Restart Your iPhone/iPod Touch

Download thy books to thine heart's content (for real, for reals)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

That worked for me,
    Cheers
    I've lost all my phone contacts after installing this fix. And uninstalling it doesn't bring anything back. Now i'm totally screwed.

you can always use MCI Repo Source

http://repo.indo.net.id/mci.xml

it's a trustful one.... check out their site

they've got Harry Potter, LOTR, Narnia, Dan Brown series and coming...

me if you think i help you.. ^^

No offence Myystiqueen, but this source is very poor.

A lot of the books lack, shall we say, Western appeal and the source added a bunch of programmes to the update section of Installer, even though they were all OLDER than the ones I already had installed!

This is the second thread I have seen you pimping this useless source in. Please stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    there's a source that i used to have that showed up as "ebooks some1 guy" or something like that that i had that had a helluva lot of books...but i don't remember the source address. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Edit: I found it!!! It's http://drinkmalk.com/books/index.xml

editedit: I'd consider him a trusted source, i have had no problem with any of the books, i've downloaded and read several books off his source, all seem healthy
    Hi Screamo,

The source does look good. However, I added a book from there but I can't find it on my 1.1.4 iPhone. I checked the more info page and the guy does make reference to a problem with 1.1.4 devices. However, instead of giving the fix, he gives a link to get the fix. When you follow the link it takes you to a forum, which requires you to register to see the answer to the post! No chance.
    Can you say where this source puts the books, or perhaps advise what this mysterious fix is?
    Or is this all just a scam to get people to register to another forum!

Regards
    Last edited by Lancaster; 2008-06-10 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So my ebooks worked perfectly right off the bat and the only thing I have that may have fixed this problem is in the Tweaks(1.1.4) category called SUID Lib Fix. I think it's included in the community sources that are on there automatically.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vospader For This Useful Post:

Lancaster (2008-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by vospader View Post
    So my ebooks worked perfectly right off the bat and the only thing I have that may have fixed this problem is in the Tweaks(1.1.4) category called SUID Lib Fix. I think it's included in the community sources that are on there automatically.
    Thanks - that fixed the drinkmalk source problem.

Default Ebook Reading for iphone
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-08-18 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    there's a source that i used to have that showed up as "ebooks some1 guy" or something like that that i had that had a helluva lot of books...but i don't remember the source address. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Edit: I found it!!! It's http://drinkmalk.com/books/index.xml

editedit: I'd consider him a trusted source, i have had no problem with any of the books, i've downloaded and read several books off his source, all seem healthy
    This site is incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12