Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Categories messed up my iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i just uninstalled it and got the same prob as most others...i deleted all the icons from the categories as well as all the categories. then i uninstalled the prog. once i was done it said ipod where it should say at&t and there are no icons

restoring now.

cool program...reason i uninstalled was a few little pet peeves....inside the categories the icons weren't all aligned correctly. as well as the blue loading screen when you go into a category is too cheesy for me...looks like something from windows mobile 2003.

i like the idea...but the bugs need to be worked out before it'll be usable

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Which icon is that? Do you have a way to take a screen shot of the two screens with it showing and with it not (maybe using screenshot app)?
    Here are some screenshots. First shows the Music icon selected correctly. Springboard shot shows the change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -category.jpg   -springboard.jpg  

Thanks for the rubberbanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Here are some screenshots. First shows the Music icon selected correctly. Springboard shot shows the change.
    Looks to me like your Music category app is getting mixed up with the built-in Music (iPod) application, since they share the same exact name.

I'll bet if you created it again as "Music!" or "Music." or "Tunes" it'll work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Amosrock View Post
    icool program...reason i uninstalled was a few little pet peeves....inside the categories the icons weren't all aligned correctly.
    As mentioned in the app's "Help" notes...

Icons larger than 60x60 are not properly centered. You can crop these in a photo editor to fix. Examples: iPhysics, Screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by psicose View Post
    Thanks for the rubberbanding.

Yep, thanks for this feature in the latest update (version 1.23.)

The inevitable followup question... how come it only works in up/down mode and not right/left mode too?
    Last edited by Fofer; 2008-01-01 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fofer For This Useful Post:

Bones (2008-01-02)

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    Looks to me like your Music category app is getting mixed up with the built-in Music (iPod) application, since they share the same exact name.

I'll bet if you created it again as "Music!" or "Music." or "Tunes" it'll work fine.
    Bingo! Changed to iMusic and it works. Of course now I don't like the look of the icon on the black background but thats my issue. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -springboard2.jpg  

The inevitable followup question... how come it only works in up/down mode and not right/left mode too?
    When I enabled it in right/left mode, it wobbled also up and down when you try to move left and right (looked ridiculous). I'll revisit the issue much later.

as well as the blue loading screen when you go into a category is too cheesy for me...looks like something from windows mobile 2003.
    Actually planning to work on this next. I have a solution but it needs a bit of work still.

i just uninstalled it and got the same prob as most others...i deleted all the icons from the categories as well as all the categories. then i uninstalled the prog. once i was done it said ipod where it should say at&t and there are no icons
    I now have 5 phones and 1 touch I'm testing on and still cannot reproduce this. I wish I could get the magic steps. I'd really appreciate as much detail as possible on the steps you took. This single issue that I cannot reproduce is holding me back from sending this to STE packaging.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    step by step here's how i did it:

when i was reading this thread before i installed i noticed it was talking about problems if the icons weren't in their original order. i also didn't want to take the chance of having a problem with my theme. so i changed the theme back to default.

i then installed categories through installer

i went in and set up 4 categories:

Media
    Tools
    Games
    Web Apps

then i moved all my apps into those folders. the only one left on the desktop besides the folders was photos.

then after using it for a few hours i decided due to the loading screen and the icons that it wasn't for me. (though if those things are going to be fixed i will definitely be trying it out again).

so i went in and deleted each application out of the folders so they were back on the home screen. then i deleted each folder so everything was the same as normal.

then i went into installer and uninstalled categories.

after i was done i hit the home button and it brought me to my home screen with no icons and just the word ipod at the top.

pm me if you need any more info or have any questions

I appreciate the work you've put into this program -- for some strange reason, the rubberbanding doesn't work on my jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone, but does on my wife's 1.0.2 iphone. at first, i thought it was a bsd related problem, so i reinstalled bsd to version 1.5, but the rubberbanding still isn't working. is there anything i can check? thanks!

even if i replaced the plist files with the provided i found no remedy

some tips? im really not up for a restore

Your solution depends on many things such as if you have a touch or a phone and which firmware. Also can you please post your display plist on www.pastebin.com so I can see it? The folder is /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and the file is:
    FW 1.0.2 - DisplayOrder.plist
    iphone fw 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 - M68AP.plist
    touch - N45AP.plist

I just posted v1.30. This adds:
    - Support for Summerboard Themes
    - Uninstaller - when you remove from installer, it will restore your original display file so your icons will be back. Should be no more problems uninstalling. No need to empty folders on uninstall either.
    - Fixed loading of background so that you dont get that blue while you load the category folder. You will get that on the first time, but after that it will be the screen you had when you last closed the category.
    Couple other things - so check out the changelog button in the app.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 2008-01-02 at 11:15 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Your solution depends on many things such as if you have a touch or a phone and which firmware. Also can you please post your display plist on www.pastebin.com so I can see it? The folder is /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and the file is:
    FW 1.0.2 - DisplayOrder.plist
    iphone fw 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 - M68AP.plist
    touch - N45AP.plist

ive tried to replace displayorder and m68ap but not n45ap, should i replaxe n45ap to?. ive got a hacked 112 iphone(originally 102)

many thx in advance.

(hope its okay i added the files here?)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by closetland; 2008-01-02 at 01:23 PM.

ive tried to replace displayorder and m68ap but not n45ap, should i replaxe n45ap to?. ive got a hacked 112 iphone(originally 102)

many thx in advance.

(hope its okay i added the files here?)
    The only file needed on a 1.1.2 is M68AP.plist. Unfortunately, the zip file included seems to be damaged and won't open. Can you post it again? This is the original, damaged one you're including right?
    -BigBoss

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

closetland (2008-01-02), toffeenut (2008-01-02)

The only file needed on a 1.1.2 is M68AP.plist. Unfortunately, the zip file included seems to be damaged and won't open. Can you post it again? This is the original, damaged one you're including right?
    just rename from zip to plist its not a real zip file.

but otherwise i cant provide a correct file if the plist file are broken also... but thats really weird in that case :/

thx in adv.

closetland,

Did you reboot the phone after replacing those files? If so use iphonelist or iphonebrowser and see if you can see what size the M68AP.plist file is. Another person I asked to check that file said it showed Okb when it should show something like 2kb - 6kb, depending on what you have. If it shows 0kb then its not the correct file. This post has the M68AP.plist file that I used,

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...+icons+missing

Not sure what program you used to copy that file over, but I used iphonelist to copy it back over. See if that will work for you, iphonebrowser will also work. The person I helped was using iBrickr and kept having the same problem until he used iphonelist to copy the file over and it worked for him.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mcgill4 For This Useful Post:

closetland (2008-01-02)

Thanks for the update! This app is getting more and more exciting by the day! Literally.

Anyway, how come rubberbanding doesn't work with left-right scrolling? I hope you can fix that because the Springboard's default is left-right with rubberbanding. Just want to be more consistent.

Additional requests:
    - Application names inside categories won't show ellipses ("ContraSe...")
    - An additional button inside a category: "Back" where "About" is now (then maybe "About" on the right side or just inside Categories.app itself)
    - This one, just a little pet peeve, the icons ("Configuration", "Customize", Restart SB", etc.) should maybe be a little bit smaller? Maybe like the iPhone's default (iPod's "Artists", "Songs", etc.)
    Last edited by toffeenut; 2008-01-02 at 05:05 PM.

markmon, v1.31 works a charm!

Just a suggestion:
    the Restart SB button is very handy, but it is too easy to press it by accident. Could you move that over to the config window?
    Also, the dock would look better with just four icons - it looks too crowded for me.

Thanks for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgill4 View Post
    closetland,

Did you reboot the phone after replacing those files? If so use iphonelist or iphonebrowser and see if you can see what size the M68AP.plist file is. Another person I asked to check that file said it showed Okb when it should show something like 2kb - 6kb, depending on what you have. If it shows 0kb then its not the correct file. This post has the M68AP.plist file that I used,

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...+icons+missing

Not sure what program you used to copy that file over, but I used iphonelist to copy it back over. See if that will work for you, iphonebrowser will also work. The person I helped was using iBrickr and kept having the same problem until he used iphonelist to copy the file over and it worked for him.

thank u very much ^^

now it works like magic... pjeeew =) this thread saved my brain thanx.

Closetland, thanks for posting the files. I was able to open the plist as a text file. Unfortunately, there is nothing visibly wrong with the file. I guess you gave me the one you used to fix it not the one that had the problem. I still have no way to reproduce (or to fix) this issue nor has anyone provided a broken plist file since the very first release
    -BigBoss

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

gameplaya3159 (2008-01-03)

I'm just glad it worked for you. These threads saved my butt to, so I'm glad I could help someone else.

Closetland, thanks for posting the files. I was able to open the plist as a text file. Unfortunately, there is nothing visibly wrong with the file. I guess you gave me the one you used to fix it not the one that had the problem. I still have no way to reproduce (or to fix) this issue nor has anyone provided a broken plist file since the very first release
    sry... i was certain it should be the right file... weird.. must have mixed them up in all the renaming process(from .zip to .plist and back to .zip)

if im getting the fault again i will 100% send u the correct file now when im know how to fix the problem(will keep the program just for the ability to make it fail again ) haha weird this is the first time i would like the problem to appear again ^^

many thanx again for the contributors to the thread =)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast