Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Categories messed up my iphone

The version 1.2 ended with a smooth scroll.

:Please fix it.

Couple of questions/nits:
    - Icons for programs included in Category folders are default icons vs my Theme (modified Aqwoah). Anyway to get Themed icons back? Have/use Iphonebrowser.
    - Icon selected for one of the Categories (Music - Iphone icon) doesn't seem to carry forward to SpringBoard. Different icon is shown on Springboard and when touched does open up Category folder correctly
    Yep, I listed it as one of my plans to honor summerboard theming. Just have to be patient

The version 1.2 ended with a smooth scroll.

:Please fix it.
    Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means and cant fix it. Please try to explain with some detail. I don't know what "ended with a smooth scroll" is, and I don't know what you're asking to be fixed.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    I appreciate your detailed explanation and your crash dump. I have 3 phones and a touch here and cannot get these steps to crash any of them When you click ADD on the empty list, the app enumerates the /Applications folder and opens the png icon files in each folder. Do you by chance have anything "weird" in that folder? I have just updated many things and added this to my repository. If the 1.20 update doesnt solve this for you, I may build a special debug version for you to test if you're up for it.

To all: pretty major update posted tonight. Changelog and help are now included as part of the app.
    thanks for the answer. I actually never get to add any apps, only categories. As soon as I click 'add' on the empty list, it quits back to springboard. The latest version still does that for me.

It's almost as if it has a problem with my applications folder, or an app in there.

Has it maybe got something to do with moving the applications folder?
    Mine is at /var/root/ROOT_Applications with a symbolic link from /Applications
    (I have 159 apps in there)

I'd like to try the debug version, thanks markmon.
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-01-01 at 12:42 AM.

thanks for the answer. I actually never get to add any apps, only categories. As soon as I click 'add' on the empty list, it quits back to springboard. The latest version still does that for me.

It's almost as if it has a problem with my applications folder, or an app in there.

Has it maybe got something to do with moving the applications folder?
    Mine is at /var/root/ROOT_Applications with a symbolic link from /Applications
    (I have 159 apps in there)

I'd like to try the debug version, thanks markmon.
    The app folder move is fine as long as it is symbolic linked. My phone is set up the same way. 159 aoos. I will try to install a bunch more stuff and see if I can reproduce it. Maybe something is just overrun. Do you hang out on IRC? If so, join #iphone in efnet and we can work on this.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

159 apps, yeah :-) A lot of them are quick dials & web links though, but you can see why I'd like categories to work for me!

I haven't tried IRC yet - will check it out in the morning.

Thanks for the help markmon & Happy New Year!

159 apps, yeah :-) A lot of them are quick dials & web links though, but you can see why I'd like categories to work for me!

I haven't tried IRC yet - will check it out in the morning.
    Yep, that's what it is for Anyways, to get on IRC, just pull down mIRC (if you're on windows) or Colloquy (if you're on MAC). Get on a efnet server http://www.efnet.org/index.php?module=servers then join #iphone. YOu can idle there. I'm _BigBoss_. I may be in and out today due to the holiday (new years eve) but I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Are you able to SSH into your phone and do you know how to run commands via SSH?.
    - Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Yep, I listed it as one of my plans to honor summerboard theming. Just have to be patient
    Saw your plans after posting ... will be patient.

Still not sure why the Music Category icon does not display properly. Shows properly in the lists of Categories within Category but changes when I go to Springboard. Not a big deal but nit.

I updated again to 1.22 to help solve the issue with the app crashing with more than 100 apps in the applications dir. Jrentzke please let me know if this solves your problems and if you can use the app now.
    -BigBoss

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2008-01-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks

BigBoss:

Man, you're fast! Thanks.

Still not sure why the Music Category icon does not display properly. Shows properly in the lists of Categories within Category but changes when I go to Springboard. Not a big deal but nit.
    Which icon is that? Do you have a way to take a screen shot of the two screens with it showing and with it not (maybe using screenshot app)?
    -BigBoss

BigBoss the app is super.

Some bugs - extras.
    1. When remove any app (is in any category folder) the icon is there
    2. Cant write "space" in label category. (Internet Tools -> maked -> InternetTools)
    3. Rename the label
    4. Change the icons folder
    5. When add app i cant remember who app added in other category (a option to show only app is not any other category)

(sorry for the english)

1. When remove any app (is in any category folder) the icon is there
    I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean if you uninstall the app from installer, and it was inside a category or? Can you give an example of the steps you take to reproduce this so I can understand better?

2. Cant write "space" in label category. (Internet Tools -> maked -> InternetTools)
    Yep, I did this on purpose. I will add spaces and see what happens (if things still work) and if so, I'll update it.
    3. Rename the label
    What does this mean?
    4. Change the icons folder
    This is on my todo list.
    5. When add app i cant remember who app added in other category (a option to show only app is not any other category)
    also on my todo list as suggested by another user.

Good feedback, thanks.
    -BigBoss

here to find an old version for show the gentle roll?

sorry, my english is very bad.

i'm with psicose on the gentle roll. it's a great iphone feature that when you reach the end of a list, it kind of bounces to let you know that you've reached the end. would love to see that included in a future release. other than that, great app! love your stuff, btw.

Bug? Clicking on Customize icon inside Categories shows "Customize Not Installed" popup. I guess it's because I have CustomizeNM (for 1.1.1). I hope this gets fixed.

I updated again to 1.22 to help solve the issue with the app crashing with more than 100 apps in the applications dir. Jrentzke please let me know if this solves your problems and if you can use the app now.
    Happy Days!!!

It was all my apps causing the problem, v1.22 fixed it - thanks!

Hey BigBoss
    thanks for this great app, I needed something like this fo a long time
    but a question:
    is there anyway to make it really like folders coz i feel when i open a category like am opening an Application which u know take a second or 2 to load

thanks for this great app, I needed something like this fo a long time
    but a question:
    is there anyway to make it really like folders coz i feel when i open a category like am opening an Application which u know take a second or 2 to load
    Unfortunately, there is no way to make folders. The iPhone doesnt support it. That's why you need an app to load.

Bug? Clicking on Customize icon inside Categories shows "Customize Not Installed" popup. I guess it's because I have CustomizeNM (for 1.1.1). I hope this gets fixed.
    Yep, customize NM is actually a different app. Why would you run it instead of Customize (latest version of customize fixed all the problems on 1.1.1)? Anyways, I'll see if I can install it on my 1.1.2 or 1.0.2 and make it work, but if it won't install, can you send me the name of the dir it creates in /Applications, the name of the executable in the /Applications dir, and the Info.plist file for it?

i'm with psicose on the gentle roll. it's a great iphone feature that when you reach the end of a list, it kind of bounces to let you know that you've reached the end.
    So you're asking for rubber band mode to be enabled again. I can make this a config option.
    -BigBoss

Yep, customize NM is actually a different app. Why would you run it instead of Customize (latest version of customize fixed all the problems on 1.1.1)? Anyways, I'll see if I can install it on my 1.1.2 or 1.0.2 and make it work, but if it won't install, can you send me the name of the dir it creates in /Applications, the name of the executable in the /Applications dir, and the Info.plist file for it?
    I didn't bother to download Customize because the patched version (CustomizeNM) worked well anyway. But because of Categories, I'll just use it I guess. Thanks for the response.

Anyway, I'm with the others who requested the "gentle roll" (?). I prefer the bounce-when-you-reach-the-end when scrolling. It's more of an iPhone default.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but why doesn't iPhysics line up with the rest of the icons? The name overlaps the icon itself.
    Last edited by toffeenut; 2008-01-01 at 06:01 PM.

Love this app, BigBoss. The day I Jailbroke I thought it'd be great to have something like this to group things together, and your implementation is exactly what I'd hoped for. I'm having none of the problems reported, created two categories (Games, and Utilities) and was able to reorganize my Springboard from 4 screens down to 2. So THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by chris2000 View Post
    3. Rename the label
    What does this mean?

I think it means he's requesting a way to rename a category's name after it's creation. Let's say I create a category and call it "Games" and then a few days later decide to call it "Fun" instead. Right now there's no way to easily rename from your app so I'd have to delete the category and re-create it completely with a new name.

Other requests:

-When editing a category, clicking the minus button shows a button that says "Delete." This can be confusing since you're not actually deleting the app, just removing it from showing up in that category. Perhaps change the button to say "Remove" instead?

-I'd love a way to hide the Categories app itself too, perhaps add it to the Boss Prefs dock? That'd make the most sense.

- Lastly, Category display doesn't seem to play nice with Stacks. I have the Stack app installed for iPod functions (Music, Video, iTunes Store, and Photos all stack up in the bottom right) and I love it. But the Stack doesn't disappear when I switch to my categories (like it does when I open any other app.) Any way you could get Categories to play nicely with Stacks?
    Last edited by Fofer; 2008-01-01 at 10:15 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast