Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tunewiki Discussion Here

Arrow Tunewiki Discussion Here
    I didn't see anyone discussing this application anywhere, so i create this thread.

Tunewiki is a "Free, Self service lyrics-to-music playback synchronizing utility and related services. It opens your own music file, goes to the Internet to try to find lyrics via a simple search. When you listen to the music it shows the lyrics in step with the music."

Website here: http://tunewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can install on our iPhone/iTouch through AppTapp under the Multimedia category.

This app is awesome, as stated above it searches for lyrics in their database and displays it on the screen while the song is playing.

Some lyrics are pre-synced, so it actually scrolls the lyrics as the song plays. If the lyrics are found but are not pre-synced you can sync the song an the lyrics by tapping on the album art while the song plays (easy). and sometimes (rarely) it'll say "Sorry, no lyrics, yet!" You can join the wiki and upload the lyrics.

I know that they have a Windows media player plug-in that lets you send the sync you created to the server, I'm trying to find out if the iPhone is sending the songs I'm syncing. Please share your experience with this awesomest app!

Default Tunewiki sync
    when you tap on a song scrolling it as you hear the singer, the tunewiki saves your hard work back to the database on the web server if it decides that you did good enough work- for example, that every line recive timing tap from you.
    at the end of the song playback , WHEN THE SONG ENDS, it loads your tapping to the server and immediately share it with everyone else!

This is why we named it tune WIKI.

The sync are as good as the last user's contribution and unless 'frozen' by site superuser, the next person can - and will - override your contribution.

TuneWiki team.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Wow
    Wow I must say I'm impressed, as soon as my iPhone finally arrives this will be amongst the first apps on it, as a speaker of several languages and being of multiculatural background I agree entirely with TuneWiki's ideas of the cultural connectivity and humanitarian approach to music.

Sometimes, when we speak other languages, and we want to express our feelings, it's not quite as simple as a direct translation, emotions are difficult to portray without choosing very carefully what exactly we say.

For me personally music is of great importance in my life, and I personally find that music from different cultures and languages can portray my feelings better than I could translate them into words myself.

I look forward to trying this out and if it really does do what it says "on the tin" then I would love to contribute some of my time to the effort.

Never underestimate the power of music, but since we're all here, with iPhones no less, I guess we all share at least some appreciation for music, and having it on hand at all times.

Peace.

P.S. if that post didn't entirely make sense, check out the TuneWiki - Wiki, it tells of how they plan for a community driven approach to translating music lyrics in order to bring people closer together around the music.
    The way I see it is not that we can apply the translated words of a foreign language song to ourselves, but that if for example we wanted to portray some particular feelings, we atleast know that a particular song (in another language) is saying what we want to say, and we can therefore use that song to get our message across.
    Last edited by alias_neo; 2007-12-30 at 07:48 PM. Reason: P.S.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got 1 problem, each time i start TuneWiki, after 1-2 second the app escape itself, than I cannot use it.... I'm on version 1.1.1

Any advice?

This was something i was expecting to come from Apple itself!

Quote Originally Posted by tizzi View Post
    I got 1 problem, each time i start TuneWiki, after 1-2 second the app escape itself, than I cannot use it.... I'm on version 1.1.1

Any advice?
    Did you install it through AppTapp or manually? Make sure you have an active internet connection through edge or wifi, or try restarting your iphone, I installed on two different iphones and no probs... Love it.

Thanks

some1 know if this works whit the lyrics saved on each song? i mean, like the app named "Lyrics" that show the embed lyrics, but if theres no lyrics then it will search on its servers... its a good app, but this almost "karaoke" thing on tune wiki is cool too.... check em out.

This is a fantastic idea, and a really nice start to implementation. I love the controls, album art, and karaoke style scrolling. Thanks.

There are two major issues I hope you'll address: 1) It really should allow the user to send lyrics embedded in their songs. Many times it doesn't find the lyrics, and this would be a great way to quickly expand the database.

2) There ought to be some way to correct the lyrics as many of the stored lyrics have errors and omissions.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

johnl (2008-01-08)

One more thing. I'm not too crazy about the buttons in this app. I replaced most of them with more stock-looking buttons. I've attached them here, if anyone wants them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -stock-look-1.png   -stock-look-2.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

johnl (2008-01-08)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    One more thing. I'm not too crazy about the buttons in this app. I replaced most of them with more stock-looking buttons. I've attached them here, if anyone wants them.
    Thanks for the awesoem buttons, I was thinking to myself that the buttons that it came with didn't match either.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    Very nice, looks just like the original.. Niiice. If anybody is wondering, these replacements go in the Applications folder inside the TuneWiki folder -- var/root/Applications/TuneWiki.app or var/root/ROOT_Applications/TuneWiki.app

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgrade Dev Team 1.1.3 Tune Wiki fix
    Anyone who's having problems getting Tune Wiki to work on 1.1.3 upgrade..here's the fix straight from the Tune Wiki site

What happens is the 1.1.3 upgrade erased your LRC directory; you will need to remake it

directory /private/var/root/Media/LRC and set the permissions of 0777 recursively.

best, TuneWiki team.

Hope it helps
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

i remade the directory with no success, i also tried putting a LRC directory in the other Media directory, still no success. ANyone have any other ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you reset permissions on the LRC directory?
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

i did this, exactly as told. made the directory and set permissions to 777. I got nothing working.. anyone know what im missing?

Had the same problem and just worked it out. after doing the steps above i had to change the permissions recursively on the entire TuneWiki.app directory to 777. worked great after that.

If you gots some terminal action, just go:

chmod -R 777 /Applications/TuneWiki.app

hope that helped.

-H

Quote Originally Posted by mdc5116 View Post
    i did this, exactly as told. made the directory and set permissions to 777. I got nothing working.. anyone know what im missing?
    I had the same problem and i set the permissions for 0777 on TuneWiki.app in the applications folder let me know if it works for u

just a quick note: this application is pretty awesome.

one recommendation for a feature that I think would be useful would be the ability of the app to parse text for tracks that don't occur perfectly in the format it i expecting. for instance, i have an Artist name manually changed to "Karaoke Tracks" for a bunch of backing tracks so they dont get mixed in with my other stuff, and then I accordingly prepended each track's name to include the artist then a dash then songname. It appears that there is no flexibility for this, even though this is not so uncommon. Many general computer users who are not real neat freaks left them that way after downloading them from P2P services, or whatever the situation may be.

Accordingly, it would be even more awesome if it (or a separate program) could correct deprecated naming conventions once found...who knows...maybe someone is skilled enough to either add these features or to program a new app that could address this seemingly small, but annoying-to-fix-by-hand problem.

...but back to the primary purpose of this post: to anyone who is looking for an awesome tool, this happens to fit the bill...I thought Lyrics.app was in a league all it's own, but now I know that it has some STIFF competition. This app is fantastic.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

--Jonathan

Default 1.1.4 problem
    Please help

I have a Ziphoned Iphone running 1.1.4 but Tunewiki only ever says "sorry no lyrics yet". I thought this was only a problem with 1.1.3?

I have googled and found no joy.

Exclamation "No Lyrics yet" when using TuneWiki under 1.1.4
    Dear Friends,

I have the same Problem on my iPhone when using TuneWiki.
    Since I had a total crash two weeks ago I had to reinstall all apps. Before, TuneWiki worked perfekt under 1.1.4. After the reinstallation the app itself is running without problems, but there are no lyrics displayed.
    Has some1 an idea? Could it be that apple has and additional bug within the 1.1.4 software? What can I do?

Thanx in advance,

TomTomDe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast