Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Review: Services vs iToggle

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Review: Services vs iToggle
    This is a simple review of Services vs iToggle (both offered on the Installer.app)

Both
    • Offer way to turn off services (bluetooth, edge, wifi, SSH)
    • Offer simple easy access to services
    • offer simple switches

Services
    • Only offers certain services (see bullet one under 'iToggle')
    • Some times does not hold (switch it off, may not turn off)
    • Bad UI - screen jumps from time to time opening application

iToggle
    • Offers a lot more service options
    • Offers ability to turn on and off edge as well as PHONE with other application installed (can not remember it)
    • UI is better
    • Offers ability to turn Auto Lock on and off

Yes, the list for iToggle is much shorter, but it offers so much more than the services application. You might want to look into it if need be.

I would also like for you guys should look into doing a new section called reviews.

It may just be me, but I found that iToggle uses up my battery really fast ... I uninstalled it and I didn't have the problem any longer.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

My problem was that itoggle didn't shutdown open SSH, when it says "off"
    When it says "off" i could still connect into the iphone with open SSH.

After i installed services, problem was solved. OFF = OFF, no connection to open SSH anymore.

Meebie a bug or sumthing...

iToggle is compatible with 1.1.1 but NOT 1.1.2 right?

Why bother with either one?

If you want the best of both worlds and you are using v1.1.1 and higher, use NETSERVICES...

Way more stabler than the other two programs..

Current version -> Netservices v1.6.1.
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

Or BossPrefs, for that matter. Thats the only one that has ever worked completely for me.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I

Well the reason I cant decide is becauase I need/want: Phone, EDGE, Wifi, SSH, Auto-Lock, FireFly Server, and Downloading Plugin, but none of the services have all of them.

Default Not for me
    Because of this review i uninstalled services and installed itoggle. It totaly messed up my phone. i had to delete everything 3rd party app and reinstall. i know it was i toggle because i had not installed anything for the last 3 weeks. i don't know what i had that it did not like but man. Needless to say I am back using services.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkeeper62 View Post
    Because of this review i uninstalled services and installed itoggle. It totaly messed up my phone. i had to delete everything 3rd party app and reinstall. i know it was i toggle because i had not installed anything for the last 3 weeks. i don't know what i had that it did not like but man. Needless to say I am back using services.
    Let me guess, you have 1.1.2?

yes, 1.1.2 o.t.b. but i did not see anything warning me about what version i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightkeeper62 View Post
    yes, 1.1.2 o.t.b. but i did not see anything warning me about what version i have.
    Hmm thats weird because during a thread about problems with iToggle and 1.1.2, he said he would put it on his website, then I just looked, and not only was nothing on his website, on the ModmyiFone installer source, it said that iToggle was now compatible with 1.1.2

what about 1.1.3?
    It keeps crashing to springboard for me
    I want to use it for turning off just phone when I'm on vacation cuz I too lazy to take out my sim card and also still want to use wifi that's why I don't like airplane mode...