Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: alpha 4.2.*

Default alpha 4.2.*
    You should be able to use the Arial Unicode font to generate the symbols (and Courier or American Typewriter for the values). So all that is needed is a blank card onto which you place the text. If you would like additional help with graphics, let me know. I'd be happy to chip in.

On another note. Would you mind sharing what the trick is to have Safari pass the xml file to Installer?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    You should be able to use the Arial Unicode font to generate the symbols (and Courier or American Typewriter for the values). So all that is needed is a blank card onto which you place the text. If you would like additional help with graphics, let me know. I'd be happy to chip in.
    Yeah I know I can do that, but it limits the "look" the card can have.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    On another note. Would you mind sharing what the trick is to have Safari pass the xml file to Installer?
    It's not a trick, it's just the PHP file that Nullriver provides on their page for setting up a repository. Look for the sample code on: http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

And now for more news for those who want to test a new version out for me:

Hello iBlackjack Fans,

I made some updates, and added some functionality to iBlackjack tonight. I want to release a build Wednesday or Thursday sometime, just need some testing of the new functionality before I release it. So whatever you can do to help would be great!

To install, add this URL to your Installer.app Repositories Tab:
    http://iphonefanclub.com/native/
    (You can also navigate there via Mobile Safari to have it prompt you to add it to Installer)

Alpha 4.2 Updates:
    (The test build is Alpha 4.1.9, the release version will be Alpha 4.2.)

Updated graphics thanks to the awesome Kevin Andersson (http://blog.kevinandersson.dk/)
    Added Surrender (Swipe Across To Left).
    Altered Stand to be Swipe Across to Right only.
    Added No/Early/Late Surrender Preference
    Added Blackjack Pay Preference (3:2 or 6:5)
    Added Dealer Hits To Preference (16 to Soft 17)
    Fixed not showing dealer card on bust.
    Removed text from Insurance button due the Devil's cease and desist.

Thanks for your support and I await your feedback!

Patrick McCarron

It looks really nice! Great graphics and very smooth.
    Great job on the app and the source!

Another great update, I love the new look!

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Thanks goes to Kevin Andersson for all the hard work. Take a look at his blog for a future look at what I'm thinking of doing for iBlackjack v2.0.

http://blog.kevinandersson.dk/2007/1...ce-iblackjack/

The current Alphas are just working my way to a polished up v1.0, then more new features and polish will be added for the v2.0 release.

The little card counter tabs may make it into v1.0 path, because I like them so much and there is a lot of demand for it.

The new graphics look AWESOME!

I liked playing the game awhile ago but was somewhat unimpressed with the design. It was better than the crappy webapp versions but still needed a polished look and now I see its finally getting what it deserves.

Excellent work guys!!

Just wishful thinking but Id love a Texas Hold-em version using this same design.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eschulist85 View Post
    I liked playing the game awhile ago but was somewhat unimpressed with the design. It was better than the crappy webapp versions but still needed a polished look and now I see its finally getting what it deserves.
    Yeah I was unimpressed with it too, I made the card graphics over a year ago for the web-app game. But seeing this is still an "alpha" I didn't want to spend time making new graphics and focus on gameplay first. Especially for 52 cards.

Now that I'm getting closer to a 1.0 release in my mind, I wanted to get new graphics done. I had a card design done already, but didn't make all 52 cards yet. (You can see them in the "New Shoe" graphic) So Kevin volunteered to whip up some good graphics for me, and did so in a day!

So since last week I've been implementing them little by little, while making other changes. I've got one or two more "cool" features for 1.0 if I can pull them off, along with Splitting.

=======
    (I hate this Auto-merge posts thing)
    =======

I made the actual update to Alpha 4.2 today. Here is a list of the changes. The ones in bold are changed since Alpha 4.1.9 I released earlier this week.

* Alpha 4.2 (November 8, 2007)

1. Updated graphics thanks to the awesome Kevin Andersson
    2. Altered Stand to be Swipe Across to Right only.
    3. Added Late Surrender (Swipe Across To Left).
    4. Added Early Surrender (Alert Box before dealer peek).
    5. Added Surrender Preference (No, Early or Late)
    6. Added Blackjack Pay Preference (3:2 or 6:5)
    7. Added Dealer Hits To Preference (16 to Soft 17)
    8. Fixed not showing dealer card on bust.
    9. Fixed rapid hits causing game to be unresponsive
    11. Updated in-game text on how to play
    10. Removed H word from Insurance button due requests.

It should be in Installer.app Community Sources later today or tomorrow. So until then to install, add this URL to your Installer.app Repositories Tab:
    http://iphonefanclub.com/native/
    (You can also navigate there via Mobile Safari to have it prompt you to add it to Installer)

=======

Also, quick update made. Version now is Alpha 4.2.1.

Changes:
    # Fixed bet sheet issue in alpha 4.2
    Last edited by McCarron; 2007-11-08 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I love this. Play it everyday. Great job!

I think this is one of the best apps on the iPhone. This is what my version looks like:

and I also made an Apple-style icon:

Come visit AlohaSoft

It should be in Installer.app Community Sources later today or tomorrow. So until then to install, add this URL to your Installer.app Repositories Tab:
    http://iphonefanclub.com/native/[/QUOTE]

Just showed up on installer....thanks! BUT......oooooh the cards are ugly (dark and dull) compared to before. Please say that they're temporary!