Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bible App

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633

It's not native but it has search and stuff so one step closer I guess

EDIT: it has an "offline use", not sure what it does though

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633

It's not native but it has search and stuff so one step closer I guess

EDIT: it has an "offline use", not sure what it does though
    Not sure about the "offline use" yet. I read all about it and basically it's where the creator of the site gives you an email address and then you IMAP it into your phone and he will have already created folders for each of the books.

It says that he requests a donation for the offline portion so I sent him $5.00 on August 21 and haven't heard A WORD since. I've sent a couple of emails and posted on his site, still nothing.

Not even an acknowledgement of the money I sent.

I don't know if it's a rip-off or not, but it's not looking good.

Default Idea for Scriptures APP
    It would be nice to have an interface like this or this.

The LDS scriptures are a must have for this application though.

The eBook reader is a bit weak as of now. Links do not work, and it only supports .html and .txt files.

Quote Originally Posted by brojimh View Post
    Your answer is somewhat limited in scope as well. This option offers no pdf support, no searching, no hot linking (in the future for commentaries, dictionaries, etc.) It seems that our request for a Bible app is not as short sighted as you believed if your answer is a simple book reader.

That being said, I certainly would settle for a simple copy of the Bible on my iPhone for now, but not at all satisfied with that.
    why not request an eBook reader with all of that available? or possibly ask the creator of the eBook to add features like these. That way I can use it for the Quran as well.

i'm laughing too but for different reasons hahahaha

Lord Go To Church Or Just Scan A Bible A Bible App Is A Waste Of Time

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenmymac View Post
    more of a waste of time than "iLight"? or an NES app? or iPhoneDoom?

I don't disagree that there need to be apps with books of other religions, but why in the world do people feel the need to pipe up and say that a Bible app is a waste of time just because they personally do not have a need for it. It's OBVIOUS that people want it and have a need for it or this thread would not have so many posts. I haven't seen many other app request posts on here with so many people agreeing that it's a definite need.
    Last edited by MrNoSox; 2007-08-28 at 09:02 PM.

Default iBibleSpace.org
    This is a pretty nice bible site for the iPhone. You do not need a login or pass if you visit the site on the iPhone.

http://www.ibiblespace.org

Why are you even posting in here? Are you just trying to spam the threads to up your post count or what???

If you don't want one or disagree---Hush and move on.

Why even open this thread if you don't want one?

That sounds crazy to me. Sounds to me like YOU are the one that needs to "Go To Church."

i agree...

Why are you even posting in here? Are you just trying to spam the threads to up your post count or what???

That sounds crazy to me. Sounds to me like YOU are the one that needs to "Go To Church."
    This is a public forum, this is not your thread. If he wants to post opinions he will. This is the internet. Get use to hearing opinions, especially ones that you dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnywala View Post
    i agree...

This is a public forum, this is not your thread. If he wants to post opinions he will. This is the internet. Get use to hearing opinions, especially ones that you dont like.
    do you even know what you're typing? You are just using the very argument I used for him and trying to copy it to apply to me...

If you are going to try and "Correct" someone, at least use your own approach.

I didn't know he needed someone to take up for him!

BTW, thank you for letting me know I was on the internet. . .I get confused sometimes. . .What a WASTE of time your post was.

Wow, how childish can we be on the "public forum" that is "not your thread."

When that guy disagreed with what I typed, I disagreed with him. When I disagreed with him, I get the lecture about how it's ok to disagree.

What is it with people like you appear to be, when someone disagrees with you it's not acceptable but it's ok for you to disagree with me???

wow. . .what an incredibly different world you live in. . .

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

And.... settled. Moving on.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I said what I said, because u told him not to open the thread.
    you did not:
    When I disagreed with him, I get the lecture about how it's ok to disagree.
    Why can he not open it? it is a public forum! you did not show an argument of disagreement...you told him not to open the thread!

I disagreed with what you typed so I responded. I did not stick up for him. but the fact that you did not let someone voice his/her opinion.

PF: sorry for responding to a thread you said is over. but I will not respond again....btw great site

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If someone wants to ask for a Bible app, let them ask. Who cares. Moving on.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

JedixJarf (2007-09-01)

Way to mediate

its called Books.app.... download that and download an eBook including the bible.
    iPhone 3G 8GB (2.0.2), iPhone 2G 8GB (2.0.2)

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 15inch, 4GB Ram

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz (OC 3.8ghz)
    4gb DDR2 Ram
    500gb RAID0
    GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

Man I don't see the issue with some people requesting a Bible app. and if someone chooses to develop it then its their choice and they feel they are not wasting time making it. So perhaps for those of you saying it's a waste time, then yes "for you" it is a waste, don't develop it and move on to another program you want to make.

I think the only waste going on is the time certain individuals are using to argue about something they are not making themselves and are not going to use anyways.

Anyways. I believe a Bible app would be great. It needs to be implemented similar to Reader app though. It needs to be a bible reader. Like they have for PDA's. Its a simple program that you can load multiple translations(religions) into and allows for a bookmark, search, devotional, and other common bible features.

http://www.olivetree.com/ is a prime example of what I mean. i used this on my old PDA phone.

Perhaps they could develop it for the iPhone?

For web apps that load quickly on EDGE, http://www.enetbible.com/ is a great format and a great translation...none of that KJV Old English crap. I wouldn't read the Bible in French cause I don't speak French...why would I read it in Old English!?

There are a few other well formatted ones available, but that has become my favorite.

Side note: I was on I-35 the other day and some *** had a bumper sticker that said "If it aint king James, it aint the Bible" slapped on the back of his truck. I wanted to pull him over and give him a mouth full but I refrained.

Quote Originally Posted by sftl99 View Post
    For web apps that load quickly on EDGE, http://www.enetbible.com/ is a great format and a great translation...none of that KJV Old English crap. I wouldn't read the Bible in French cause I don't speak French...why would I read it in Old English!?

There are a few other well formatted ones available, but that has become my favorite.

Side note: I was on I-35 the other day and some *** had a bumper sticker that said "If it aint king James, it aint the Bible" slapped on the back of his truck. I wanted to pull him over and give him a mouth full but I refrained.

umm... ok... Even Bible manufactures state that the KJV is one of the most accurate translations without being difficult to read.
    http://www.zondervan.com/images/cms/...anschrt_js.jpg
    Anyways this isn't a discussion about what translation its a discussion about the program so yeah...

I'm sure giving that individual a mouth full would have surely changed his mind about the whole thing right? Somethings telling me probably not.

Anyways! I really want a bible reader native app. Would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by metatrox View Post
    umm... ok... Even Bible manufactures state that the KJV is one of the most accurate translations without being difficult to read.
    http://www.zondervan.com/images/cms/...anschrt_js.jpg
    Anyways this isn't a discussion about what translation its a discussion about the program so yeah...

I'm sure giving that individual a mouth full would have surely changed his mind about the whole thing right? Somethings telling me probably not.

Anyways! I really want a bible reader native app. Would be great!
    Agreed that the mouth full wouldn't have done any good...hence why I refrained. Doesn't change the fact that a statement like that is simply bogus...to discount all other translations like that.

KJV is not easy for me to read, perhaps that makes me dumb...I'm willing to accept that. If we were to get into a theological conversation, however, there are a many major flaws and contradictions in that translation. Anyway, I don't know why I am compelled to continue on a conversation like this in a forum dedicated to our awesome iPhones! Sorry!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast