Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm Starting to get Worried

Default I'm Starting to get Worried
    I'm new to this and have only had my iphone (1.1.4) jailbroken for a month now but i think i really screwed up on something.
    I downloaded the buff skin on to my dialer than when i didn't like it i just went back to cydia to remove it. It said it was gone but when i went to make a call my keypad is completely black. When i click the black screen the only ones that will pop up are 1, 2, and #. My contacts and voicemail still look the same and work but the keypad is gone. So i went back to cydia to download some kinda other skin thinkin it might comeback with another skin put on but now when i try to download ANYTHING i get the error "subprocess pre-installation script returnded error exit status 1". I don't know if the problem i have is with cydia or the buff program but I am at a dead end and really need help.

Just do a restore and don't mess with stupid themes.

with a restore I'll lose everything?

Does it matter if you lose anything ?

You have no dialer

You're native iphone data (contacts, cal, notes, etc) will remain when iTunes does a backup before it restores. You will lose all installer or cydia apps but that shouldn't be a problem.

yeah ..sync to itunes ..before doing the restore .now ,after u restore jailbreak the phone again..and then resync back to itunes ..it will ask u to set up as a new iphone or restore a backup from previous ..sync..choose to restore backup ..and in 30 min or so u will get ur working phone back..with ur contacts,notes,etc..but u will lose the ..apps ..but u can download that later anytime ..having a working phone is a better deal
    Last edited by coolbeer1990; 2008-07-15 at 10:10 AM.

I dont mess with anything but Summerboard themes, but if someone would give him the stock .artwork file, couldnt he use that and ne good to go without having to restore?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ur are correct ajl, all he needs is the original artwork file for the dialer for 1.1.4. if i were u, i'd jus install one of them digital dialers from installer to overwrite not having one.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Which files in what directory needs to be overwritten ?
    Im having the same exact problem on JB 2.0
    I installed a battery theme, didnt like it so initially i tried to just install another but it givign me a error which to me indicated it wouldnt overwrite the existing files.. so i uninstalled the battery theme and installed another but it gave me error.

Now when i plug in the charge instead of getting the battery theme installed i just get a black window in its place and itunes reports an error...

Source Error... Subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

Quote Originally Posted by dmighty View Post
    Which files in what directory needs to be overwritten ?
    Im having the same exact problem on JB 2.0
    I installed a battery theme, didnt like it so initially i tried to just install another but it givign me a error which to me indicated it wouldnt overwrite the existing files.. so i uninstalled the battery theme and installed another but it gave me error.

Now when i plug in the charge instead of getting the battery theme installed i just get a black window in its place and itunes reports an error...

Source Error... Subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Exactly! Does any1 know more information on these subprocess errors b/c i don't want to restore i just want the error to go away!

same thing happened to me with a dialer application, I deleted it and it went blank, then i got the same error when i tired to reinstall via cydia.

I fixed the problem with ssh and installed the black dialer that you can download through this site. just put the files in /Applications/MobilePhone.app folder and all will be well

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matafia1 For This Useful Post:

HipHopSwordsman (2008-08-29)

Someone with the know-how should make some Cydia packages for the stock images for everything. I have seen quite a few people with these problems when installing some of the themed images from Cydia - that would give us an easy way to go back. I for one am scared to use any of those theme customizers for the time being.... They all seem pretty unstable still. I'll give it a month.