Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Icons in Dock App

Default Changing Icons in Dock App
    I tried doing a search on this but it mostly came up with every post since the term "dock" is frequently used. However, I was wondering if there is a way to change the icons in the Dock 2.06 so I could be able to match my SB theme. Maybe I just need to know the location of the icons and replace those. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

Perhaps changing the icon inside each xxxx.app folder? idk, just guessing that it could work...

Quote Originally Posted by funkdr_1999 View Post
    I tried doing a search on this but it mostly came up with every post since the term "dock" is frequently used. However, I was wondering if there is a way to change the icons in the Dock 2.06 so I could be able to match my SB theme. Maybe I just need to know the location of the icons and replace those. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
    if you change the icons of all the individual apps manually by replacing the icon.png of each app using your computer (PC's iphonebrowser in my case), all icons shown on dock 2.06 will reflect the new look after refreshing the springboard. i found out since i'm one of the few who still do not use summerboard in making my theme. i'm quite content with the clean black background of my springboard.

the only drawback on your part would be that summerboard would solely be a springboard wallpaper changing app now. second drawback is you have to manually change all icons again each time you change summerboard themes.

regards,
    m.o.r.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m.o.r. For This Useful Post:

funkdr_1999 (2008-01-02)