Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone can help with Ultcl app!!!

Default Anyone can help with Ultcl app!!!
    Hey Guys,

Would really appreciate any help I can get to learn how to use the Ultcl application from installer. I was forced into installing it as I wanted to update my SMSD app & required me to install Ultcl first. I am unsure how to use it or what is its function. If anyone can spend a few moments to explain to me this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks alot for anyone who replies me back. Thanks,

Ultcl App is basically like Task Manager in Windows, it gives you a list of running processes and the option to turn them off or on, be careful how you use it cuz if you turn off the wrong process it could force you to restore your iPhone.

Sean_Dillon

Thanks alot for your reply, honestly respected. But can you give me extra clarification on this program I don't want to mess up my phone at all. You seem experienced enough to give me some tips on working on it.

Is it possible for me to uninstall Ultcl after updating my SMSD application? If its not needed.

Thanks alot for your speedy response.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You select the daemon you want to load or unload. Let's say you want to load SSH. Tap on SSH, choose "Load" or "Load -w" or "cancel". If you choose "load", the service will load but will no longer be loaded next time you reboot. If you choose "load -w", the service will load and will survive a reboot.

Never tap on any daemon or service with "apple" written on it unless you know what you're doing.

amf

Thanks alot for your brief explaination, really helped me. There is nothing I want to change with the Ulctl program. 2 more questions if you or anyone else can help out.

1. In the Ulctl app, the SMSD line shows red unlike all the other app lines in the Ulctl. Is there anything I should do. The SMSD is working anyhow.

2. Can I remove the Ulctl app now after upgrading my SMSD to 0.9 or will I need it for future use.

Thanks alot and appreciate alot your replies & help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When it is in red, it means it's not loaded/running. Black, loaded/running.

You can uninstall it. I keep mine installed though. I also keep the SMSD daemon unloaded so that only the stock SMS app gives me the visual indicator (red number/circle on icon) of unread SMS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amf For This Useful Post:

hamooda2000 (2007-12-25)

amf

Really appreciate your help here. I will take your advise and keep the Ulctl, but won't play with it alot..
    Thanks, Respect