Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

SMSD is very cool, it is even faster than apple's application ! But (yeah, there's always a but) it is hard to use because of two things:

1. "+" symbol (on New Message screen) is too small and is hard to click on (you have to know the spot where to click on), maybe replacing the button "More" with this functionality would be better

2. selecting phone numer is one click too much; could you copy apple's solution ? writing contact name is faster...

As a conclusion, SMSD rox, keep that going !

PS: Would you consider adding a favorite contacts tab as in telephone application ? In that way sending an sms would be just one click away!
    Last edited by Cezex; 2008-04-04 at 10:25 PM.

Hi Friends

I have SMSD v0.2.3beta1(LATEST) on firmware 1.1.4.

The problem is when i forward message to more than one contacts then
    it only send message to preceeding 1 or 2 contacts. For example: if
    following are the names in TO list: Irish, Mukul, Abhi, Hyder, Ashish.
    Then it only sends message to Irish, Mukul and not to all contacts.

Please let me know is it bug in SmsD app. or problem in my iphone?

Regards
    Mukul Gupta

I've used SMSD to send multiple messages without a problem. I never forwarded a message to multiple recipients though

where can I change the Localizable.strings default language?

Thanks

Ok I downloaded this app. 0.2.1 version, it downloaded fine but when i wen to open it it just closed again. Please let me know where I can download a more stable version? not manual either something through installer.... please

i cant even open the thing

im 1.1.4 AT&T
    8GB Apple iPhone

i am on 1.1.4 and am able to launch the app. i can open the conversation, search, preferences and more windows but the screen freezes when i try to go to inbox or sent items. i can hit the home button and the app will quit eventually. i have all files set to 0755 and have tried installing the 2.3b from ssh and via the installer source. anyone have any ideas about this?

Hi Amrut

Tried installing SMSD v0.2.1 but screen goes blank and returns to springboard. Have seen a few other posts with the same problem but no solution. Any ideas? Thanks Angelo

Default I am unable to install SMSD to my iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

I will be tracking this thread for issues/suggestions regarding SMSD. Please post in this thread anything related to SMSD. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Hi,

Thanks. I've downloaded the Version 2.3. But how to install it to my iPhone. I totally have no ideas. I'm used to window mobile. Can you please guide me.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by etpc View Post
    Hi,

Thanks. I've downloaded the Version 2.3. But how to install it to my iPhone. I totally have no ideas. I'm used to window mobile. Can you please guide me.

Thank you.

Hi, I have the instructions for installing it under firmware 1.1.3

"1)using WinSCP browse to the Application directory of the iphone and drag from your PC the folder SMSD.app over to the Applications directory then right click the SMSD.app directory in WinSCP choose properties and check the box of the ownergroup permissions

2) take SMSDhelper from the folder MobileSMS.app in your PC and place it in MobileSMS.app directory in the Application root of your iphones

3) from the library folder u have downloaded onto your PC take the folder LaunchDaemons and place it inside the Library directory.

SMSD supports 1.1.3 firmware from v0.2.3beta1. But there are some issues. Since 1.1.3, apps are executed with less privileges. Because of this, apps cannot start Services. SMSD also has an option to make it a default SMS app. This is a hack which also requires higher privileges. In short, SMSD notifier and SMSD default app options will not stick if you are on 1.1.3. But there is a workaround.

This is how you enable SMSD Notifier and SMSD Default App preferences in 1.1.3. You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

You need to restart your phone if you change default app preference."

I hope that helps

Rick

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rrsodl For This Useful Post:

Krazy4Iphone (2008-05-09)

what has amrut joshi been up to recently? doesn't seem like he has updated the google page since january. Could you please ask him to give us a status update. Is he going to continue developing SMSD? Is it ever going to get to installer level again with 1.1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    I have the same problem...only badge shows unread messages in MobileSMS.app. When I enter into MobileSMS and exit, it resets unread counter to 0, but as soon as Springboard is restarted, the badge starts showing unread messages again And it all started with installation of SMSD
    i too am facing the exact prob.
    im on 1.1.4 (ootb 1.0.2) unlocked by iliberty+
    whenever i respring the springboard or power off/on the iphone, the unread no. of sms' jumps from 0 to a weird no. and keeps on increasing.
    but once i just enter smsd (0.2.3b1) and exit back to the springboard, the unread no. returns to 0.
    how can we solve this and is amrut going to continue development on smsd?

I am on 1.1.4 AT&T and I followed to the core the steps to install this app. I made it to work and have been using for couple of days but then after that when you open the app it does not do anything, won't go to inbox or other folders. After I restart the iphone, I can to the inbox but all my messages are deleted. No sent messages or anything else. I tried sending message to myself but I didn't even get that message. I like this app but it did this twice already. Luckily I have a backup of my sms.db. Any help would be appreciated why it's behaving this way. Thanks.

For SMSD on 1.1.4 -
    Uninstall the regular version.
    Add the source: repo.sosiphone.com
    Install the version called "SMSD Fr".
    Should now work.

@theplague: which version is "SMSD Fr"?
    is it 0.2.3b1 ?
    also, it sounds like the french version of SMSD
    does that mean, that the options displayed in this version of SMSD will be in French?

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    @theplague: which version is "SMSD Fr"?
    is it 0.2.3b1 ?
    Yes, that's it.

also, it sounds like the french version of SMSD
    does that mean, that the options displayed in this version of SMSD will be in French?
    No, it's in english.

thanx for ur help theplague but i finally solved the unread no. of sms prob.
    i needed to place 'com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist' in /private/Library/LaunchDaemons' and set its permissions to only '0755' and not '0777'.
    powered off/on the iphone and that was it.
    hope this helps others too.

Default Making SMSD default app? HELP Please!
    I am new to the Terminal thing so I need some help.
    I am having problems making SMSD the default app. I have tried using terminal and running the command line # /Applications/SMSD.app/SMD but this does not open the application so I can make it the default.
    I am not sure if this matters but when I open Terminal every line starts with the "$" is this correct?
    How can I fix this problem?
    I am on a jailbroken, Unlocked by iLiberty iPhone Ver. 1.1.3
    Thanks.

Default forward to E-mail
    I am using v0.2.3beta1

I select more and backup to mail, and after a few seconds, it opens the page to select my e-mail address. I get the e-mail but there is no attachment. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    I am using v0.2.3beta1

I select more and backup to mail, and after a few seconds, it opens the page to select my e-mail address. I get the e-mail but there is no attachment. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
    Nothing that feature does not work on FW 1.1.4, and it looks like the developer has gone south.
    He hasn't shown any support for his app in a long time now.
    Sorry but were all in the same boat here.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast