Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

hi guys... i have a problem to install it... can someone show a guide.. i already enabled the ssh and using the cyberduck to install it... and this is where it put the file..
    there are three file need to copy rite? the 1st one is SMSD.app to /applications 2nd one is inside mobilesms.app called SMSDhelper to /applications/mobilesms.app(package content) and the 3rd one is com.amrut.iphone.SMSD.plist to /library/launchdaemons. after finish copy the file is set permission on smsd.app to rwx r-x r-x (755). after that is fire the terminal # /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD ( i try both mac os x terminal and iphone terminal and din work) If there any step miss or wrong please give some advice.. guys i really need this application... so i wait for you all to help me on 1.1.4 (ziphone) patch 1.1.3 app support

Hello everyone,

I am on a 1.1.4 using ZIphone and am using SMSD 0.2.3 beta1. My problem is that SMSD does not show any new messages received although it shows the database as of yesterday (the day I restored to 1.1.4)

Default It keeps crashing!!!
    Everytime I install SMSD I go to the icon and every single time I tap it the app crashes and goes back to summerboard. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
    Everytime I install SMSD I go to the icon and every single time I tap it the app crashes and goes back to summerboard. Any suggestions?
    This is what's happening with me too. I'm a complete idiot compared to a lot of you guys and I'm not exactly sure what I need to say I'm running. But I unlocked with ziPhone and now I'm running off of the installerapp. I installed the BSD Subsystem 2.1 and Open SSH. (Not sure what Open SSH does or what I need to do to get it to work) But SMSD still doesn't respond when I try to open it. The screen starts, but then crashes and takes me back home.

On another semi-unrelated note, I have eBook, but when I install a book, it doesn't recognize the books.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Heck i would be willing to donate more money if someone could get this working correctly from the installer app. It doesnt even have the latest in there! I tried installing it manually with no luck on working HELP!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am using ziphone 1.1.4 Iphone,
    to use SMSD, copy the beta zip from Amrut Joshi's site http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/ then using Ibrickr after installing the patch to get Ibrickr to work and recognise that th phone has been jailbroken, from unlock.no
    then just upload the SMSD file from the applications/SMSD.app folder into the applcations/smsd/smsd.app in the iphone.
    works well, haven't found any problems

Quote Originally Posted by phil_drc View Post
    to use SMSD, copy the beta zip from Amrut Joshi's site http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com/ then using Ibrickr after installing the patch to get Ibrickr to work and recognise that th phone has been jailbroken, from unlock.no
    then just upload the SMSD file from the applications/SMSD.app folder into the applcations/smsd/smsd.app in the iphone.

ok so where is this patch?

found it thanks

As stated above, add "http://i.unlock.no" in your installer, refersh. look for unlocking tools folder and it's in there
    Last edited by silverzz28; 2008-03-13 at 04:29 AM.

I had re-done the iplus and finally got it right to work now.
    Last edited by kevinti; 2008-03-13 at 08:38 PM.

Ok i've used WinSCP to copy SMSD.app to the applications folder, executed via command prompt, rebooted my phone and the application launches fine. The only issue im having, that no one else seems to have is "Conversations, Search, Backup to Mail" Do not work. Selecting them sends me immediately back to the home screen. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? Im on 1.1.3 using v0.2.3beta jailbroken with ziphone

Hi Great App
    Im on 1.1.3 and managed to get it to work ok but by accident i replaced the MobileSMS.app as well.
    Now my text App on the Iphone displays MobileSMS. Any way to rectify that?

hey so I just installed the smsd on my iphone, i have the 1.1.4 version and wen i receive txt it still opens with the other program instead of opening in smsd.. Im very new to the iphone .. so how would i change it to open with smsd? i tried setting SMSD Defailt app but it says it doesnt work for 1.1.3 firmware?? HELP

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

SO is this a dead app?
    I relied on it to email my text log and this new version does not on a 1.1.4.
    Should it be that the author has abandoned the application?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    SO is this a dead app?
    I relied on it to email my text log and this new version does not on a 1.1.4.
    Should it be that the author has abandoned the application?

Thanks
    Unfortunately it looks that way .

Too bad....

JM

I hope it's not dead.

SMSD is one damn clean-yet-practical software for sms. It's faster than isms and wetool which I had never liked to use both of them.

The only two functions that do not work on my 1.1.4 atm are:

1. Backup (*empty sms)to Mail.
    2. Save (*Not saved at all) to Template.

I'm waiting patiently for Joshi to fine tune the current beta to make it fully operative on 1.1.4.

I appreciated SMSD so much when I was on 1.1.2's version, it simply works flawlessly.

Let's cheer Johsi up.....
    Last edited by kevinti; 2008-03-23 at 04:24 AM.

I'm on the road right now posting from my iPhone and was really hoping there was a way to get this to at least open on 1.1.4. Oh well, guess I just have to wait for an update to the app or wait til I get home to install the beta version
    Last edited by crashspeeder; 2008-03-23 at 08:29 PM.

Default Please Elaborate
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_drc View Post
    Can you please elaborate, I am on 1.1.4 ziphone and the ibrickr too is working, however I dont understand your steps.

Also , do I need to uninstall the 2.1 version downloaded via installer?

I have downloaded the beta zip, and then unzipped it.

Do you mind opening the ibrickr and give step wise step instructions?

Thank you,

RM

Quote Originally Posted by rishi_malik View Post
    Can you please elaborate, I am on 1.1.4 ziphone and the ibrickr too is working, however I dont understand your steps.

Also , do I need to uninstall the 2.1 version downloaded via installer?

I have downloaded the beta zip, and then unzipped it.

Do you mind opening the ibrickr and give step wise step instructions?

Thank you,

RM
    Hey phil_drc:

I got it working... Those several files under SMSD.app were confusing me as I wasnt sure whether I am supposed to move all of those.

Thanks so much Phil... finally the most useful app is working again.

RM
    Last edited by rishi_malik; 2008-03-23 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

for those of you who are uncomfortable using ssh or SCP add repo.sosiphone.com to your installer sources and go into sosiphone applicatifs. Install smsd fr (don't worry, the lists are in English it seems. The menus appear to be In French) and you have the beta version installed. Have fun!

EDIT: It appear most of the options are 1.1.2 and below for now. You can't set it as default through the menus nor can you use anything in the preferences menu without a prompt that tells you the options don't work for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. Wait until the final version for all the options but for now it's a good alternative
    Last edited by crashspeeder; 2008-03-23 at 10:40 PM.

Guys, I have this problem with SMSD which is eating me from inside. I'm running under firmware 1.1.4...managed to install it, give it permission 755 and assigned it as the default sms app. However there were instances where I would try and send messages and they wouldn't arrive at the recipient... instead the application would just close abruptly after I press "send". Since I needed to send the sms urgently, I had to use the native app of iPhone. Then something weird happened... when I tried to re-open smsd, it wouldn't open! I had to restore my iphone and repeat the whole process of installing to get it working once again! This time I won't set it as the default app...and up till now it's working fine.

As regards suggestions for Amrut - I have 2 - different and larger font (arial maybe) when typing and fast insertion of smileys.

Interestingly, with 2.3beta, I've followed the instructions at amrut's site and I now have a different font. Its using the same font as the native app. I've set it as default and am keeping my fingers crossed (I think I've had to restore 4 times this week because of my fiddling).

Its very late at night here right now so I havent been able to test it by sending and receiving, but one thing I have noticed is that selecting "conversations" kicks me back to springboard. I dont know if anyone else has experienced this and might have a fix?

i just noticed that smsd on my 1.1.3 auto deletes older messages... Anybody else got that problem? Does someone know how to fix that? I want to decide for myself what messages i delete... Thnx!!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast