Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Im using 0.2.3beta1, I have 1.1.2 OOTB on 1.1.2 and this is what I dont like, I have mail it to amrut also:

1) bubbles are not right side- all of them are pointing right
    2) when very long SMS is received i cannot see last 2 rows, i have
    managed to see that rows when I press up&down arrows few time, please
    check that
    3) can you make smilies insert and that they are those yellow smilies
    when aent or received
    4) can you make settings so we can choose whether we want new messages
    view in normal view or bubble view like original SMS ? Also there is
    no reply button when viewing in bubble view, I can only read in bubble
    view
    5) when reading messages i dont get notification when new message
    arrives
    6) bubble views are not in right order as messages have been sent and
    received, i get 2 sent and then one received which should be between
    those two
    7) notification when typing over 160 char so we can see that we are in
    2nd message
    8) + button needs to be tapped twice to choose sender, dont know if
    that maybe is an issue or ?
    9) time format is AM PM, not 24h format. I have
    24h format on my iPhone.
    10) "To:" field should be exact like original SMS application, typing letters and as I
    type it shows names and after 3rd letter i just tap it and voila, no
    one types number there and it is much faster than + and scroll with
    fingers to the name and then choose number etc. Just copy that from
    original SMS.
    11) sometimes I get "@!" and piece of the message, I dont get first part at all ?? Even original application shows this ?? - I think that this is an issue of smileys not showing
    12.) SUGGESTION - Ive had Samsung U600 before iPhone and I LOVED his SMS because it has
    invert color, black background and white letters, it is easier to read
    and the most important the phone doesnt glow in dark and i think that
    it consumes less battery that way and it looks sooo much better. Maybe
    you can make whole skin for SMSD in invert color, black with white
    letters and some other colors where needed for buttons.

Cheers
    Last edited by Busha; 2008-02-18 at 10:38 PM.

amrut, i beg of you... please, *please* move the 'Send' button somewhere not so close to the keyboard area, or at the least reintroduce the "confirm send" screen. while i did mange to get the latest .23 beta to work properly on my 1.1.3-3 dev JB'd iphone, i had to uninstall it due to finding myself constantly sending unfinished messages out, a few times w/ disasterous consequence..!

Quote Originally Posted by sukatoro View Post
    amrut, i beg of you... please, *please* move the 'Send' button somewhere not so close to the keyboard area, or at the least reintroduce the "confirm send" screen. while i did mange to get the latest .23 beta to work properly on my 1.1.3-3 dev JB'd iphone, i had to uninstall it due to finding myself constantly sending unfinished messages out, a few times w/ disasterous consequence..!
    In version 0.2.3b1 the sending confirmation can be set in Other | Preferences

JM

Default Revised List of features
    Hey Amrut,

So I got SMSD to save sent messages on 1.1.3. For all those still having trouble with that, the fix is to remove the symlink /var/root/sms linking to /var/mobile/sms. If that symlink exists, SMSD believes that the phone is running an old firmware. Remove that symlink, and it'll save sent messages.

Anyway, here are the features I'd love to see in this app:

1. An option to view new messages in Conversation view, as opposed to seeing them individually as in every other phone. The conversation view is what makes the iPhone different - I find myself never using it at all in SMSd, as all my new messages are opened individually.

2. Delivery Reports (PLEASE implement this asap - My carrier, Airtel, SUCKS in delivering messages, and I'm very, very dependent on the reports)

3. Along with a character count, a display of message count as well (as said on the very first page of this thread by people)

4. Fixing 'Backup To Mail' in 1.1.3

5. PLEASE move the 'Insert' and 'Send' buttons farther from the text field! I once had to type the same message FOUR times because I kept hitting insert and it erased my message. This is a MUST!

6. Save as Drafts. While this is similar to saving as Templates, having a message as a Draft that deletes on being Sent would be much better - a la Nokia phones.

7. Categorization of messages in Folders - again, a la Nokia. This is a great feature. I would love to have this in my iPhone. In my old Nokia 7610, I have categorized messages from as old as 3 years. While the Search feature is brilliant, that is a necessity as well.

That's it. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we'd love to have all these features.

Thanks, Amrut.

I installed 0.2.3beta (using winSCP) on Ziphone unlocked Iphone 1.1.3 firmware

SMSD starts and works BUT the most important option, BACKUP to EMAIL doesnt work. It just ends the application when the option is started.

I used terminal emulation in order to activate the options in preferences, without success.

I noticed some remarks about symlink, yet thought that is only for nates version (beside that I actually have no clue how to change a symlink anyway)

Did someone have the same though got the "backup to email" working? (THE ultimate reason for SMSD for me)- if so, please share - it would really help me out

Thanks

El

- 24h format
    - fixing the font in the fullview-sms screen
    - a message counter like: Inbox(34, 2 new)
    - landscape-format

=(

Amrut,

I agree with most of other peoples' desires for improvement, but I'm here because of something else.

I manually installed 0.2.3beta1 on a 1.1.3 iPhone, in Preferences checked "SMSD Default App" but 10 seconds later I changed my mind about it so I switched it off.

Later I saw that my MobileSMS.app is missing from the home screen. It's present in the /Applications folder, but inside MobileSMS.app resides only some SMSD deamon (can's see the exact name right now). How come? I know I can ask someone to send me MobileSMS.app but I'd like to know what happened

Also, when I entered in SMSD.app I saw that conversations don't have any chat bubbles. I had to insert those manually in MobileSMS.app in order to see them at all in SMSD (because MobileSMS has no content except that SMSD file).

Default iPhone goes Mute after installing SMSD0.2.3Beta1
    Hi Amrut,

Just installed SMSD 0.2.3 Beta1 on 1.1.3. Thank you for this good app.
    I faced a small problem when I installed this app for a friend on mine. He is using it for reading and writing Arabic SMS. After installiing and making it as the default app, the iphone goes mute (cant hear any song or a ringtone).

Other apps installed
    Mobile Enhancer 2.0 from repository.ripdev.com
    Arabic font from apps.iphoneislam.com
    Arabic keyboard from apps.iphoneislam.com
    AppSupport Patch for 1.1.3 from installer.iClarified.com

is the SMSD conflicting with some application for the sound resources?

Hope to hear your resolution soon

regards
    iPhonewb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -V-O-Y-A-G-E-R- View Post
    Later I saw that my MobileSMS.app is missing from the home screen. It's present in the /Applications folder, but inside MobileSMS.app resides only some SMSD deamon (can's see the exact name right now). How come? I know I can ask someone to send me MobileSMS.app but I'd like to know what happened
    There's a MobileSMS.app folder in the SMSD.zip that only contains the SMSDHelper file. You have to add/copy this file into the MobileSMS.app (standard text app) folder on iphone. I guess somehow you replaced the folder completly. Or better, the SSH programm you used to transfer the files. Which one did you use?

To aviod this, just copy files directly into their directories, don't transfer directories that already exist on the phone.

^Thanks meisterlumpi. I would say that was the problem

I think I was on Windows that day..using WinSCP..or Terminal on iPhone. Dunno But will be aware of that next time

Hello everybody !!

I've just installed SMSD 0.2.3 Beta1 on iPhone with 1.1.3 firmware (unlocked with Ziphone).

Now, everything seems working fine, but the red number that appears on the icon when new messages arrive does not disappear after i read the messages. I don't know if it is a problem of read/write permissions for some app file, or maybe I have not properly installed SMSD (I mean in the right way...)

I've done these things:
    -I've installed an old version from Installer
    -with WinSCP I've copied all the files contained in the .zip (downloaded from Amrut page) in the indicated folders of my iPhone
    -then i've launched SMSD from vt100-term just like Amrut indicated in his page.
    -turned off then on iPhone

Any idea or suggestion ???

Thanks in advance
    Alessandro

PS: Amrut, you made a great app, thank you for your efforts !!!

Amrut, fantastic app you've written here. I love it, so much better than default app. There are some good requests in there for improvements too but gotta appreciate what you have done already. Just to add my own if I could....I am on 0.2.3 Beta which i have installed and got working correctly but just a couple of things I would like to ask to see if anyone can help.

1. When I have SMSDnotify turned off, I still get previews of messages on phone.
    2. The count for new messages Resets whenever I exit the app and get a new message. (It shows 34 messages as thats all my messages and not just unread ones)

Can anyone help please??

Default bus error
    Hi,

I've installed SMSD on my 16gb iPhone without any problems at all but when I install it on my 8gb iPhone and run SMSD from the shell I get the error: zsh: bus error

Both phones are firmware 1.1.3 bootloader 4.6, anyone got an idea what might be causing this?

--- Frang

I'm on Jailbroken 1.1.4 now. What do I need to modify to make SMSD works?

Thanks.

Amrut, will SMSd ever be updated to work properly with 1.1.3 and up? Seems like development has stopped?

Thanks

I have a problem with SMSd v0.2.3beta1: I've installed it with Cyberduck and for a couple of times it worked fine. But now if i try to open the app, it crashes as soon as i open it!!!
    Have anyone experienced the same problem?

I totally love SMSd and think that its the best SMS application out there. Apple should either buy it off AJ or emulate its functionality.

The one thing that bothers me is that when you open a message, the font is displayed in Times New Roman Font. This is not found anywhere on the iPhone except in this context (When you are reading a message on SMSd). Can someone please tell me how I can manually change this message font?

Thanks in advance,

GP, Dubai .

It would be very helpful if you added an experimental/beta source for these kind of apps. It's been a long time since a final release has been updated.

i have smsd beta installed on a 1.1.4. the problem i have is when i delete all the messages it sill shows that i have 3 new messages on the springboard. i have tried deleting everything on smsd and it still shows. how do i fix this

I have the same problem...only badge shows unread messages in MobileSMS.app. When I enter into MobileSMS and exit, it resets unread counter to 0, but as soon as Springboard is restarted, the badge starts showing unread messages again And it all started with installation of SMSD

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast