Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Thanks

Very great progamm!!

But I have 3 questions:

1. Why shows the Bubbles in the wrong direction?
    2. Why are under Preferences "SMSD Notifier" two times?
    3. Is it possible to "localize" the words under Preferences?

And at least I have "Localizable.strings" in german.

regards
    Dr.Desaster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image2.png   -image1.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by geircito View Post
    SMSD-v0.2.3beta1 working just great under 1.1.3.
    Now it's my default SMS application.
    Where did you get that from? I cant find it on installer

Please note with reference to Forward to Email Fix would you be kind enough to remove the extra text "This is iPhone SMS backup generated by SMSD (Copyright 2007-2008 [email protected])"
    This just adds uneccesary text to each email.

For future releases may I suggest ans SMS Filter for handling SMS Spam. An option to create a blacklist of numbers from whom SMS would be automatically deleted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SMSD-v0.2.3 not on Installer
    Guys!

Please help me out, I cant find it on installer SMSD-v0.2.3

Hi,

I'm on Iphone 1.1.3 and things are working fine for me. thx a lot!
    May I ask just one thing: I'm living in Belgium and my provider is 'BASE'. Could it possible to specify the 'ask delivery code' in SMSD. I'm not shure but for my provider, it'could be *0# and this code may vary for other providers

see in http://www.iphonestalk.com/tip-how-t...-on-an-iphone/

is this App even still available? I am unable to get it from the regular repository through his website. seems to be gone and I can't find it anywhere else. Any suggestions?

i use ithe 0.2.3.bata1 (1.1.3) und i have the problem that SMSD can not save the sended sms in the Database. If I send a sms i will get a new conversation and after i have closed smsd the new conversation is lost and i have no new sms in the sended sms.
    if I get a new SMS they will write the new SMS into the Database.
    Anyone has an idea why SMSD doesn''t store my sended SMS?

Megawaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Megawaldi View Post
    i use ithe 0.2.3.bata1 (1.1.3) und i have the problem that SMSD can not save the sended sms in the Database. If I send a sms i will get a new conversation and after i have closed smsd the new conversation is lost and i have no new sms in the sended sms.
    if I get a new SMS they will write the new SMS into the Database.
    Anyone has an idea why SMSD doesn''t store my sended SMS?

Megawaldi
    I have the same problem. As a heavy SMS user, I also find SMSD to be very slow to open Conversations. Messages sent via SMSD do not follow the bubble sequence, in fact they do not appear.

Some more work needs to be done. thanks

I uninstalled SMSD but find that the original icon has changed its name from 'Text' to Mobile SMS. Can anyone suggest how one can revert the name? thanks
    Last edited by shugni; 2008-02-10 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

u need to undo smsd as default sms from its options menu

i love this app its significantly better than the stock sms app in almost every way. im on 1.1.3 with the new 0.2.3beta but i was wondering if you could just make a quick button on your next release that allows us to completely clear conversations (like in the stock app).

thanks for all the innovations already lol.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Hey Amrut,

I, much like others above me, would also like to point out that SMSD refuses to save my Sent Messages, or show a proper Conversation view. We would really appreciate a fix for these issues, because your app is wayy better than the default SMS app, if it functions properly.

You know what, I'll just make a list of requests of features that I'd like to make:

1. Saving of Sent Messages

2. Proper Conversation view

3. Delivery Reports (PLEASE implement this asap - My carrier, Airtel, SUCKS in delivering messages, and I'm very, very dependent on the reports)

4. Along with a character count, a display of message count as well (as said on the very first page of this thread by people)

5. Fixing Backup To Mail in 1.1.3

6. Categorizing messages in Folders (as in Nokia phones)

That's all I can think of right now. I hope you can implement them in your next release.

Again, it's a great app. Thanks!
    Last edited by rohitk; 2008-02-11 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

installed on 1.1.3 working FINE....

JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THIS THREAD....

Quote Originally Posted by nayanashar View Post
    installed on 1.1.3 working FINE....

JUST FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THIS THREAD....
    Which STEPS? Please point to that post... I get bus error...

Hi Amrit,

I just installed SMSD 0.2.2 on my upgraded 1.1.2 iphone, I bought it originally 1.1.1.
    I Live in Brasil and have the telephone numbers customized to the brazilian format 1 11 (dd) xxxx-xxxx.
    The problem I am getting is that if I try to send a SMS to a foreign country getting the contact phone through the COntact list, the sms doesn't go, every time I receive the Message not sent to......., and the format of the phone number to whom I try to send is american format (+1 919 xxx xxxx) but if I go directly to the contact info in the SMSD place for it , and enter the same number +1919xxxxxxx directly then it goes.
    And this only happens to Foreign numbers because all my other contacts just work fine.

Any clue why this is happening ?
    On 1.1.1 and an older version of SMSD, it worked just fine with all contacts.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
    Last edited by mwootton; 2008-02-12 at 04:08 AM.

Any plan to add font size preference/customization? the overall look and feel of the app seems inconsistent with with apple's sms or mail.app, would be great if it defaults to the same font/display style...

This app no longer works on my ZiPhone 1.1.3 jailbreak. It has worked before on 1.1.3 Nates JB. Any chance for a fix?

i have ZiPhone 1.1.3 jailbreak and SMSD is working great. saves sent messages etc. great app.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Hi Amrut,

One feature I would love to see added to this application is the ability to quote the original message when forwarding - let me know if this can be implemented

Also - for some reason Installer does not show the latest version of SMSD for some reason it is still showing 2.1 whereas 2.2 is the latest version - why is that ?

Default Adding Files
    Hi there,

Is there a way i can add files to SMSD ie to store my friends txts in.

Change software files.

Mark
    Claire etc

These ideas are good... I would like them to be implemented too..

Tippy

Quote Originally Posted by rohitk View Post
    Hey Amrut,

I, much like others above me, would also like to point out that SMSD refuses to save my Sent Messages, or show a proper Conversation view. We would really appreciate a fix for these issues, because your app is wayy better than the default SMS app, if it functions properly.

You know what, I'll just make a list of requests of features that I'd like to make:

1. Saving of Sent Messages

2. Proper Conversation view

3. Delivery Reports (PLEASE implement this asap - My carrier, Airtel, SUCKS in delivering messages, and I'm very, very dependent on the reports)

4. Along with a character count, a display of message count as well (as said on the very first page of this thread by people)

5. Fixing Backup To Mail in 1.1.3

6. Categorizing messages in Folders (as in Nokia phones)

That's all I can think of right now. I hope you can implement them in your next release.

Again, it's a great app. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tippy; 2008-02-17 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Can't spell today!!

Hi,
    I can't launch SMSD with 1.1.3
    Is there any version that can run on 1.1.3 on Installer?

Thanks

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast