Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Default Known issues with 0.2
    Hello,

Following are the known issues with 0.2:
    1) Crash on opening (freeze).
    2) Backup to mail doesnt work.
    3) Crash on Delete All
    4) Sent message is not shown in sent box if it is empty.

I already have a fix for all these and should be available in the next release.

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

3) Crash on Delete All

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Thank you so much Amrut! i can backup single messages. but i want to back up my whole library of texts. so i don't have to do it 1 by 1. keep up the great work man!

Thank you for adding conversation section, but its still not like the native one I can't reply with in the conversation section.

It would be great if you can add a feature to forward entire conversation, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

3) Crash on Delete All

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Theres also the bug of long txt messages breaking down into one word lines when viewed in the conversation view

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this awesome app!

I want to make Russian localization, but how can I test it? I tried to make new dir named ru.lproj with the file containing localized strings inside it, but all strings in the app are still in English even after its restart.
    Is there any way to test own localization?

Thanks.

Senator, put it into en.lproj ;-)

Blind Guardian, yes I also did it. I even tried to put in this dir German localized file, but even after phone reboot application still was in English But from where did it get strings if there was no English file?

There is no need to reboot the phone... I've just tried to modify /en.lproj/Localizable.strings - I've got SMSD in russian on my 1.0.2 iPhone :-)
    May be something wrong with interface localization? I didn't use any of that, nor Russian Project nor LanguagePack...
    http://onyx-ltd.chat.ru/smsd_ru.zip
    Last edited by Blind Guardian; 2008-01-06 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Link added - russian localization

Well, I have no effect after replacing original Localizable.strings with the file you've provided. But I've got 1.1.2 firmware and Russian Project installed.
    Nevertheless I can't understand from where does the app get original English strings after replacing files... I'll try to find it out.

Update: I don't know what it was, but after reinstalling the app everything goes right.
    But now I actually don't know if my localization is still needed because Blind Guardian did the same localization and even provided a link

I attached my own localization. I think it's a bit better, than Blind Guardian's because there is more clear translation for "Backup to Mail", "Home", "Reply" and "More Utilities" and also more complete translation for "Could not send to...", "Please Wait", "No Address is specified." and "Sent Successfully to...".
    Blind Guardian, do you mind if my localization will be used?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Senator; 2008-01-07 at 01:17 AM. Reason: My own Localizable.strings added

Just wanted to share to make the use of SMSd even more fun

Amrud, maybe you can add this as an additional feature of SMSd? or add as prebuilt template?

To get delivery confirmation reports sent to phone just add a delivery confirmation request code to the beginning of your text message. When your SMS has been delivered you will get a text message back to you notifying that the message for +(number) has been delivered on (date and time) or something similar.

The recipient won’t see the confirmation code part of your sms as this is stripped out by the network.

Below are the codes confirmed working that i've gathered using Google. It appears that different networks use different codes.

Indonesia
    Telkomsel: *N#
    Satelindo: *R*

UK
    T Mobile: *0#
    O2: *0#

Germany
    T-Mobile: *T#
    Vodafone D2: *N#
    O2: *N#
    e-plus: *N#

Sweden
    Telia: *KV#
    Comviq: KV#
    Telenor: ##
    SWISSCOM: *N#

Turkey TURKCELL: *N#
    Polish PlusGSM (Polkomtel): XYZ
    Brazil VIVO (CDMA): *not# works on !
    Brasil Claro: *N#
    India BSNL CellOne Networks: *N#

Still need to complete the codes from other providers/countries. But usually *N# your message works..
    Last edited by asae; 2008-01-07 at 10:05 AM.

Senator, great job!
    Try to put localization strings into Russian.lproj (create new one in SMSD folder) cause Russian Project uses exactly this name

Thanks

I have one question. Did anyone know, if I can change the "templates-file" on my PC and send it back to the iPhone over WinSCP?
    ...and where can I find the template-file?

The template-file in the ".app-directory" comprised only the standard text, not the changes made by me.

Thanxx...

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
    Senator, great job!
    Try to put localization strings into Russian.lproj (create new one in SMSD folder) cause Russian Project uses exactly this name
    Thanks.
    Now, after app reinstall the file works correctly even in ru.lproj dir.

Lightbulb Feature Request.
    Hi,
    Can we have a instant contact search like the native SMS app instead to scroll every time.
    We can directly type the alphabets and the best match appears.
    This is would be a great addition to the greatest app ever.
    Thanks AMRUT.

Amrut - First of all a BIG thank you. I have almost replaced the default SMS with SMSD. If you could please add a feature to Save a Single SMS/ Conversation to the Notes app, it would allow me to get rid of the WeTool App. Thanks again.

Thumbs up Time in International format
    Hi,

thank you for this great app.

A quick fix (I hope): read the iPhone international settings and display the date and time in localized format.

Example:

19:55 (Italian) instead of 7:55PM (US)

Now that your splendid application is translated in many languages, this becomes a nice plus

Kindest regards,

Luca

Hey, I understand that you can add that code to get the delivery notification. While the list is helpful, is it possible to do that in the US on AT&T's network? I have searched all over and have had no luck.

It would be cool to see the app work in landscape view with a landscape keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueasseddwarf View Post
    Hey, I understand that you can add that code to get the delivery notification. While the list is helpful, is it possible to do that in the US on AT&T's network? I have searched all over and have had no luck.
    yes, i'm looking for the code for Proximus Belgium.
    no luck in finding it

Totally not understandable why Apple didn't include this on the iPhone.
    Delivery notification is probably the most standard thing on ANY cellphone.
    Could you please add/implement this in SMSD, Amrut?

thanks in advance (donation will be made when it's implemented! )

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast