Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

I have noticed that smsD won't let you out of the program unless you restart the iphone after sending a huge batch of sms's (i tested with 14).

This is looking great! Suggestions:

1. Bubble chat, but you've heard that before
    2. Option to NOT save to outbox when sending a mass text. After every mass text it takes me 20 minutes to go through a hand delete each duplicate text from the MobileSMS.app that was send to each person.
    3. Alternative to above: Option to select multiple messages to delete so I don't have to do them one at a time. Thanks!

-Tyler

i've tried the "backup to mail" option and it doesn't send any of the texts messages to my e-mail. i get the email just find, but no texts, no attachments or anything. what am i doing wrong?
    thanks
    moyn

same here, backup to mail doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Sometimes my gmail puts these mails in junk and I dont see them. Also, I am pretty busy with SMSD coding and I have full time day job also. I hope you understand that I did not, on purpose, ignore your mails/posts.

Anyway, I have fixed many issues in the betas. Can you try installing latest beta from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com and see if it works?

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    Thanks a TON Amrut, Yipeeeeeeee it works wonderfullly. Whew (wiping the sweat off my brow), been waiting for this super super application and yes indeed it works wonderfully. I suspect it was the sheer number of my contacts that caused the problem in the first place. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for fixing it. Much appreciated and it is indeed my fav application for the iphone.

Cheers, Vikas.

hi,
    somebody can tell me please, how i can install smsd?
    installer says "package download failed: canīt connect to host!"
    how can i install the zipīs??
    i have iphone 1.1.2 und win xp with winscp.

greats and thanks
    nicerl

Quote Originally Posted by nicerl View Post
    hi,
    somebody can tell me please, how i can install smsd?
    installer says "package download failed: canīt connect to host!"
    how can i install the zipīs??
    i have iphone 1.1.2 und win xp with winscp.

greats and thanks
    nicerl
    ok it is pretty simple
    1st : ssh into ur iphone using winscp
    2nd: open the application directory of ur iphone
    3rd : make sure u delete mobilesms.app and smsd.app if u already have them installed
    4th: extract the zip--open up the application folder in the zip and copy both smsd.app and mobilesms.app into the iphone's application directory.
    5th: on ur iphone..go to library and launchdaemons
    6th: delete the com.amrut.iphone.SMSD file if u already have it
    7th: upload the new com.amrut.iphone.SMSD found in the launchdaemon directory of the unzipped zip

NOTE: IF UR APP CRASHES AND DOES NOT LAUNCH AS I ENCOUNTERED U SHOULD ENABLE the (set group,owner and permission recursively) and make sure the octal (permission) is 0755

THATS IT HOPE IT WORKS OUT

my messages are filling up and i need to save them to my comp somehow! no word on how to get this app's "backup to email" feature working. someone please help. or what's the fastest and easiest way to save my texts? yes i'm searched. nobody as a very solid answer. and i'm not the best with using SSH. thanks!
    scott

I have just installed 0.2, all seems ok but in conversations view there are no bubbles just the messages floating to the left or right with the little blue arrow, essentially black on white?

Anyone else getting this?

Hi, i was just wondering, could it be possible to add a sidefeature where u can see the total number of recieved and send sms's, i asked for this on #modmyi - they said that it wasnt made yet, and suggested that i should ask here... But anyways, would be awesome
    -Leifti

Thanks

I like it, but there's two things it "lacks" I guess you could say from what I'm used to with Apple's.

1. I would like to be able to simply start typing someone's name when sending a new message, and have the matches pop up. I have never sent text messages to a phone number, but for some reason, the phone pad comes up.

2. You have a conversation view, but it can only be used as a history view. I would like to continue reading/writing messages in conversation mode.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Default Conversation View Bug
    I want start off by saying this is a great program. You've truly done a great job

I noticed that in my conversation view, text messages longer than one line seem to start breaking down into one word lines. Below is a screen shot of what's happening

hopefully this can be fixed in the next release

Green Apple
    Thanks

Happens on a few of my long SMS too....

Same here. but other than that i'm loving it.

I've noticed it's really maturing into a truly excellent application, so today, with the 0.2 release, I hid Apple's app and moved SMSD into its place

Only one thing that's a tiny bit scary about it at the moment: The possibility to send the whole message history to any email address ... If someone wanted a copy of all my text messages, it would only take them a few seconds to steal it. How about either password protect this function or make it a tiny bit harder for others to misuse by adding a setting in preferences for a predefined e-mail address you could use for the "Backup to email" feature? Would also make the backup process easier. I'm voting for pre-defined address, as password protection can be done with a sim lock code or a phone lock code.

Quote Originally Posted by Marasmus View Post
    Only one thing that's a tiny bit scary about it at the moment: The possibility to send the whole message history to any email address ... If someone wanted a copy of all my text messages, it would only take them a few seconds to steal it. How about either password protect this function or make it a tiny bit harder for others to misuse by adding a setting in preferences for a predefined e-mail address you could use for the "Backup to email" feature? Would also make the backup process easier. I'm voting for pre-defined address, as password protection can be done with a sim lock code or a phone lock code.

we need to get this back up to email feature to work first.

That feature works fine on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marasmus View Post
    That feature works fine on my phone.
    how the hell did you get it to work? i can send the actual e-mail. but when i receive it no attachment shows up, and the texts don't show up. what are you using and/or doing different that is making it work.

i need serious help here!! lol. these texts need to be saved!!!

This is Simplified Chinese Version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i think this might be a bug where when u recieve new sms and want to open smsd it crashes and u will have to open it again.... can u fix that please or don't make it open inbox immediately so it wont crash i have v0.2

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast