Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Agreed, integrating the iChat bubble/conversation style display for this would make it an SMS replacement app for me. Until then, I only open it when I need to forward/write to multiple recipients.
    I agree also.. I find myself going to the apple sms app jus cause im so used to it...But if they were intergrated then there would be no need for me to have both installed... I like the fact that he has implemented the forward to email feature... will there be a way to do a email to sms feature or being able to read emails in the same app like the BBs. Keep up the good work im liking the iphone more n more everyday
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

i have a strange problem since i updated the SMSD to .10, it doesnt start, it just opens a blank page for a while then crashes. Everything else is running smoothly
    any idea anyone?

Default smsd message limit?
    Hi
    I have tried to text multiple recepients with smsd with varying results.
    Is there a limit on how many people you can send a message to?
    I tried to send a message about footie to around 13 people but the sent box only came up that seven had been sent, does the auto lock feature have an effect on this app?
    hope you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by hbelal View Post
    i have a strange problem since i updated the SMSD to .10, it doesnt start, it just opens a blank page for a while then crashes. Everything else is running smoothly
    any idea anyone?
    Indeed I have exactly the same problem. Unable to use SMSD. Opens a blank white screen then crashes back to home page after a few seconds. Anyone who can help please? Thanks.

Default New Beta
    Hello,

Please try out latest beta from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com (0.1-beta).

This has following changes.

* New Feature : Search
    * New Feature : Delete messages from list.
    * Fix : Sync with MobileSMS icon
    * Fix : Fast opening.
    * Fix : Startup crash incase of large number of SMS.

Let me know if this works for you.

And Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

eternal (2007-12-28)

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,
    Tested on fw1.1.1
    * New Feature : Search - Works great for me
    * New Feature : Delete messages from list. - Works although the (-) symbol is on top of the SMS (not really an issue) I actually prefer the SMS to be all aligned to the left.

Issue still persisting:
    When i write a SMS, then click the Home button and then open SMSd again it will go (as expected) to the Compose Screen. But the keyboard doesn't appear until i tap the black area, where the keyboard was supposed to be.

Thanks for this amazing application Amrut.

when this beta in installer?

Quote Originally Posted by juanito979 View Post
    when this beta in installer?
    Its already there.

in the installer the latest version is 0.1, but not this BETA

Smile Two Bugs found
    hey,
    Search feature much better implemented than in isms but it doesn't search in templates folder and I found some bugs in SMSD 0.1 beta-

1. Whenever I delete a message in list view, iphone crashes to home screen.
    2. When I send a message to myself the time shown in the sent is correct but the time of message received in inbox is 5 minutes before the time of the message sent.

Hope it helps you to develop SMSD in a better way.
    thanks
    Last edited by eternal; 2007-12-28 at 09:13 AM.

Wow. I haven't installed the beta yet, but I'm really excited about the Search feature.

Here are my little suggestions.

Agreed, integrating the iChat bubble/conversation style display for this would make it an SMS replacement app for me. Until then, I only open it when I need to forward/write to multiple recipients.
    1. I agree with the quote above. I only use SMSD when I need to forward or send to many. I prefer the bubble conversation style of messaging.

2. I don't get what the arrow beside each message is for. Am I missing something? It just opens the message, right? If so, then maybe instead of putting that, replace with the regular function of "swipe to delete". Less taps.

3. Search contacts when sending message.

4. A Draft folder?

5. Pressing "Send" in the compose window sends right away, just like the stock SMS app. Then just a separate button for "Save As Template".

6. Interface (Inbox, Sent) looks a little cramped. Maybe alot more space for the message then put small date/time on the upper right corner of each?

7. More lines as message preview. Or maybe include an option to show how many lines, just like in Mail.

8. Smaller name. And not too bloody red for unread messages. Haha.

9. And last but not least, emoticons. I hope it's would also be the "standard" style. Like : - ) (without the spaces) for , so it will be recognized by phones with smileys (like Sony Ericson).

Whew! Sorry if I seem demanding. I just love to see how this develops.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default allignment of delete in 0.1 beta
    da minus signs used for deleting messages have been alligned to left . de over lap da msg pliz align dem 2 right

Quote Originally Posted by rumple View Post
    Hello,

Please try out latest beta from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com (0.1-beta).

This has following changes.

* Fix : Sync with MobileSMS icon
    * Fix : Fast opening.
    * Fix : Startup crash incase of large number of SMS.

Let me know if this works for you.

And Happy New Year Everyone!

Thanks,
    -Amrut!
    hey,
    when will you release a stable version with bubble chat and search feature.
    thanks
    Last edited by eternal; 2007-12-28 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

any idea anyone?

any news on that???

Quote Originally Posted by hbelal View Post
    any idea anyone?

any news on that???
    Yup me too. Have written to the developer regarding this crashing but no reply unfortunately. Have posted a few times on this thread and even at another forum but the developer hasnt replied. Oh well. Guess not possible to use this program on my iphone. Pity. :-(

Cheers, Vikas.

Thumbs up Excellent app
    Maybe, emoticons :) and widescreen for the better use keyboard.
    Thanks.

Hi there,

I like to save my important txt messages from friends but i can not create folders to put them into on the iphone....

Can this be a suggestion for the next version.

Thank you

Tippy

Default Latest version
    Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    Yup me too. Have written to the developer regarding this crashing but no reply unfortunately. Have posted a few times on this thread and even at another forum but the developer hasnt replied. Oh well. Guess not possible to use this program on my iphone. Pity. :-(

Cheers, Vikas.
    Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Sometimes my gmail puts these mails in junk and I dont see them. Also, I am pretty busy with SMSD coding and I have full time day job also. I hope you understand that I did not, on purpose, ignore your mails/posts.

Anyway, I have fixed many issues in the betas. Can you try installing latest beta from http://amrut.joshi.googlepages.com and see if it works?

Thanks,
    -Amrut!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rumple For This Useful Post:

grado33 (2008-01-02), vikasmal (2008-01-02)

Hi Amrut

That only means you are a dedicated developert, and we thank you very much for your time spent and work made.

2 Issues still appearing on this beta3
    1st - The incoming balloons are mirrored, the tip should point to the left of the screen.

2nd - In compose screen, if you press the home button, it will come back to the same compose screen BUT the keyboard isn't there, just a black area where the keyboard should automatically appear (once you tap the black area it appears)

Tested on fw 1.1.1
    Thank you

One bug
    When I try to see a conversation with many messages(127) the iphone crash.
    With conversations with less messages, no problem

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast