Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elangok View Post
    Thanks for the nice tip. I wasn't a big SMS user until recently as well. But lately I've been using it a lot. I verified BiteSMS and it does really look very cool. But unfortunately it's largely expensive than my mobile carrier. Without buying credits I couldn't even able to send messages and the cost/sms is 10 cents unless I select to use the carrier instead of the BiteSMS provider.

But with the carrier it looks much better but still doesn't have the forwarding option.

Ok I did assume that you were on AT&T and SMS were included. Sorry about that.
    I uses it with AT&T as default app and as long as I don't go over my 200 messages I pay nothing extra. I rarely go over 200.

So for me it is nice to forward messages and still not pay a thing. iSMS may be the way for you or the new SMS app to come out MySMS (Not free) with landscape. I might check it out. Looks promising.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to qnc For This Useful Post:

elangok (2008-11-13)

I am on AT&T as well and have the 200 messages too for which they charge $5 which is very nice. I didn't see the option to use the "carrier" for sending sms with BiteSMS at first. Then I saw that there was an option to use my 200 limit, but then BiteSMS wasn't doing anything different than what iPhone's proprietary SMS does.

Probably, I might try iSMS tonight and never heard of MySMS - sounds very cool. Thanks again.

Hi

I wish to install SMSD on my iphone 3G, However I am novice PC user (VIsta) Operating System. Please advise where I can get step by step instructions to install SMSD on my Iphone

Thanks in Advance

Kish

Thanks

Please read thread, you can not put SMSD on the 3G iphone. It was made for 1.1.x firmwares. Developer stoped working on it. Try BiteSMS it works very well. There is also iSMS. Just out is mySMS. Try one of those.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patelkish View Post
    Hi

I wish to install SMSD on my iphone 3G, However I am novice PC user (VIsta) Operating System. Please advise where I can get step by step instructions to install SMSD on my Iphone

Thanks in Advance

Kish

Sure....
    In layman terms:
    Step 1. It doesn't work on a 3g iPhone.
    Step 2. your done.

Hope this helped.

Default How can I load SMSD to my iphone??
    Hi,

I am a noobie to ths world of i, I have downloaded SMSD to my mac bt now I'm nt gettin how to load it onto my iphone?? I am using iphone 2G. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxxx View Post
    Hi,

I am a noobie to ths world of i, I have downloaded SMSD to my mac bt now I'm nt gettin how to load it onto my iphone?? I am using iphone 2G. Please help
    What firmware?

Hi,

You downloaded SMSD from the web page that clearly states it's best used on a 1.1.3 firmware (Amrut Joshi - SMSD) and you have a 2.x firmware phone?

Oh oh..my bad!!! can u please suggest sumthin tht works for 2G phone for sms fwd feature?

Firmare 2.0.1
    Last edited by Jinxxx; 2008-12-23 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh oh..my bad!!! can u please suggest sumthin tht works for 2G phone for sms fwd feature?

Firmare 2.0.1
    BiteSMS installable thru Cydia.

BiteSMS has a nice Forwarding feature in case you need to re-send a past message. But, one downfall ...

... a TXT MSG in the native SMS tool on the iPhone will link a phone number to offer to call it for you and a URL to open a web page for you. Both are just text-only in BiteSMS.

I've personally gone back to the standard SMS app because I don't have an issue with using my carrier to send text messages.

Thanks man!! BiteSMS looks good but found iRealSMS also inside Cydia and it looks better..

BiteSMS = Free
    iRealSMS = US$13

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112