Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Beta is working for me too... lucky. coz had problem starting smsd (version 0.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by august77 View Post
    Beta is working for me too... lucky. coz had problem starting smsd (version 0.2.1)
    Anybody satisfied with SMSD?
    I'm still missing functions:
    - archiving/creating subfolders for SMS;
    - details about sender (cannot see sender number when already stored in my contacts).

Regards...

but can any other sms app for the iphone provide even half the features that smsd provides?
    is isms even close to matching the features of smsd?

Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    but can any other sms app for the iphone provide even half the features that smsd provides?
    is isms even close to matching the features of smsd?
    Can you please list the improved features of SMSD in relation to the factory SMS Application on iPhone? I'm just missing it...

iSMS isn't working on my 1.1.4 ZiPhone

Thanks.

Dear Amrut,
    Please tell me how to install the smsd for my 1.1.1 version iphone. I m not very good at computers.Please tell me how to do it step by step.
    Regards
    a.Kaplash

Everytime I try to load "Conversations" my phone crashes...I'm running 1.1.4 on 3.9 BL jailbroke with iLiberty

It will be real nice for you to incorporate signatures...like on WM phones

have v1.1.4 iphone via ZiPhone, and it just keep crashing to springboard no matter what version i use

Quote Originally Posted by jewfromdahood View Post
    have v1.1.4 iphone via ZiPhone, and it just keep crashing to springboard no matter what version i use
    Did you ever try another Jailbreaked OS (like pwnage or others)?
    I'd be curious about that...

This is beyond frustrating!

Both my wife and I have 1.1.4 iPhones unlocked and jailbroken with ZiPhone. This morning, I ran the basic Installer of SMSd and it did not work. I uninstalled it, added the sosiphone.com source, installed the Fr version, rebooted and it works fine on mine.

Tonight I went straight to the Fr version for my wife's iPhone and it didn't work. I tried installing the basic SMSd from Installer, uninstalling, installing SMSd.Fr, rebooting ... nada.

I tried to copy the files with WinSCP and changing the permissions, per Trifster ... nada.

ARrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

Hi anyone know is there a possibility to use SMSD on 2.0 firmware?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We need SMSD for FW2.0 man....pls do quickly...

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL
    The dev stopped working on this app a LONG time ago! Worthless begging or asking for it "quickly"...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Thanks

Question I see that some people have had success and others not so much. I have read all 15 pages.

I have 2.3 beta1 installed on 1.1.3 and have successfully got it to become the default app. Has anyone been able to get the email back up to function correctly? If so what did you do to get it to function?

Now that I have it working on my 1.1.3, I will be trying my 1.1.4 tonight.

I also realized that to run the command /Application/SMSD.app/SMSD.

I had to SSH to the phone and install the original Term-vt100.
    The updated version of Terminal would not work correctly for some reason.
    By original version, I mean the one that had the backspace issues and needed the fix.

Any help on the email issue would be appreciated.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

The email backup works fine on my 1.1.3 but I did not do anything special.

Just follow these instructions - NOTHING ELSE

"1)using WinSCP browse to the Application directory of the iphone and drag from your PC the folder SMSD.app over to the Applications directory then right click the SMSD.app directory in WinSCP choose properties and check the box of the ownergroup permissions

2) take SMSDhelper from the folder MobileSMS.app in your PC and place it in MobileSMS.app directory in the Application root of your iphones

3) from the library folder u have downloaded onto your PC take the folder LaunchDaemons and place it inside the Library directory.

SMSD supports 1.1.3 firmware from v0.2.3beta1. But there are some issues. Since 1.1.3, apps are executed with less privileges. Because of this, apps cannot start Services. SMSD also has an option to make it a default SMS app. This is a hack which also requires higher privileges. In short, SMSD notifier and SMSD default app options will not stick if you are on 1.1.3. But there is a workaround.

This is how you enable SMSD Notifier and SMSD Default App preferences in 1.1.3. You need to run SMSD using ssh or Term-vt100. Run following command on the commandline :

# /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD

This will start SMSD on your iPhone. Go to More->Preferences and change the preference you want. Since this is executed with root permissions, these changes will stick.

You need to restart your phone if you change default app preference."

I hope that help.

Still on 1.1.3 because of this little program :-) When something as good becomes available on 2.0.1 I will upgrade, in the mean time I just sit and wait :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rrsodl For This Useful Post:

elangok (2008-11-13)

Red face SMSD Issue
    If anyone comes from the Windows World it's so hard to jailbreak and install SMSD. There must be some simple step-by-step for the minority windows community here.

Anyway my issue is that I Jailbreaked my 3G 8GB iPhone yesterday and after installing the installer & Cydia I was able to SSH onto my phone and do the necessary steps for getting the SMSD installed. Now there are few problems.

1. After installing, the last step which says # exec SMSD.app on the SMSD folder via SSH does not work. It either waits forever or if I dont use the "#", it just disconnects from SSH saying invalid command.
    2. Then, For a while the SMSD icon did not show up in the home screen (or SpringBoard) and once I refreshed the home screen/SpringBoard via Cydia I was able to see it.
    3. Once I was able to see the SMSD icon, and tried to launch it still opens up a white window and boom it closes itself.
    4. The worst part is the default iPhone's SMS service is gone as well and that does the same thing, it opens and closes right away.

Now I lost any form of SMS in my phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Last edited by elangok; 2008-11-13 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks

SMSD was not written for 2.0 phones. While you may get the icon showing on you springboard. Yu will not be able to run the application.

You have 2 options that I can think of:
    - you can delete the SMSD stufff and try to SSH an original sms app back to your phone for you 3G phone
    - you can perform a restore firmware or maybe a back up and the app will be back no issues.

I personally would choose the restore and the try to restore a back up.
    It is soooo easy now may take some time but it is easy.
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

19. The Following User Says Thank You to qnc For This Useful Post:

elangok (2008-11-13)

Gotcha! Thanks for the update qnc. I was browsing for SMS apps via Cydia and found something called iRealSMS and it is more or less similar to the iPhone's original SMS and need to pay 5 UK pounds.

Probably I will try pushing the original SMS files via SSH or will do a total restore if that doesn't work.

I really didn't know SMSD was not for 2.0 or iPhone 3G. It would be very nice if the current "Conversation" based SMS version on 3G has forwarding the entire conversation option and deleting individual conversation item. Not sure whether anything similar to that is available for 2.0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elangok View Post
    Gotcha! Thanks for the update qnc. I was browsing for SMS apps via Cydia and found something called iRealSMS and it is more or less similar to the iPhone's original SMS and need to pay 5 UK pounds.

Probably I will try pushing the original SMS files via SSH or will do a total restore if that doesn't work.

I really didn't know SMSD was not for 2.0 or iPhone 3G. It would be very nice if the current "Conversation" based SMS version on 3G has forwarding the entire conversation option and deleting individual conversation item. Not sure whether anything similar to that is available for 2.0.
    no problem. It is open source but with all the new SMS Apps out there, I don't think anyone is willing to port this to 2.0.

You can also try BiteSMS. I is in Cydia and FREE all you have to do is flick a switch and it becomes the default app. It also allows you to forward text which stock does not. I'm not a big SMS person so there may be other features that I have may missed.
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

22. The Following User Says Thank You to qnc For This Useful Post:

elangok (2008-11-13)

Thanks for the nice tip. I wasn't a big SMS user until recently as well. But lately I've been using it a lot. I verified BiteSMS and it does really look very cool. But unfortunately it's largely expensive than my mobile carrier. Without buying credits I couldn't even able to send messages and the cost/sms is 10 cents unless I select to use the carrier instead of the BiteSMS provider.

But with the carrier it looks much better but still doesn't have the forwarding option.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast