Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMSD issues/suggestions

Maybe someone should try contact him and check the possibility that someone could take over the development of the application...Ofc, someone with the know how and will to do it

Quote Originally Posted by theplague View Post
    Yes, that's it.

No, it's in english.
    Quote Originally Posted by yohu123 View Post
    @theplague: which version is "SMSD Fr"?
    is it 0.2.3b1 ?
    also, it sounds like the french version of SMSD
    does that mean, that the options displayed in this version of SMSD will be in French?

I just installed it as per your instructions. It turns out to be in FRENCH! but atleast its working... could someone give me a link where I can get a working app but in English please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jajukhan View Post
    I just installed it as per your instructions. It turns out to be in FRENCH! but atleast its working... could someone give me a link where I can get a working app but in English please.

Thanks
    Weird!
    Mine isn't.

also... i cant seem to get it to become the default sms handler... i cant seem to understand anything because the menu is in French :S

Folks,

I followed the instructions to install the 0.2.3Beta1 of SMSD on my 1.1.3 JB iPhone. Info here Amrut Joshi - *SMSD was all i need.

The install instructions.
    1. DL the zip from Amrut's blog
    2. Extract to desktop saving folders
    3. WinSCP. Copy SMSD.app folder to the iphone's /Applications folder
    4. WinSCP. Copy the SMSDhelper file from your computers MobileSMS.app folder into the iphones /Applications/MobileSMS.app folder
    5. WinSCP In /Applications/SMSD.app/SMSD file, right click and choose properties and change permissions to 0755.
    6. Shud Down and turn back on iPhone.

Worked for me. YMMV.

I installed SMSD Fr... as soon as I tap the icon... it goes back to the SpringBoard... any ideas ?

It was working fine before... :S

Quote Originally Posted by jajukhan View Post
    I installed SMSD Fr... as soon as I tap the icon... it goes back to the SpringBoard... any ideas ?

It was working fine before... :S
    Try installing BossPrefs(usable for other reasons) and run "fix user permissions".
    Helps?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to theplague For This Useful Post:

jajukhan (2008-05-20)

@theplaugue

thanks & i have hit thanks as well !

BUT... still cant resolve the issue of making SMSD the default app...downloaded the french version... it works fine but I cant make it the default app... i have even tried to run the app through SSH terminal as suggested by Amrut the developer.

what do u suggest?

is this app still under development? i dont see any update in the past few months neither did i seen him(the author) post in this thread. does anyone know whats going on with regards to the SMSD development?

I'm still having the issue with setting it to default app in firmware 1.1.4.

I've tried the command line method, but the setting still refuses to stick. My permissions are correct.

Anyone have any other method to enable it as the default SMS app?

Quote Originally Posted by alienbreed View Post
    is this app still under development? i dont see any update in the past few months neither did i seen him(the author) post in this thread. does anyone know whats going on with regards to the SMSD development?
    Hy there,
    me asking the same question: any development still going on? Or any other good SMS application that can give us some good tools to handle SMS?

Regards,
    Bonny

iSMS has just been updated once again. It seems better now. It has the option for either conversation window or standard reply box. I personally prefer the reply box at the moment as it has a proper SMS counter. Conversation style sms has no counter.

MAzor

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Try installing BossPrefs(usable for other reasons) and run "fix user permissions".
    Helps?
    How do I do the "fix user permissions" part?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by MattMac View Post
    How do I do the "fix user permissions" part?
    Click "More" and the click the "fix user permissions"-button.

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    iSMS has just been updated once again. It seems better now. It has the option for either conversation window or standard reply box. I personally prefer the reply box at the moment as it has a proper SMS counter. Conversation style sms has no counter.

MAzor
    I'll be trying this out, too... still seeking some sort of "Archiving" for SMS: anybody thinks this could be achieved on iPhone?

Thanks,
    Bonny.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Click "More" and the click the "fix user permissions"-button.
    Didn't work...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Default archive help
    ust installed SMSD 0.2.3 beta1b. Seems to work fine. Love forwarding texts. When I select e-mail to archive, It sends an e-mail but the e-mail seems empty with no archive. Am I doing something wrong. I'm using 1.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    ust installed SMSD 0.2.3 beta1b. Seems to work fine. Love forwarding texts. When I select e-mail to archive, It sends an e-mail but the e-mail seems empty with no archive. Am I doing something wrong. I'm using 1.1.4
    It works fine for me

I apologize folks, but I just trying to figure this whole iphone thing out. I installed the program from installer, but it just opens and then closes within 2 seconds. I've read other people having this problem and I've read the solutions but I don't understand them at all. I don't know where to find my iphone directory or anything. Do I need to use the computer or the phone? I have version 1.1.4 and I'm using a mac computer.

Thanks

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
    I apologize folks, but I just trying to figure this whole iphone thing out. I installed the program from installer, but it just opens and then closes within 2 seconds. I've read other people having this problem and I've read the solutions but I don't understand them at all. I don't know where to find my iphone directory or anything. Do I need to use the computer or the phone? I have version 1.1.4 and I'm using a mac computer.

Thanks

Andy
    Hi, lets see if I can point you in the right direction

I don't think the version you can install through installer is the latest one. You need to get the latest version (2.3 beta ) I think, from another place. I seem to remember that at the beginning of this thread there was a link to download the latest version of SMSD. Once you download it onto your computer you need to follow the instructions I wrote in a previous post, to connect your computer to the iphone via WinSCP and copy the files from your computer onto your phone. Finally, you need to run a command through VT100 ( an iphone application) to set the SMSD' settings, ie default sms application.

Hopefully that clarifies the process a bit more

Rick

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast