Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Deleted \Applications Symlink, How Do I Make Another?

Unhappy Deleted \Applications Symlink, How Do I Make Another?
    Do I need the Terminal app to do this? My iPod Touch still works, but my Categories folders do not. Does anyone at least know how I can still access the apps in the Categories folders and install Terminal so I can remake the Applications symlink? I am on FW 1.1.4 Ziphone jailbroken, with PureFTP'd running and WinSCP to access it.

Okay, just rebooted, my iPod now hangs at the apple logo, but I can SSH in. How do I create a symlink on Windows?
    Last edited by Dagwaging; 2008-07-06 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Update

Made the mistake of deleting my Applications link (symlink) also. Where was this link to? Now missing all default / stock APPs. Know how to create a symlink, just need to know where to link to.

If you managed to have SSH turned on before this happened, you should be able to SSH in and run this:

Code:
    ln /var/stash/Applications /Applications

I solved my issue. Here's the story.

I foolishly deleted the Applications link on my iTouch 2G (jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4). My cracked APPs were fine; all of the stock APPs (Notes, Safari, Clock, etc.) were gone. Could SSH in via Terminal. Just needed to know where to create a link to. Symlinks created via "ln -s" are NOT folder links like the ones already present (e.g. etc, var, temp). Here is the solution. Type it exactly, including the LACK of a "/" in front of "private"

ln -sn private/var/stash/Applications.pwn /Applications

*IF* the folder in /private/var/stash is named something other than "Applications.pwn" (e.g. "Applications") then accordingly replace that part of the string.

This returned my iTouch to normal, but the layout of my Springboard icons was totally scrambled. Better than a restore / re-jailbreak.