Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The App Store For new Iphone 3G?

Default The App Store For new Iphone 3G?
    I have the old Iphone. It's hacked and has about 5 or 6 pages of Apps, just all put into Vista folders. Anyways I would still rather have My Iphone I have now since it's more proned to hacking, but the new Iphone has a new feature aclled the "App Store". Now I have the Iphone 2G. I know for people who had the 1G they were able to download the new upgrades that came with the new 2G onto their 1G.

Basically what I'm asking is when the 3G Iphone comes out will their be a new update for a download of the "App Store"? If so I'll just download the leaked version of App Store on a Pandora website.

yes. you will be asked to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware. Since you are jailbroken, you would have to restore to 2.0 and then you will have the App store

Well thats not a problem, but another question. Would their be a way to read the sources on my source page in Installer so I could record them for when I re install the Installer?

short answer is yes.
    there is no 1G phone, the "2G" and "3G" are referring to the data speed 2G= Edge 3G= faster then edge
    Technically the "new" phone released in about a week will be the 2(second) generation phone. I think this is what you are really referring to.

Next week when the phone is released the new firm ware will also be released. this will allow you to update your phone and add the app store to it, along with the other new features of the new firmware. (except the 3G speeds as that is a hardware issue)

Let me warn you however that IF you upgrade right away you will lose all of your mods that you have done to your phone. WAIT until it is posted on this web site that the new firmware has been jailbroken, THEN I would wait even a little wile longer until there is a reliable and proven method to jailbreak and unlock if that is what you want.

Hope this helps and clears thinks up a little

Quote Originally Posted by tidoxp View Post
    Well thats not a problem, but another question. Would their be a way to read the sources on my source page in Installer so I could record them for when I re install the Installer?
    Yes I go to sources in the lower right hand part of the installer app then just copy them from there. I also go to uninstall and write down everything I have installed onto my phone as well
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-07-04 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds good, I'll wait. I'm getting a PSP soon, which I will hack, so I can wait for the Iphone firmware release on this site with the occupation of the PSP.

for future reference go to var/mobile/library/installer and save the PackageSources.plist and then just re-upload it after a restore and all your sources will be there...that is assuming you know how to ssh, but that's childs play.

and also for future reference, wrong forum section.

Yes I know how to, I have a Winscp port. But I'll just wait for the release here, considering that it'll be free and not erase everything I haev on my Iphone. I never go on this site, so I didn't know really where to post it.

Yeah, the older model's I heard are ridiculously easy to hack. But you have to actually open the battery up to hack it, so it's a bit different. But it doesn't seem hard at all.
    Last edited by tidoxp; 2008-07-04 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by tidoxp View Post
    Yes I know how to, I have a Winscp port. But I'll just wait for the release here, considering that it'll be free and not erase everything I haev on my Iphone. I never go on this site, so I didn't know really where to post it.

Yeah, the older model's I heard are ridiculously easy to hack. But you have to actually open the battery up to hack it, so it's a bit different. But it doesn't seem hard at all.

If you are referring to the fat psp, you don't have to open the battery up. I've had mine for a couple years now and have never once touched my battery. Do some research and you'll find that you can load custom firmware without anything more than having lumines/gta and some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Yes I go to sources in the lower right hand part of the installer app then just copy them from there. I also go to uninstall and write down everything I have installed onto my phone as well
    I think there is a better, more automated way of having all your stuff back after a restore in a jailbroken phone. There is an app called iBares, previously called iBackup, that lets you backup your data and reinstall the data after a restore, even when you 'upgrade' from one firmware to another.

Go to iBaReS | Google Groups
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Pspmod.com is an amazing PSP hacking community forum. You may as well go with the Slim now, the only advantage to having a Phat is the ability to run the 1.5 kernal which really isn't necessary anymore.