Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You CAN get more than 16 apps

Default You CAN get more than 16 apps
    I had seen in forums people saying that you cannot have more than 16 app icons on the Springboard. However, I have 30 apps without using any launcher apps. When you go over 16 apps the next ones automatically go on another page . There are two dots appear under the icons on the Springboard and you can swipe your finger to the left to move to the next page.

MH

springboard 1.1.1 and up support more than 16.
    before that , you needed to install summerboard.

all old news!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakecigar View Post
    springboard 1.1.1 and up support more than 16.
    before that , you needed to install summerboard.

all old news!
    May be old news to you but as you can tell he is a newbie!

Word, and an extra thread that newbies can read when searching is always nice. This answers someones question, and in that sense very useful.
    2.2 pwned!!

And if the newbie would have used the search feature, we could have all saved a few minutes reading and replying to his craptacularly old news discovery.
    Search NAZI

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    And if the newbie would have used the search feature, we could have all saved a few minutes reading and replying to his craptacularly old news discovery.
    No one forced you to type that out or read this thread. You were only forced to read the title which shows up in the topic list.

Quote Originally Posted by runningwild View Post
    No one forced you to type that out or read this thread. You were only forced to read the title which shows up in the topic list.
    Agreed.
    2.2 pwned!!

As far as I know, the native unmodified 1.1.1 springboard does not support over 16 applications. That said, when you jailbreakme.com your 1.1.1 phone, the springboard application is patched to support it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    As far as I know, the native unmodified 1.1.1 springboard does not support over 16 applications. That said, when you jailbreakme.com your 1.1.1 phone, the springboard application is patched to support it.
    Correct. The 1.1.1 SpringBoard supports no more than the 13 stock apps; it has to be patched to support 3rd party apps and the side-scrolling feature.

Yeah it was old news, but no big deal.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2007-12-18 at 11:35 PM.