Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16+ Icons - please help guys!

Default 16+ Icons - please help guys!
    Hi,

Im sorry to bother everyone but just have a quick question - ive done a lot of iphone app reading but cant seem to find an answer anywhere..

basically all im wanting is to have two screens of iphone applications which i can slide between. Ill probably have the stock icons on page 1 and 3rd party apps on the 2nd page..

I guess my question is really - can I do this without installing Summerboard.. im not wanting to install any custom themes or anything and I dont like the instability reports of Summerboard.. Does anyone know if this can be done? Ive seen screenshots on this forum of iphones showing the two dots at the bottom to switch screens and no "SMBPrefs" isntalled. Do these dots automatically appear if more than 16 apps are present?

I hope this all makes sense, and that someone can get back to me.

That would be great.. Thanks for your time

you are correct, the dots appear when you have > 16 icons. but i think during the hacking process, the springboard was patched (if i am not mistaken; correct me if i am wrong about the patching)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

They still may have Summerboard installed, but with SMBPrefs hidden... As far as I know Summberboard or iSwitcher is the way to go for multiple screens on the iPhone.

As far as instabillity in SummerBoard... SummerBoard is probably the most stable app I have used yet on the iPhone. Not sure as to what you read, but SummerBoard is by far the way to go. And you my think you dont want to install themes... NOW!... but give it 3 more days... You'll be downloading every theme available... You will get hooked just like everyone else.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

hey guys.. gamezz and SiLeNtKiLLa i have to thank you both for such sppedy replies..

I was thinking that they might have SMBPrefs hidden SiLeNtKiLLa, but i did not see a Customize icon either to let them hide it.. also i found this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8ttHCiWE8&feature=related"]YouTube - iPhone 1.1.1 Hacked w/ Stock Screen[/ame]

can anyone confirm/deny what gamezzis saying, that the dots auto-appear once you have more than 16 apps on the phone?? this would be my perfect solution to be honest, I really dont want themes you see..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

can anyone confirm/deny what gamezzis saying, that the dots auto-appear once you have more than 16 apps on the phone?? this would be my perfect solution to be honest, I really dont want themes you see..
    confirmed
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardfong View Post
    hey guys.. gamezz and SiLeNtKiLLa i have to thank you both for such sppedy replies..

I was thinking that they might have SMBPrefs hidden SiLeNtKiLLa, but i did not see a Customize icon either to let them hide it.. also i found this video

Why not just load up a bunch of apps and see what happens? Be sure to install Dock first just in case Installer gets pushed out by mistake.

Before SummerBoard was ported to 1.1.1, the SpringBoard patch was used to enable >16 apps. The earlier jailbreak methods installed this automatically. AppSnap also lists patching SpringBoard as one of its features.

Also, SummerBoard is stable as long as the Dim Wallpaper option is turned off.
    Last edited by NetMage; 2007-12-14 at 03:41 PM.

I thoroughly agree with everything he^ said.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Also, SummerBoard is stable as long as the Dim Wallpaper option is turned off.
    Not true. Summerboard crashed my phone all day long with Dim ON or with Dim OFF.

I don't have summerboard installed, just a jailbreaked 1.1.1 now (w/ automatic springboard patch), with 3 pages of icons.

Yea, the easiest way would just be to download, then hide Summerboard...

I Have A Stupid Situation Going On Thanx To The Green Smoking.
    I Just Went On Customize And Went Under Hiding Icons And I Went
    And Hid All My 3rd Party Apps. Lol Now How The Hell Do I See Them Again?
    Now Somebody Please Please Help Me...thanx

Do you have Dock? If not, install it with WinSCP or something, and install Dock and then use that to bring up Customize...

Or install XLauncher to unhide Customize.