Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i accidentally hid all my icons with customize

Default i accidentally hid all my icons with customize
    i was playning with the customize and i hid all my icons. how do i get back in and get te icons to come up.

hahahah I did the same thing, on the second day i got my iphone... hahahah...
    so here is wat i did: i made customize appear on the dock. (assuming you still have your dock)
    I did this on 1.1.1, so to get customize on the dock, you have to edit 2 files. M68AP.plist and N45AP.plist in folder /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

in both files, copy the customize icon xml tag to the dock section (one with phone, safari etc) and then restart. do this for both files... let me know if u have any problems...
    again, i did this on 1.1.1

i found the 2 files but were exactly do i put them?
    please give me a specific folder..

i copy the whole file right?

Default Fix works
    I can confirm this fix works..I accidentally hid all my icons as well. the above fix worked like a charm.

If i recall (was a long time ago) but dont quote me, I just deleted those files and restarted--worked. You can search the forum more. There are other threads with this subject

EDIT: here is the thread where I found my solution http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....ht=M68AP.plist
    Last edited by dgtldre; 2007-12-14 at 10:18 PM.

sry should have been more clear. U don't copy the files anywhere ... U modify the file content. Find the customize XML tag in the file and copy the tag in the dock section of the same file. Let me know if u can do it else I will attach my file... Kinda typing this msg on my iphone.