Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stacks Editing Question

Default Stacks Editing Question
    So basically I installed Stacks by adding the following source:
    http://mobilestack.googlecode.com/sv...internal.plist in my Installer repository.

The latest build allows you to chose which applications you want in your Stacks Grid View. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's compatible with Customize 1.17+ so you have to reorder the icons yourself.

According to this link: http://code.google.com/p/mobilestack/wiki/FAQ they tell you to add
    Code:
            < dict>
                    < key>ID< /key>
                    < string>com.apple.MobileStore< /string>
                    < key>IconPath< /key>
                    < string>/Applications/MobileStore.app/icon.png< /string>
            < /dict>
    for each separate application you want to add. Unfortunatly, I want to put my games in my Stacks Grid View and my games don't have .plists in ~/Library/Preferences/ but rather for example in Applications/BlockPuzzle.app/Info.plist

So my question is, if the plist is not in the ~/Library/Preferences/ directory, what do I have to add between the two < string>< /string> in order to make it work?

Thanks a lot for the help!

By the way I tried placing for example "Applications/BlockPuzzle.app/Info" between the two < string>< /string> files but it didn't work out.
    Last edited by IvanB; 2007-12-13 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

if you actually OPEN the info.plist inside the app, the info you're looking for is located there, they're not all under preferences

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mooseman For This Useful Post:

IvanB (2007-12-13)

Oh I see. Thank you so much.

Another question: I want to change the Stack's application icon on the Dock to just one .png picture that would represent the application, 'cause I hate how it piles up the icons from all the applications in the Grid View. Is there anyway I can do that? I explored the files and I saw that the icon.png for Stacks.app is a transparent .png, which means that there is probably a code line somewhere in some file that tells the application to stack all the applications' pictures as the Stacks' dock icon.

Do you know where I can find that code line, if I can delete it and just replace the transparent .png with my own icon. Thanks.
    Last edited by IvanB; 2007-12-13 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think you can just change it to one icon, but I may be wrong... The icon that does appear though is the 3rd App on your grid... So say you wanted NES to show up, you would just put that as your 3rd App and wala! you will have nes icon for stack...

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    I don't think you can just change it to one icon, but I may be wrong... The icon that does appear though is the 3rd App on your grid... So say you wanted NES to show up, you would just put that as your 3rd App and wala! you will have nes icon for stack...
    Problem is that I have like 10 applications in my stacks, not only one, so I see 10 images stacked on top of one another and it's not very slick

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Oh I see. Thank you so much.

Another question: I want to change the Stack's application icon on the Dock to just one .png picture that would represent the application, 'cause I hate how it piles up the icons from all the applications in the Grid View. Is there anyway I can do that? I explored the files and I saw that the icon.png for Stacks.app is a transparent .png, which means that there is probably a code line somewhere in some file that tells the application to stack all the applications' pictures as the Stacks' dock icon.

Do you know where I can find that code line, if I can delete it and just replace the transparent .png with my own icon. Thanks.
    I wrote the author about that, he said he'll consider putting that option in the next version.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I know this is like an old topic, but I think the stacks "icon" is actually mended to the wallpaper, or an image that sits on the wallpaper, because if you go into a Categories you made, and have it set to display your wallpaper the Stack "icon" will appear, but you cannot access the application itself, Meaning that the actual icon is transparent, and then has the "icon" generated and mended to the wallpaper somehow, set to apear above icons, but below any 3rd party apps that show up on the springboard (Any user-created category, View in screenshot)