Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tom Tom soon!

There is no GPS on the phone itself. GPS is a part hardware and part software as far as i know, so the first Generation phone won't have it.

i read about this earlier today. i really hope it happens! it'd be a great addition!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    There is no GPS on the phone itself. GPS is a part hardware and part software as far as i know, so the first Generation phone won't have it.
    Did you bother reading the link?

It appears to have a unit that plugs into the iPhone and the software I'm sure will come with it was a package once the SDK is out.

So yes, if they really are making it it will be on the current gen iPhone.

Sounds like it would be easier to sell our gen1 phone and get the gen2 phoe unless the gps plugin is well under $100

I wonder if the iPhone can be paired up to a Bluetooth GPS receiver and run Tom Tom software?

Quote Originally Posted by dadaman View Post
    I wonder if the iPhone can be paired up to a Bluetooth GPS receiver and run Tom Tom software?
    This sounds feasible to me. Although, I have to admit that I didn't even know there were bluetooth GPS recievers

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    I hope you saw the follow-up, too, exposing the fake.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrism238 View Post
    I hope you saw the follow-up, too, exposing the fake.
    That's debunking the module, which I can see since it wouldn't serve a purpose. TomTom carries their own line of wireless GPS Adapters (which I use on my treo). Why make a module just for the iPhone.

I have no doubt it will be able to pair with the iPhone through Bluetooth however. I'm psyched.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.