Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize (System Sounds)

Default Customize (System Sounds)
    My Customize - System Sounds - SMS Received Sound do not work.
    It just go to my blank wallpaper i.e no sound to choose (unlike Unlock Sound, Lock Sound etc.)

Anyone has ideas what going on?
    I had uninstall and install customize a few times but still the same.

Thanks for help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alv_1976 View Post
    My Customize - System Sounds - SMS Received Sound do not work.
    It just go to my blank wallpaper i.e no sound to choose (unlike Unlock Sound, Lock Sound etc.)

Anyone has ideas what going on?
    I had uninstall and install customize a few times but still the same.

Thanks for help.

If you are using 1.1.1, which I suspect you are, Customize can not alter the SMS sounds. You see they are now named sms-received1-6 so it tries to replace a file that doesn't exist. You can replace these yourself using a file browser or SSH program.

Make yourself a caf file that you'd like to use then name it sms-received#.caf. Replace the pound symbol with a number corresponding to the list of stock SMS tones, 1-6.

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and drop the file there. It will ask you if you want to replace a file, click yes. I would recommend backing up the stock file just in case you ever decide to put it back in place for some reason.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wastegate13 For This Useful Post:

alv_1976 (2007-12-12)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I noticed this too, after updating yesterday to 1.20. Prior to updating, having 1.19 installed I was able to to have the British lady voice say "Incoming text message alert...." it worked perfectly fine. And I'm running 1.1.1

Cuztomize hasn't changed my SMS sound since 1.0.2...

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    I noticed this too, after updating yesterday to 1.20. Prior to updating, having 1.19 installed I was able to to have the British lady voice say "Incoming text message alert...." it worked perfectly fine. And I'm running 1.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastegate13 View Post
    If you are using 1.1.1, which I suspect you are, Customize can not alter the SMS sounds. You see they are now named sms-received1-6 so it tries to replace a file that doesn't exist. You can replace these yourself using a file browser or SSH program.

Make yourself a caf file that you'd like to use then name it sms-received#.caf. Replace the pound symbol with a number corresponding to the list of stock SMS tones, 1-6.

Navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds and drop the file there. It will ask you if you want to replace a file, click yes. I would recommend backing up the stock file just in case you ever decide to put it back in place for some reason.
    Thanks for the explanation. Yes, I'm on 1.1.1. Do you mean I can, at the most, only have six custom sms thru SSH? can I name sms-received7 etc?

Interestingly:
    Previous version before 1.19, I notice that if I'm in the sms page and if a person sms me, I can have the custom sound I choose in customise. otherwise it will be the default ring tone I choose in the preference.

Anyway, guess I have to live with it. Thank a lot again

how do u convert a file to the .caf format?

simply rename the file name to xxx.caf

To fix the bug in customize just follow these steps....

http://code.google.com/p/customize/issues/detail?id=226

I had a problem with my sounds, and it turned out to be dirt in my headphone jack.. Blow really hard in there and see if it fixes it.. To see if this is the problem put your headphones in and see if the sounds work then...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lestah View Post
    To fix the bug in customize just follow these steps....

http://code.google.com/p/customize/issues/detail?id=226
    Just tried it... now waiting to see if it works. Thanks for pointing me to the link...