Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Apps Keep Crashing...

Default All Apps Keep Crashing...
    Hey can anyone tell me why my iphone (jailbreaked, modded) keeps crashing out of every program i use. Every time i open any application, including the apps like SMS or phone etc. (all of them) the program (app) crashes untill the apple circular thinking symbol comes on, it kicks my phone back out to the locked position where i have to enter my passcode, then slide...then programs work again nomally,...once the iphone sleeps it will crash out again in that same order.... anyone know what is causing this????

Similar problem that annoys the crap out of me.

have you tried resetting the iphone in itunes? I havent done that yet, but im about to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Having the same problem. I have a 1.1.1 unlocked modded to death......I never thought about that it is mainly after it has been in locked or sleep mode for a while. Normally I have to restart it or if I'm lucky I can get the summerboard long enough to reset the springboard and then it works for a while. Then the same thing all over again.

Any help would be appreciated.

DO YOU HAVE CUSTOMIZE INSTALLED? If so, your problem is likely that you have the 'Dim Wallpaper' option enabled. This contains some sort of memory leak and you will find your apps crashing more often than George W Bush finds himself in the midst of new scandal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to myboot For This Useful Post:

DCSwagger (2007-12-11)

Quote Originally Posted by myboot View Post
    DO YOU HAVE CUSTOMIZE INSTALLED? If so, your problem is likely that you have the 'Dim Wallpaper' option enabled. This contains some sort of memory leak and you will find your apps crashing more often than George W Bush finds himself in the midst of new scandal.
    Lol. Thanks. Tried it and so far so good.

Btw: I believe the "Dim Wallpaper" option is under SMBPrefs for SummerBoard.

It's always good to restore at least one time after jailbraking and experimenting for the first time. Theres always that chance that you installed some crap you shouldn't have or have a bunch of crap you don't need, like i did.

Quote Originally Posted by runningwild View Post
    It's always good to restore at least one time after jailbraking and experimenting for the first time. Theres always that chance that you installed some crap you shouldn't have or have a bunch of crap you don't need, like i did.
    Hmm. I just updated and unlocked my 1.1.2 last week. What type of "crap" should I not install?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCSwagger View Post
    Lol. Thanks. Tried it and so far so good.

Btw: I believe the "Dim Wallpaper" option is under SMBPrefs for SummerBoard.
    Yah this will most likely fix the issue.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

A bit off topic but Kudos to pf for the Contra cheat. Oh the memories...

i had a wallpaper on but, after i turned that option off in summerboard. my apps haven't crashed since.

Could it be anything else?

Currently on v1.1.1, Baseband 04.01.13_G, jailbroken and unlocked via AnySIM. "Dim Wallpaper" is disabled!

A freeze and restart occurs when I'm in standby mode (black screen) and click on either the power button or home button to take it out of standby mode. I get a pale yellow screen with vertical lines for a few seconds, then the Apple logo is displayed. After about 20 seconds the "Slide to unlock" screen is displayed and I can use the phone as normal.

It is interesting to note that this happens after 30 seconds of putting it in standby. If I press any of the buttons within 30 seconds of putting it in standby, I get to the "Slide to unlock" screen successfully and the phone works fine. Also, I do not experience the freezing issue if I keep the phone plugged into the charger.

The phone was absolutely fine until I was connecting it to car head units at a shop - could that have caused files to have got corrupted somehow?

I have put the phone in DFU mode and restored to v1.1.1 and it is still having problems.

I'm well and truly confused by this one, and all searches I've tried have yielded no results. Anyone able to point me in the direction of someone who has the same problem/a solution, or is this iPhone semi-bricked?

Please help!

Kev