Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Main script execution failed!

Default Main script execution failed!
    Having difficult time doing installing apps, trying to add 4 apps but all come up Main script execution failed!. a while ago i just upgraded 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and now this happens anyone help me please
    app trying to install
    iphysics
    scummvm
    pxl
    tiff exploit

Default Main script execution failed!
    i am getting this error also but when i try to uninstall a source from the uninstall tab. i installed "bigboss's community source" and when i click uninstall it gives this error "Main script execution failed!" .
    could someone pls tell me how to remove this source from the uninstall list
    i am on fw1.1.2
    thanks
    Last edited by merc06; 2007-12-11 at 03:46 AM.

Not only that, i did search alot area and none actually solved. Only this happen 1.1.1 =/

i just found out a problem
    installed apollo 1.0.2 which made aything i install not allowed

solved ^^
    Last edited by shizumi; 2007-12-11 at 03:34 AM.

what i did to remove the source from my uninstall list was open up localpackages.plist and then deleted the part with the bigboss's stuff and then restarted the phone and it was gone. i am not sure if that is the right way to do and if that removes everything.
    let me know if i have done the right thing
    thanks

Default Sorry guys
    I had the same problem with every single app i tried to install and uninstall and after endless searching came to the sad realization that no one could help me, apparently no one seems to know exactly what goes wrong or how to fix it, the only thing i could do was to restore and jailbreak again which i did and fixed the problem, now running smooth no probs sorry again bye

Sigh...

i am getting this error also but when i try to uninstall a source from the uninstall tab. i installed "bigboss's community source" and when i click uninstall it gives this error "Main script execution failed!" .
    could someone pls tell me how to remove this source from the uninstall list
    i am on fw1.1.2
    All you had to do is click the sources tab, click edit, and remove the source(s) you dont want.

I had the same problem with every single app i tried to install and uninstall and after endless searching came to the sad realization that no one could help me,
    No offense, but you must be the worst "searcher" in the world. There are at least 15 threads on this topic already. Start here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...tool+installer

You guys are probably out of hard disk space. Read the thread.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Default solved. for me atleast.
    I had the same problem with pocket guitar, and figured out that it was because i had BSD Lite installed. I uninstalled the lite version and installed the normal 6megabyte version.! hope this helps!

that happens to me alot but sometimes it downloads but right before it finishes it goes back to springboard/desktop it is really starting to piss me off

i really need help ive looked everywere
    please help!!!!!!!