Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crashing to Home - Sometimes - Play Icon Visible

Default Crashing to Home - Sometimes - Play Icon Visible
    Hey everyone,

The other day I installed a slew of software from Installer.app too many to narrow down what initiated the problem.

What happened was that after a while my iphone started crashing after taping on a program... by crash i mean the app would open briefly and crash to the home screen. I noticed that the PLAY icon would be on the status bar and would not go away even if I had not been playing anything. Upon reboot everything functioned normally for a short while before the problem repeated.

I uninstalled everything I had installed but it still continued.

Since then I have re-installed much of what I had installed and uninstalled. I also applied what updates were available. So far so good as I have had no crashes.

Among what I installed and reinstalled were Boss Tool, Boss Prefs, a ton of iphysics levels.

I had installed stack but did not reinstall it.

I am writing this post just to inform and maybe to be informed if anyone knows of this bug in case it shows up again.

I am using an unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone.

I just found out that unfortunately I am still experiencing this problem, however all I need to do to correct it is go back to the lock screen and then go back to what i want to do. If anyone has any clue what is going on please let me know.
    Last edited by mcumbo; 2007-12-11 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same exact problem... I cant figure it out...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Having the same problem...posted in other thread. Seems like this is starting to be and ongoing problem. A Fix would be nice.

I'm getting a little frustrated with this one, I may just restore (AGAIN!)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Make sure you have the Dim Wallpaper option set to OFF in SMB Prefs.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

mcumbo (2007-12-13)

really? nice, Ill try that. i thought it was customize that was causing the trouble. the same wierdness happens to my phone. everything runs so smooth and tight w/ out customize installed...but i really want customize though...ill try the dim wallpaper off trick, and see whats what. thanks for the tip!

Setting the Dim Wallpaper to OFF works... good show.

OMG thanks so much, Dim Wallpaper off fixed it for me too!

It's only a temp fix, my dim wallpaper has been off since i installed summerboard. It only happens to me occasionally, i can just live it. Don't feel like restoring.