Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kate v1.3.1v2

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Kate v1.3.1v2
    Hey the new version of Kate got released today.....but it wont change anything?? I hit apply everything, restarted my iPhone, and nothing. Tried that about 3 times and still nothing
    iLive an iLife

Did you go to Settings -> ripdev ->
    and then tweak the options you want?

Thanks

That doesnt even show up
    iLive an iLife

ya i have the same problem. i have siphon installed which adds a category in the settings. maybe that spot is needed for the Kate settings. maybe it cant add it to the list. ill try it out.

I had the problem with 1.3.1 but now with v2 it's fixed.
    Maybe you should contact ripdev on support AT ripdev DOT com.
    They'll fix it I'm sure. It could be Siphon, coz I have it as well. But anyway, it should show up in another block under where Siphon is, not in the same place. So it should be something else.

ya i uninstalled siphon and it still didnt work. i dunno whats up with it.

Its customize that was causing the same issue on my phone. What happens is that customize overwrites a couple plist files every time you boot your phone, so anything you may be adding to those files is virtually useless. Uninstalling doesn't do the trick either, it still overwrites files. I just made a backup of stuff and restored it fresh. It works fine now*.

*now meaning as in I found out that you have to use bosstool before installing kate or it will kill your phone. I actually restored 3 times because the first time I wasn't sure what happened but it died after using bosstool after kate, the second time was a test so I knew that was what happened, and the 3rd I did bosstool first and it works fine.

what does kate do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

I fixed this by uninstalling everything that involved kate then reinstalling the new version.

Thanks

Kate wont even add stuff to my settings, do i need to restore?
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

No dont restore, have kate uninstall everything, then reinstall kate version 1.3 then update back to 1.3.1 - that fixed it for me, if you need a repo for kate 1.3 pm me

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (2008-06-27), sn0wballz (2008-07-18)

could you help me igotheritetemp? i just bought the unlimited subscription for kate ($45). i'm on 1.1.4, i restarted my phone, and i don't even have the ripdev added to my settings. can anyone help? i really don't want to restore since i just did yesterday.