Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: how to download and import songs to itunes library using islsk and safari down

Default Guide: how to download and import songs to itunes library using islsk and safari down
    full title should be: Guide: how to download and import songs to itunes library using islsk and safari download plugin

sorry i didn't realize it cut off part of my title

note: this guide is for firmware 1.1.4, not tested on other firmwares !!

programs required:

1.iSlsk----- repo: http://iphone.sleepers.net/repo.xml

2.Winscp ---- WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

3. putty ------ PuTTY Download Page

4. safaridl plugin

5. seeqpod or seeqpod.app ----- SeeqPod Playable Search - Find. Discover. Watch. Listen. Share. or seeqpod.app download

First, Install islsk and the safaridl plugin on your iphone using installer.

Next you need an SSH program, i use Winscp, with the SSH program you need the ability to execute command prompts, in winscp use putty, or if you prefer install terminal and use that to exectue the command.

Now SSH into your phone and look for "private/var/root" in here there should be a "Downloads" folder, delete it, make sure you delete this one and not the one in "private/var/mobile/Media"

Once you've done this open up putty in winscp( its located at the very top, right on top of the word "Session" and right next to a black box that says "HOM" it looks like two small computers)
    and type in the password "alpine"
    don't panic when you type and the password doesnt seem to show up, putty does this on purpose, just make sure you type it correctly and hit enter

a new line saying your last login should show up, folled by a line that stars with a "#"

now you can type in the command "ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/Downloads /private/var/root" type that line in without the quotes and its case-sensitive

now just go to seeqpod.com, search for a song and once you get to the download page hit download, if you get a "download failed, cannot save.." message you messed up, start over; if it downloads go to iSlsk and look under the import section, if the song is there, congrats you did it right !! now just import the song, look for it in your library and enjoy !!

i made this guide based on someone elses guide, he's was on a different firmware i believe, his is more detailed, all the credit goes to him, mister "fresh2death"

here's the link to his blog and his tutorial: http://downloadmyiphone.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by colmiak; 2008-06-26 at 06:51 AM.