Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Customize

Default Problem with Customize
    So I'm new with the iPhone and succesfully unlocked and jailbroke it today. I downloaded the program customize and got the theme MaximusVista (or VistaMaximus). After applying it, I decided that I didn't like it... So, I pressed the option to revert back to the original theme (nothing-- known as the back up option). After doing so, the theme dissapeared but, when I lock my iPhone the screen that asks for your password is still what the theme used to have (that's my problem). I tried several times reverting back to original themes, and at this point I've uninstalled customize all together. How do I get rid of the themes all together?
    -Matt

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

All you have to do is change the wallpaper in settings.
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!

That didn't work for me. Where it says enter passcode and has 4 blank boxes, there's a background of an iPod touch with a vista looking background... Nothing seems to work

Anyone know how to fix this-- I'm flipping out.
    Last edited by gibbs0828; 2008-06-26 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

go to Customize, search for the theme name.. tap "Uninstall"

Already tried that.

Even when I tried downloading a new theme and applying it that screen is still there when it asks me my password. I don't know if this has any relation but when I make a call that screen is also in the background!

Again its the screen from the vista maximus theme that mimics the sign-in page on Vista
    Last edited by gibbs0828; 2008-06-26 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

SSH into phone and go to /private/var/mobile/library folder and you should see a lockbackground.jpg file...just delete it and then set your new wallpaper like normal.

How do I SSH into the phone? What programs do I need...
    Sorry I'm new with this
    Matt

Any help would be much appreciated!

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out! Worked perfectly. Thanks so much
    Last edited by gibbs0828; 2008-06-26 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Customize has a real problem with unapplying themes. It literally sometimes doesn't unapply squat. Recently I changed my theme and tried to revert. Only reverted items were icons everything else was still the old theme. END RANT