Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stacks is killing my iPhone again!

Unhappy Stacks is killing my iPhone again!
    For christs sake, who ever makes this app, is insane....

I decided to give stacks other try after I restored the last time.
    So far, so good... I worked.... Untill now.
    Restarted my phone, all hell broke loose once again, phone wouldn't turn off.... NO APPS WORK AT ALL! And stacks doesn't show on the phone......
    I REALLY do not want to restore this time.....
    Here is a picture of how the phone doesn't turn off.....

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Last edited by Kylecchh; 2007-12-08 at 06:26 PM.

That photo is REALLY grainy... So it is very hard to see what is happening, though it appears that it is at the lock screen? I don't understand? Have you tried holding the home and power button until the unit shuts off? (That will do an automatic power cut after like 30 seconds.)

Sorry for the bad photo, but this is what happens when I press the sleep/wake botton.. The screen doesn't turn off to a back screen. It dims the screen and goes to the lock screen it is the most f*cking oddest thing I've ever seen on my phone.. I've tried reseting it with the home and power botton over 20 times, it still doesn't fully turn off... And besides that, NONE of my apps work too.. Everytime I start one, it is unresponsive. Touch doesn't work at all, but touch seems to work at the home screen... This only happend after installing mobilestacks...

I've had similar situation when installing from a bad source... (personally no experience with "stacks" app though).

My advice is to restore once again, it's the only thing that worked for me...And of course avoid using that app next time. :-D

Some of you guys amuse me. Really, you do. You install an app that screws up your phone, you complain about it, then restore/fix your phone, install the same app again, then go through the fixing process over and over after reinstalling the particular app over and over.

It's like you when you have a toothache. You touch the problem tooth with your tongue, say "oww!", then you touch it again, and again! LMAO

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You can't hold Sleep and Home for 10 seconds to restart?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yes, I can, but it doesn't fix anything - after the phone restarts, the screen dims and stays on the lock screen like I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Some of you guys amuse me. Really, you do. You install an app that screws up your phone, you complain about it, then restore/fix your phone, install the same app again, then go through the fixing process over and over after reinstalling the particular app over and over.

It's like you when you have a toothache. You touch the problem tooth with your tongue, say "oww!", then you touch it again, and again! LMAO
    And if you think that, why bother to post it? Keep your thoughts to yourself, I would think that the developer would get the crappy app fixed now
    Last edited by Kylecchh; 2007-12-09 at 12:07 AM.

Only way to fix is Restore then Re-Jailbreak. I Had the same problem from the ScreenSnap app. It is a Launch Daemon and if you have Docks app installed they conflict with eachother. Do not install again. Sucks, but it is the only way.

Stadler

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    And if you think that, why bother to post it? Keep your thoughts to yourself, I would think that the developer would get the crappy app fixed now
    I don't know why I would post something like that... Oh, I now why! Because this is an Internet forum...
    Definitions of Internet forum on the Web:

* An Internet forum is a facility on the World Wide Web for holding discussions and posting user generated content, or the web application software ...
    ...and I was posting a post in a thread. Well, that and because I like to see how many people I can annoy per day, both in real life and online.

And why do you think you're entitled to a perfectly running app that you got for free? I mean, I'm sure the developer has a full time job, and a life in the real world. He doesn't have to cater to you on YOUR time. You want him to cater to you when it comes to an application he wrote for no profit? Donate a couple of grand to him, and I'm sure he'll take time out of his schedule to accomodate you with a non "crappy app" as you called it.

Any other questions?

I don't know why I would post something like that... Oh, I now why! Because this is an Internet forum...

...and I was posting a post in a thread. Well, that and because I like to see how many people I can annoy per day, both in real life and online.

And why do you think you're entitled to a perfectly running app that you got for free? I mean, I'm sure the developer has a full time job, and a life in the real world. He doesn't have to cater to you on YOUR time. You want him to cater to you when it comes to an application he wrote for no profit? Donate a couple of grand to him, and I'm sure he'll take time out of his schedule to accomodate you with a non "crappy app" as you called it.

Any other questions?

Hey thanks! That really helped me fix my phone!

Glad I could be of help.
    Search NAZI

@ Digital Oxygen

I like your sense of humor.

Thanks, I like my sense of humor as well.
    Search NAZI

I don't know why I would post something
    I agree 100%, you really have no business criticizing an application that you didn't have to pay for. Additionally, a program is nothing but an idea utilized. Apparently, you installed something that crashed your iPhone once, but the functionality that the app offered was worth risking it again to you. Therefor, it's probably a pretty good idea, and perhaps a buggy app.

Additionally, as a software developer myself (recreational, purley) I can safely say that if anyone notified me in such a rude manner by calling my app crappy, I might be tempted to just scrap developing the app for a while.

You sound like a 14 year old, whose parents bought him an iPhone, wanted to impress his friends by appearing "1337" and hacked his iPhone. Then cried when he couldn't handle the responsibility of actually thinking about what he puts on his new toy.

^ Word Again. Restore your phone and stay away from the Stacks app. Seems like an easy solution to me. Problem fixed!

Reako