Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pxl: how to pack from *.rar

Default pxl: how to pack from *.rar
    anyone know how to repack app.rar to *.pxl so i can intall with ibricks program. thnx

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Uncompress the testapp.rar. You will get testapp.app. Remove the .app extension from this file so it is just a folder called testapp (or whatever your app is called). Call the folder simply app (regardless of the name of the actual app you are using).

Create a new folder called the name of the actual app (testapp in this example) and put the app folder in that folder. Create a file called PxlPkg.plist to also go in the testapp folder. (Note: You can create this in any text editor, and just save as PxlPkg.plist).

That file should have the structure thats attached to this post. (remove all the parenthesis from the file, those are just there to help you - oh, you can open this with any standard text editor).

Then create a .zip file with the testapp folder (and all its contents, the app folder and the PxlPkg.plist file) in it. Simply rename the testapp.zip to testapp.pxl, and you're good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

thnx, i'll try tonite.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Sure, if you need some more hands on to look at, find any app.pxl file, rename it app.zip, and uncompress it with whatever you use to uncompress .zip files. Then you can actually look in a working .pxl file to see what's going on. That may help you as well.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i want to create pxl file from .app but i cant can you show me how can i create pxl file
    .any one can help me ?