Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OMG!!! Can someone help me Please!!!!!

Default OMG!!! Can someone help me Please!!!!!
    Holy S**T

I'm a noob here and I bought recently a unlocked Iphone 1.1.4 & I've been customizing with Customize 2.0, everything has been sweet and no complaints in any way but OMG

I was just applying a new dialer SSH with WinSCP and had done it a few times before no problems but Holy Crap, I decided to delete the files from the Iphone directory Applications/MobilePhone.app and transfer over backed up MobilePhone.app fresh files I had on PC back onto Iphone and then transfer back a new Dialer on it, and what happens I reboot it & it loads as per normal but now I can do anything at all!!!!!!

If i push any icon it goes dull in color and is completely unreactive/responsive!!!!

All icons Completely Dead!!! What the...

What's happened here, Im completely confused!!!

I tried to load up ITunes and resync no luck, I don't know what to do and there must be an easy solution other than restoring the IPhone back to Original condition surely???

Can someone please help me???

I can still SSH with WinSCP as luckily the Wifi and SSH is enabled still so...

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by DiamondSage; 2008-06-22 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks

Don't post the same thing in 3 forums, ******.

Don't use SSH if it's too tricky for you, just use Customize
    To live, you have to lie

Apologies, but I'm freaking out here & trying to get an intelligent reply ASAP

How do I fix it, Nothing is working???

No Icons Nothing!!!

Thanks

Thought of restore?
    To live, you have to lie

Like I said in the first message I'd rather if possible not have to restore if at all avoidable

A restore will lock it again will it not?

Is there no other way to fix this...?

There is no "easy" way to cure your problem. The way you should do it is to DFU restore to 1.1.4, setup as NEW. Jailbreak with iliberty+ or if you are on a Mac, the pwnage tool.

Okay, thanks for the reply...

How do I DFU restore to 1.1.4 & setup as new?

Where's the tutorial or link on how to do it?

& also for how to Jailbreak with Iliberty+?

& Thankyou...

Why do you recommend Iliberty and not Ziphone?
    Last edited by DiamondSage; 2008-06-22 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

Come on. You managed to use SSH, you can at least use search. Just get on with it
    To live, you have to lie

It's 4:40am in the morning here friend...

My eyes are beginning to close, I may have to leave it till the morning...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Dam It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

p.s. your very vague but your help is appreciated...
    Last edited by DiamondSage; 2008-06-22 at 06:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Endless.

Okay, Here's where i'm at...

Downloading ILiberty+ and managed to get phone Into DFU Mode and held shift while pressing restore in In tunes and it comes up with a option to choose a file...

So i'm presuming that by NEW you mean that I have to download a NEW 1.1.4 Firmware file, so that I can choose it with ITunes...

Correct me if I'm wrong,

Gonna hit the sack now and let Firmware 1.1.4 and ILiberty finish downloading and recommense in the morning...

Search
    transitive verb1: to look into or over carefully or thoroughly in an effort to find or discover something: as a: to examine in seeking something <searched the north field> b: to look through or explore by inspecting possible places of concealment or investigating suspicious circumstances c: to read thoroughly : check; especially : to examine a public record or register for information about <search land titles> d: to examine for articles concealed on the person e: to look at as if to discover or penetrate intention or nature 2: to uncover, find, or come to know by inquiry or scrutiny —usually used with outintransitive verb1: to look or inquire carefully <searched for the papers>2: to make painstaking investigation or examination

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondSage View Post
    Okay, Here's where i'm at...

Downloading ILiberty+ and managed to get phone Into DFU Mode and held shift while pressing restore in In tunes and it comes up with a option to choose a file...

So i'm presuming that by NEW you mean that I have to download a NEW 1.1.4 Firmware file, so that I can choose it with ITunes...

Correct me if I'm wrong,

Gonna hit the sack now and let Firmware 1.1.4 and ILiberty finish downloading and recommense in the morning...
    When you FINISH the restore, itunes will give you the option for restore from a backup...do not do this, select NEW and give your phone a new name. Don't close itunes, just run iliberty+. There is a good tutorial from the BigBoss: iPhone News & Review iLiberty+

After you finish the jailbreak, go to settings > general > unlock and set unlock to NEVER. Then do the refresh, install etc.

Did you create a backup of the orignal dialer ?
    If you didnt then you need to check the Downloads Category on modmyi.com site
    OR
    You can just restore iPhone
    Dont know how to join me on irc and i'll help you out
    Server:irc.moofspeak.net
    Channel #modmyi

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb View Post
    Did you create a backup of the orignal dialer ?
    If you didnt then you need to check the Downloads Category on modmyi.com site
    OR
    You can just restore iPhone
    Dont know how to join me on irc and i'll help you out
    Server:irc.moofspeak.net
    Channel #modmyi
    I had created a backup of original dialler and re-transferred it back thinking it would be back to normal but it much to my surprise didn't change anything...

So, I'm going to do a full restore

I think I know what to do for the restore so thanks heaps for your help, I'll let you know if I encounter any problems...
    Last edited by DiamondSage; 2008-06-22 at 08:17 PM.

1 thread per question!

Yes, Apologies...

I's distraught & trying to seek guidance ASAP and asked the same thing in another topic

I can't work out how to delete the post, so sorry for that...

I've merged all 3 threads into this 1 thread.

Thankyou!

Okay,

During the restore procedure my iphone keeps coming up with "Error 6"

I've read a lot of different methods of how to fix it like ITunes Update or change Itunes to another version, USB Ports Changes & A different PC(haven't tried that but from the response of a lot of people it doesn't always seem to make much difference) and so far no luck...

My phone is now locked into restore mode, it starts with the normal apple symbol and then changes to the plug into itunes icon, I can't access the normal menu anymore & when i do plug it into itunes it instanly recognizes it as restore mode and when I do the DFU mode screen goes black, flashes white then apple sign appears & spinning symbol and about 1/4 of the way through it Bam, Up pops "Error 6"

I'd be real keen on some professional or learn'ed advice here folks, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to try next...?

"Error 6"

hmm...
    Last edited by DiamondSage; 2008-06-23 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost