Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Im loving all the free music and books!!!

Talking Im loving all the free music and books!!!
    Hey folks,

Just thought I would post about my amazement with the developement of iphone mods in this community! Many probably already know this given the recent developements the past few days and weeks, but You can get free mp3s and ebooks using HistoryDL.app and MNPlight.app.

Free Music:
    Just navigate in safari to any streaming mp3 file (like on seeqpod) and play it so it will be in your browsers history, then close safari and open HistoryDL, and touch the most recent(top) line in the list (it may look blank) and hit the download button. Then just wait, when the button lightens back to its normal grey color the mp3 is downloaded (in to the ebooks folder). Then open MNPlight and go to import, and type in the path to the mp3 (Var/Root/Media/EBooks) and import the mp3 to the iPod, and play as normal without syncing with iTunes! I love it!

Free Books:
    Any webpage in your history can be saved as a basic html in the EBooks folder. Just find a text you want in safari and repeat the above HistoryDL steps, but once it is downloaded, just open it in Books.app...and Presto! free ebooks!

Endless possibilities!! Enjoy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to andrew2012 For This Useful Post:

method77 (2007-12-07)

Great!

Good info!

Thanks!
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

under what source is the mnplight?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    under what source is the mnplight?

http://movenplay.gforge.inria.fr/

The PXL repository has changed: http://movenplay.gforge.inria.fr/iphone

Hope this helps!

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (2007-12-07)

"Then open MNPlight and go to import, and type in the path to the mp3 (Var/Root/Media/EBooks) and import the mp3 to the iPod"

When I go to import--I get "you have no links to import"? Where do you type in the path?
    Help?

Quote Originally Posted by win1fight2 View Post
    "Then open MNPlight and go to import, and type in the path to the mp3 (Var/Root/Media/EBooks) and import the mp3 to the iPod"

When I go to import--I get "you have no links to import"? Where do you type in the path?
    Help?
    Sorry, you need to click the playlists option on the main screen of MNPlight first, and enter the path in the space under directory

If any of you haven't tried using MNPlight yet, I highly recommend it. It has a lot of great features for syncing without iTunes and has a fantastic internet radio streamer built in, too. You can go to a site like SHOUTcast.com and download radio stations to stream and import them directly into MNPlight. It works awesome!

this internet raidio streamer can i get any station that is streamed on the net? I want this one http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/en...er.php?id=KRXQ
    do u know how i can get it? their real website is krxq.net
    I really want this staion on my phone their morning show is awesome.
    I have tried orb but it can be a pain sometimes.

Thanks

im really anxious to use this but i heard it causes syncing problems with itunes, has anyone had syncing probs with this?
    iLive an iLife

hmm... I haven't actually synced since I got this working on my phone, but I'll try it this weekend and post results.

Update:

All right,

Here's the scoop on iTunes sync after performing the above:

First the bad news: Unless I'm missing something, you cant retrieve the songs that have been imported through MNPlight to your iPod app, at least not through an iTunes sync.
    I tried to do the "Transfer purchases from iPod" under file in iTunes first, and it found nothing new.So I turned on SSH and copied (in winSCP) the original downloaded mp3s out of the Ebooks folder on the phone to my comp. Then I did a sync in iTunes. After the sync the new music had been removed from the iPod app's library.

The good news is, of course, I still have all of the music that I downloaded for free. I'll just have to transfer my new mp3s before I sync from now on. That is unless I've missed something obvious, or there's some kind of software change.
    A little more good news, for the modders out there who are, for whatever reason, new to using SSH and winSCP... It's really easy folks... I've heard so many people speak of SSH, SCP, etc, as if it would be something beyond their capability, or too much hassle or something. IMHO if you can handle posting on this site, and navigating in any sort of file system, you can do it. If your afraid of hurting something then just stay out of the system folders. If anyone can't get connected using openSSH and winSCP just remember:

1. Host Name: your phone's IP address on wifi (if you don't have wifi, well uh... just go buy it)
    2. Username: root
    3. Password: dottie or alpine (until you change it, which you should)
    4. select SCP protocall

All of the new music copied through winSCP can easily be imported into iTunes for a "legitimate" sync. In the mean time the newest tunes can still be played with iPod app.

Right, so there you go.
    Last edited by andrew2012; 2007-12-08 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What am I missing? Seeqpod seems to need Flash and the iPhone clearly doesn't have Flash. Is there another portal into Seeqpod that works with the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2012 View Post
    Hey folks,

Just navigate in safari to any streaming mp3 file (like on seeqpod)

Endless possibilities!! Enjoy!

Yep. Check the web apps section of modmyi. There's a link there to a iphone formated seeqpod.

here: http://www.seeqpod.com/iphone/#_home

Thanks

hmm... I haven't actually synced since I got this working on my phone, but I'll try it this weekend and post results.

Update:

All right,

Here's the scoop on iTunes sync after performing the above:

First the bad news: Unless I'm missing something, you cant retrieve the songs that have been imported through MNPlight to your iPod app, at least not through an iTunes sync.
    I tried to do the "Transfer purchases from iPod" under file in iTunes first, and it found nothing new.So I turned on SSH and copied (in winSCP) the original downloaded mp3s out of the Ebooks folder on the phone to my comp. Then I did a sync in iTunes. After the sync the new music had been removed from the iPod app's library.

The good news is, of course, I still have all of the music that I downloaded for free. I'll just have to transfer my new mp3s before I sync from now on. That is unless I've missed something obvious, or there's some kind of software change.
    A little more good news, for the modders out there who are, for whatever reason, new to using SSH and winSCP... It's really easy folks... I've heard so many people speak of SSH, SCP, etc, as if it would be something beyond their capability, or too much hassle or something. IMHO if you can handle posting on this site, and navigating in any sort of file system, you can do it. If your afraid of hurting something then just stay out of the system folders. If anyone can't get connected using openSSH and winSCP just remember:

1. Host Name: your phone's IP address on wifi (if you don't have wifi, well uh... just go buy it)
    2. Username: root
    3. Password: dottie or alpine (until you change it, which you should)
    4. select SCP protocall

All of the new music copied through winSCP can easily be imported into iTunes for a "legitimate" sync. In the mean time the newest tunes can still be played with iPod app.

Right, so there you go.
    Wow, thank you sir! Im going to try this a little later but instead of winSCP im using cyberduck, is it the same basic process? All i have to do is SSh into my iphone, import the songs to my computer and import them to itunes so i can sync them to my iphone?
    iLive an iLife

how can u make it show the artists and album and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by long10horns View Post
    how can u make it show the artists and album and stuff?
    Im still trying to figure this out! It only shows the filename and doesn't use info from the mp3. Can someone elaborate on this?

EDIT:
    Never mind, I answered my own question:

MNPlight does not read the mp3 tags, thus, it will use
    the filename to fill the song title (and maybe artist): it looks
    for a " - " or a "_-_" in the filename, and put the part before as the
    artist name and the part after (without the extension) as the song title.
    Last edited by glustic; 2007-12-10 at 02:29 AM.
    8GB 3G iPhone

• Universal-Sim 5.5 Unlock
    • 2.1 Pwned with Pwnage Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Wow, thank you sir! Im going to try this a little later but instead of winSCP im using cyberduck, is it the same basic process? All i have to do is SSh into my iphone, import the songs to my computer and import them to itunes so i can sync them to my iphone?
    I haven't used cyberduck, but yes, the process should be the same. Whatever lets you get in and copy the mp3s over is good enough.

Cheers!

Thanks

I haven't used cyberduck, but yes, the process should be the same. Whatever lets you get in and copy the mp3s over is good enough.

Cheers!
    Sweet, Thanks alot!!!!!!
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Default No Download
    Hi guys, I have tried this but I dont see the download buttons. Is it the history in normal safari? or dos historydl mean somthing else. thanks

yes, historyDL is a seperate app found under the moyashi source.
    good luck!

this sounds great! cant wait to try it!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast