Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Boss Installer Not Working!?!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so... how did people solve the big boss problem? On my installer I cant get rid of the big boss source, saying 'script failed' execute or something like that... please help

Thanks

Well, I was NEVER able to get rid of it, no matter what I tried, or uninstalled, and it seems that there is no one that could help either, so since it wouldn't let me use my phone or the text part of the iphone, I really needed to do something, so I went ahead and restored it, and did everything ALL OVER AGAIN, and now I'm on 1.1.2
    You might just want to start all over too! Well, that depends, I guess on the type of problem you are having?? Are you still able to use your phone, and text? Well, good luck, cuz you probably won't get any help here, I know I DIDN'T! Maybe you can PM someone, and they may have some suggestions?? Well. good luck.
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

You guys are nuts. You dont 'uninstall' repositories. You delete them. It would never say "main execution script failed" because there is no script to run. I think you guys are referring to something else but its not at all clear what. Therefore, no one can help you.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

markmon, you know on the installer app... and there is the uninstall tab at the bottom and when u click there there are all your programs and SOURCES that u have installed via using the installer app. Do you understand what I'm saying?
    I think what happened to me is I entered your source by typing it on safari on the iphone and that was a success. I think I then went to installer and decided to install something from you... and i decided to install one of your sources from the 'Source' section from installer and installed 'BigBoss sources' or something like that. Now when I want to uninstall it from the uninstall tab it wouldnt let me. Am I making things a little clearer on what we are trying to say?
    Maybe some pics of what I'm trying to say would be better? The pics are kinda bad quality and you have to read everything backwards but I did this in the middle of the morning on my macbook and I'm tired! lol. Much help would be apprectiated.
    Also, please don't give me as much abuse as you did to the other person because I not an expert in this unlike you guys, I'm just an ordinary guy that just wants to look good with his iPhone. lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-12.jpg   -photo-13.jpg   -photo-14.jpg   -photo-15.jpg   -photo-16.jpg   -photo-17.jpg  

Maybe some pics of what I'm trying to say would be better? The pics are kinda bad quality and you have to read everything backwards but I did this in the middle of the morning on my macbook and I'm tired! lol. Much help would be apprectiated.
    Dont uninstall them there. Click the 'sources' button, click 'edit' and then just delete whatever source you don't want.

Also, please don't give me as much abuse as you did to the other person because I not an expert in this unlike you guys, I'm just an ordinary guy that just wants to look good with his iPhone. lol.
    You did a great job explaining with pictures etc. No one would give you a hard time
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I did what you said but the thing is still there... maybe I can manually do this by removing by via FUGU or something? Or uninstalling installer and reinstalling it again?

Thanks

"You guys are nuts. You dont 'uninstall' repositories. You delete them."

Not nuts. Just confused, new, and tried everything possible to remove it! Like I said, I actually really liked what I saw, I was excited, but, when it blocked me from using my phone and text, didn't know what to do, then asked for help, and got hassled for using the wrong iphone terminology???? Come on, ya'll could've been nice at least, really, it's not hard. So on my part, I'm sorry for not being clear, and using the wrong words to explain the Bigg Boss problem.
    So now i'm on 1.1.2, so is it safe for me to install, download, add, whatever, it on this firmware now? I am just trying to find out a little information on it, and all it does, and if it's safe, so please don't be mean, like the guy above, I am also new to all this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Can you try typing in some form of English when asking for help? It's not hard

WOW! I'm not typing in English?? Hmm... maybe someone can help me with that too! And obviously YOUR not helping me, so tone down the saracasm!
    I don't see you telling anyone on page 1, not to call big boss, the sames things I've called it?? So why pick on me?? OH! I'm a girl, it's ok, don't be afraid of the guys.

Ok, problem solved! I'm on 1.1.2 now, everything back to normal!

I didn't realise you were a girl, I just thought you were a very camp dude
    Last edited by redcard; 2007-12-26 at 06:07 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

"I didn't realise you were a girl"

Handle and pic didn't give ya an idea? Ha! Ok, drop it!

in sourses from in staller i downloaded bigbosses apps and thing, but i see no icon so what does it do and where is it? probly a stupid question i dont know, thought i would ask, thanks

" Handle and pic didn't give ya an idea? Ha! Ok, drop it!"

Well, it's obvious that you are very young just because of the way you write, but an anime icon and a cute handle really isn't exactly a guarantee of your gender. My entirely heterosexual nearly 40 year old male neighbor has a ton of Hello Kitty stuff, so, ya know . . .

Anyway, I think I can help you a little here, at least to clear up confusion so we can get to your problem.

For starters, "Big Boss" is a person (or a group of people).

Big Boss has a repository (basically a website bookmark) that is named "Big Boss' Repository," which you installed. This repository is just where Big Boss lists all the programs he/she is giving away to us, and lists instructions for your iphone to download and install them.

Many of these programs have names such as "BossPrefs" or "Big Boss's somethingorother," and you have likely installed some of them. Maybe even all of them, it's hard to say.

Here is the problem for all of us who are reading your entry here: we have no idea what programs you installed. When you say you want to uninstall "Big Boss," that's like saying you want to uninstall "Microsoft," since Microsoft is not a program but a company that makes programs just like Big Boss is.

So if your home computer was crashing and you told people your computer crashed when you ran Microsoft, people would not know if you meant Microsoft Word, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Internet Explorer, ect. All different things that crash in many different ways for different reasons.

So, we need to know what Big Boss program you are having trouble with. The only thing we really do know is that your iphone is not crashing because you have Big Boss installed on it, because Big Boss is not something you can install. It's the name of the person who hosts a website where you can download things that you can install.

Here, after this long-winded entry of mine, is my advice:

The program you used to download and install Big Boss' software in the first place is likely either Cydia or Installer. Open that program.

Once it is up and running, there will be a button with a name like "manage" or "installed packages," probably near the bottom right of the screen (it may change from one version to the next). Click on it.

This should bring up a list of all the installed programs. If it gives you a choice between "packages" and "sources," you want "Packages."

Write down all the names of stuff listed in there. Spelling is important, as a lot of things will have similar names, and what may fix one program may mess up a different one. For instance, "Magic8Ball" is not the same program as "Magic 8 Ball." Also, the entire name of the program is important, as partial names may be the name of a different program (for instance, "Light" is a flashlight program, where "Light Off" is a video game).

Once you have this list of installed programs, type it out here and we may be able to figure out what is wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12