Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OrbLive users HELP!!!!!!!!

Default OrbLive users HELP!!!!!!!!
    What's causing the TV streams to stutter and constantly buffer? Even over wi-fi, Live TV is constantly buffering and not playing fluidly. I've seen youtube videos of people playing Live TV flawlessly with no hiccups.

So what does it take to get mine working like this? Do I need a faster computer with more RAM??? I'm running on a 2.4ghz with 768mb ram. Or is my DSL not fast enough and do I need to get a cable connection????

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to the settings menu on your Orb web page. Cut your streaming speed down and check the "remember" box (I'm doing this from memory as I can't connect to Orb at the moment). I don't know if this will work for you, but it did wonders for my live TV streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Go to the settings menu on your Orb web page. Cut your streaming speed down and check the "remember" box (I'm doing this from memory as I can't connect to Orb at the moment). I don't know if this will work for you, but it did wonders for my live TV streaming.
    Tried it but it didn't work.

Tamakin,

I'm in the same boat as you. The problem is that there are multiple things holding us back.

Per Orb, a 2.4 Ghz is the MINIMUM requirements to get Orb to run properly, if you check your system performance while you run Orb, you will see your computer jump immediately to 100% usage. Basically our computers are barely keeping up.

Also, as said above, you need to set your streaming rates lower, around 160-180kbps seems to be the norm.

Also, if your using broadband cable, most likely your using the modem supplied by the cable company, that thing is a piece of ****, there are many that are better, even ones up in the 5Ghz range.

I can get pre-recorded movies to stream perfectly, no buffering over WIFI, but when I try to stream live TV that is where the problem lies, it has to decode TV on the fly and our computers/modems are just not keeping up.

Over Edge, I can't get anything to play without buffering constantly.

I have come to find out all this by reading on the Orb knowledge board.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    Tamakin,

I'm in the same boat as you. The problem is that there are multiple things holding us back.

Per Orb, a 2.4 Ghz is the MINIMUM requirements to get Orb to run properly, if you check your system performance while you run Orb, you will see your computer jump immediately to 100% usage. Basically our computers are barely keeping up.

Also, as said above, you need to set your streaming rates lower, around 160-180kbps seems to be the norm.

Also, if your using broadband cable, most likely your using the modem supplied by the cable company, that thing is a piece of ****, there are many that are better, even ones up in the 5Ghz range.

I can get pre-recorded movies to stream perfectly, no buffering over WIFI, but when I try to stream live TV that is where the problem lies, it has to decode TV on the fly and our computers/modems are just not keeping up.

Over Edge, I can't get anything to play without buffering constantly.

I have come to find out all this by reading on the Orb knowledge board.
    I don't have a cable connection. I'm on DSL and my speeds are like 3mb down, 500k up. Will getting a more powerful computer make the live TV run smoothly even with my DSL connection?