Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! Summerboard Won't Work

Default Help!!! Summerboard Won't Work
    Well I decided to add 5 icons on the dock using the this youtube video......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHNFS6kYGok]YouTube - How to Get a Five Icon Dock on an iPod Touch/iPhone[/ame]

I got to the part where it said to turn summerboard off and turn freeboard on. Well I decided that losing my theme for 5 icons wasn't worth it and I changed it back using his method. But for some reason my summerboard background won't show up even when theme and all the other stuff is turned on and my theme selected. It shows that it is selected but the background is just plain black. I have uninstalled and reinstalled summerboard and customize but to no avail. What happened and how can I fix it? I really don't want to restore my iphone cause I have so much stuff on it. Does anybody have the original files of summerboard that I can upload using WinSCP, maybe that will work. I can use any help that you all can offer cause I am stumped and usually I would be able to find the problem myself.

Thanks

Thanks

I've had the same problems. Do you have customize 2.0 installed? I have also read where changing the permissions to the "lockBackgroundimage.jpg" at /var/mobile/Library in WinSCP where it says Octal under Preferences to 755. I have found that customize causes some issues with SMB. Oh and you can't do the 5 icon dock on 1.1.4.
    Last edited by jb4; 2008-06-15 at 07:49 AM.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

Yeah that's what I have but what I did was I completely deleted "lockBackgroundimage.jpg" because I saw from another forum that was how you can allow your wallpaper to be changed. Let me know if you figure out how to get summerboard to work and I will do the same for you.

Thanks

SMB works for me.

Damn I should have have researched that 5 docks wouldn't work on 1.1.4, then I wouldn't be in this situation. Ohhh so you mean to tell me that if I do what you said above, then that might work for me? I'll give it try and if it works then I will hit your "THANKS" button 4 times for your "4 cents!"

I have also read where changing the permissions to the "lockBackgroundimage.jpg" at /var/mobile/Library in WinSCP where it says Octal under Preferences to 755.

Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding this, do you want me to go under /var/mobile/Library and where it says "Octal" under Preferences to change it to 755?
    Last edited by The_Godfather3; 2008-06-15 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather3 View Post
    Damn I should have have researched that 5 docks wouldn't work on 1.1.4, then I wouldn't be in this situation. Ohhh so you mean to tell me that if I do what you said above, then that might work for me? I'll give it try and if it works then I will hit your "THANKS" button 4 times for your "4 cents!"

I have also read where changing the permissions to the "lockBackgroundimage.jpg" at /var/mobile/Library in WinSCP where it says Octal under Preferences to 755.

Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding this, do you want me to go under /var/mobile/Library and where it says "Octal" under Preferences to change it to 755?
    yeah change it to 755. I know that I had a problem with SMB and just kept trying different tactics until I got it to work and I'm just trying to relay the little bit of knowledge I have on the issue.