Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cybersuarus install seems to have bricked my iPod, what are my options?

Default Cybersuarus install seems to have bricked my iPod, what are my options?
    So I saw Cybersaurus, the game on the front page of MMi, in the Recent Packages list of Installer, and I tried to install it. It was a 3mb package and took quite a while to download, but that seemed understandable because it was larger than most packages. Then it took 5-10 mins to install, it seemed as thought it worked fine, however when I went back to thee home screen, I saw the spinning working icon that you see when SpringBoard gets reset. Normally this happens after I install apps, but only for a few seconds... in this situation it spun for maybe 5 mins then went to the Apple logo starup screen, and I haven't been able to get passed that screen no matter what I do.

I'm running 1.1.4, and I've already tried to restart by holding down the home and hold buttons at the same time, which shuts off the iPod, but when I try to start it back up it still hangs at the startup logo and never gets passed that screen. I have a computer here which I assume I'll be able to restore it to factory settings, but I was hoping that I might have some other options before doing a factory reset because I think we all know that it takes quite a bit of work to get your iPod just the way you like it. Also I'm not at home and this computer is not mine so I will lose all of my media if I reset to factory, correct?

Have you tried to SSH into the ipod and delete the app? or Download Ziphone and use it to put the iPod in normal mode.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

UiK (2008-06-15)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have had this problem before too with another app, ended up reinstalling

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech