Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ushow by drunkbass

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    I think the issue really is he came forward and collected a bunch of peoples serial #'s for a BETA test application of his app.

Again, he collected a bunch of serials, now we all assume was being used for purposes of securing beta, but at this point no update emails to people who signed up, struggling BS from other developers and users over release.

Yes i know its a beta, damn, i've sign up for PC beta test, and after appliocations took 3-4 months but was updated every month via email on what is required on my end and to expect info/beta on a few months.

Don;t just have a registration that takes poeples info and and state you will hear from us in 48-72 hours when you indeed do not care to update.
    The serial numbers dont really mean anything because he cant really do anything with them. When Ive talked to drunknbass, the things holding him back are licenses because this is a fully licensed, trademarked name app and he is building up ushow.com so that it can handle the amount of the traffic he hopes to get with the uploading process etc.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i hope he never releases it. or any app for that matter. like ur never released myspace app, never released gps app, never released first ever recording app, or this bootswap app that has been worked on a "little" (which does look cool btw) but im sure someone else will just make it n release it before u
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I just dont get drunknbass... I realize he doesnt have to do any of this and its a hobby. but when people are donating to him, i think its disrespectfull that he has nothing to show for it. I've been there since the beginning of ushow. waited hours for every beta sign up. when he has all us fans and donators that are dedicated to him, its obviously going to make us angry that he hasnt showed us anything. Not even a video of the app in action. is that realy too much to ask for after everything your fans have done for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    I just dont get drunknbass... I realize he doesnt have to do any of this and its a hobby. but when people are donating to him, i think its disrespectfull that he has nothing to show for it. I've been there since the beginning of ushow. waited hours for every beta sign up. when he has all us fans and donators that are dedicated to him, its obviously going to make us angry that he hasnt showed us anything. Not even a video of the app in action. is that realy too much to ask for after everything your fans have done for you?
    You bring up a good point, but with 2.0 firmware just around the corner, anything can happen. Lets wait until then until we can make more judgements...

I sent the dude a friendly PM and he said he wanted to release a BETA for his patient fans but it was difficult and it was more likely it would be released in appstore. Well with appstore unveiled today the wait is almost over, when taken with a bucketful of salt.

I sat here for 10 mins rewriting what i wanted to say because i have mixed feelings about the app. In all honesty this app should have been released a while ago finished or not as a thank you to all those who were there in the beginning. People stood by DB for a long time. Defended him on his site when people bad mouthed him. But slowly people became impatient with the project because we watched him fight with other people about the app and its validity. I really didnt care what anyone said about the project and DB until i watched DB slowly turn into a jerk about the app. I know he took a lot of abuse about the app but damn the responses ou see now are nuts its like watching kids bicker back and forth. But i didnt leave because i had faith in him as a developer. Then the ushow drama began we were told of the first signup and nothing happen he was out of town. Ok that was fine because we knew the app was coming but then we had to re register after waiting up all night for the first. Ok no big deal lets do it and again nothing a month goes by and nothing. Its was for me the final straw i didnt care anymore i just had to jump **** and when ivr first came out i said it was crap but they fixed it in real short time and its now a great app. People were way wrong for whatever comment they made about him and being a role model but DB should have just let us know info along the way kept us informed instead of the path he took things would have been smoother. I still hope the app is released to clear his name but i dont plan on using it im content with the ivr until the knew iphone is out

This could be drunknbass's chance. I just watched the Keynote and there is absolutely no mention of a video recorder which you would think would be made known if it was true. With that we have all seen from the screenshots and posts from people with knowledge of this app, it is very professional (Partnering with many sites, has licenses, trademarks etc.) and would be an easy pick over iPhoneVideoRecorder IMO...

Thanks

ive been waiting for this forever
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

Yeah, so he never answered whether or not he is still continuing this.

i was always going to release it, i never stopped production on it. i just dont like to talk about it, anything i say can come back to me negatively somehow.. if i release any betas too early i can get a bad rap for a buggy product, or possibly someone stealing ideas from it, or maybe even apple get mad and try and keep me out of the appstore. i cant give any dates or things like that because there is not a set day it will come out, and i wont make a guess as to when it will.. it will come out as soon as the time is perfectly right. hopefully people will like it, and if not, i dunno. after all it is just an app...

but i would really like to release a version for people who choose to jailbreak their phones(hopefully they manage to jb the new 3g iphone), and add features that arnt possible with a sdk app. and if there is any new hardware or anything to make the app better in the new iphone i will take advantage of it.

Thanks

Cool, just wondering. I really like your website, thought it would be a shame to waste it with no product.

Thats how i code **** too drunkn...

I work out all the bugs myself because i know where i put them . Duh! And i never release things because tomorrow the technology might change and i dont want to recode it. Besides EVERYONE knows appstore is going to be wayyyy tighter than installer. Most importantly i dont want people to steal my ideas like...

Video Recording....
    Uploading to Youtube....
    formats&containers/'zoom'/crop/still image extraction/overlays/color correction/merge/cut/audio removal/audio dubbing/"sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
    You know.... the basics :P

Quotes out of context Section
    if i release ... i can get a bad rap...
    it will come out as soon as the time is perfectly right
    i will take advantage of it
    i cant give any ... because ... it will come ... and i wont
    Last edited by omgreptar6; 2008-06-10 at 11:26 AM.

BTW, just found specs on the iPhone 3G, NO VIDEO RECORDING so here we go. uShow is gonna mop up the competition...

Keep good work drunknbass. I hope will come out soon. And every one stop give ******** to drunknbass.
    Best regards Nettwerk

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    if i release any betas too early i can get a bad rap for a buggy product, or possibly someone stealing ideas from it, or maybe even apple get mad and try and keep me out of the appstore.
    Well first of all, the point of a beta is for people to point out the bugs to you so obviously we would be excpecting it to be buggy. Also about apple getting mad... Well i just watched the keynote and they had the guy from moocow music who created band and all those original apps before band. Obviously they wont get mad because he released every one of his apps for jailbreakers, yet they still had him present his app at wwdc. Dont get me wrong i still support you entirly and im not trying to rag on you. Just thought i would point those things out

Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
    Well first of all, the point of a beta is for people to point out the bugs to you so obviously we would be excpecting it to be buggy. Also about apple getting mad... Well i just watched the keynote and they had the guy from moocow music who created band and all those original apps before band. Obviously they wont get mad because he released every one of his apps for jailbreakers, yet they still had him present his app at wwdc. Dont get me wrong i still support you entirly and im not trying to rag on you. Just thought i would point those things out
    wow cool.. didnt know that.. so did he win the iphone app contest?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep he wins!! horray moocow!!

I took a video of the presentation with my Iphone, using USHOW... errrr... nevermind.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""

wow cool.. didnt know that.. so did he win the iphone app contest?
    39:40 in you will see his presentation. His buddy who uses the iPhone is amazing with the app. He played the songs like he was using the actual instruments...

if i release any betas too early i can get a bad rap for a buggy product
    no offense, your rep is already down the toilet for not releasing it. everyone knows betas have bugs, thats why we call them 'betas'. but at this point, for the months you been working on it, what possible bugs are there that would be so bad that we would turn on you? shouldnt this product be nearing completion? lol i would of thought your major concerns at this point would be which icon do you like best on springboard. i mean that other video recorder has been out for a while now and there arnt any bugs that i found. sure i am no dev. but i use it and it works good. anyways man, just keep doing what ur doing, or not doing. its ur choice. sure u got our serial # and some of our money but its all good. keep on keeping on. i think everyone is just looking for reassurance that the project is still alive and being worked on, thats all. even a video of you testing your 'beta' would suffice. we just want to see some progress. we, us, your fans, supporters, donators, potential customers (if u charge), your community (MMi), your friends. WE, are all waiting and will continue to wait. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    no offense, your rep is already down the toilet for not releasing it. everyone knows betas have bugs, thats why we call them 'betas'. but at this point, for the months you been working on it, what possible bugs are there that would be so bad that we would turn on you? shouldnt this product be nearing completion? lol i would of thought your major concerns at this point would be which icon do you like best on springboard. i mean that other video recorder has been out for a while now and there arnt any bugs that i found. sure i am no dev. but i use it and it works good. anyways man, just keep doing what ur doing, or not doing. its ur choice. sure u got our serial # and some of our money but its all good. keep on keeping on. i think everyone is just looking for reassurance that the project is still alive and being worked on, thats all. even a video of you testing your 'beta' would suffice. we just want to see some progress. we, us, your fans, supporters, donators, potential customers (if u charge), your community (MMi), your friends. WE, are all waiting and will continue to wait. thanks.
    thanks.. as far as my rep i dont really care about a rep. but i agree i will work on producing more goods for the public.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast