Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper.app

Default Wallpaper.app
    The new Iapp-a-day app is pretty nifty. This Sean guy has come up with some pretty neat ideas and this is his one of his best.

Does anyone know of an easy way to save the wallpapers permanently? Hopefully a way that doesnt require SSH or a Mac? I'm much too lazy for either.

Some people have some really great wallpapers and just about the time I think I've found one I want to stick with, I find another. It would be nice to archive 'em for later use.

just use mobile finder, and ibrickr or idemocracy..
    some peoples wallpapers are hella funny

This is a great app! It is like having a mystery digital picture frame.

Yes, but where is it storing a PNG of the current wallpaper? Or where is the Wallpaper.app caching the PNGs it's showing? I know where to put the wallpaper once I gather it, just not where to retrieve it from. The best I can find of my current wallpaper is a JPG.

PS: I wish Sean would have filtered out all of the default wallpapers. Though it's interesting that they seem to be showing up less and less as people get the opportunity to choose from everyone else's Some of the personal photos are amusing... girlfriends, family shots, monkey-faced newborns that only a parent could love :P Dogs. Really ugly dogs that only a parent could love. hehe. People's cars. Nudie shots.

The funniest thing I have seen so far is this faded 1970's Poloroid scan of a father and his sons leaning up against a car trying to look casual for the photo. The kid on the right is wearing a blue Superman shirt, shorts, and in true 1970's style -- tube socks sporting wide red stripes pulled up to his knees. ROFL. I nearly spit coffee. It took me offguard and was so funny.
    Last edited by myboot; 2007-11-27 at 06:10 PM.

The picture is stored in /var/root/Library if you want to copy each wallpaper off manually by them selves. Sean said he's trying to implement a save feature, but that he is really busy today. You can also try using a screenshot. =D

Thanks for the screenshot suggestion. I dont know why that didn't occur to me. Oh wait, I do know why... because I'm hungover and my brain is moving very slowly today.

Hey this is my first post. Just thought I'd help you guys out. You can save the wallpaper to your photo library without ever using a computer.

All you need to do is install mobilefinder and go through a few simple steps. In mobilefinder press the apple button and then the "up" button. Scroll all the way down to a file named "LockBackground.jpg" (this is your current wallpaper)

Select file in the bottom menu and then select move. Press "up", Media, DCIM, 100APPLE, and press paste (from the bottom menu). Press the file and click modify. Change the filename to IMG_00**.JPG (** represent numbers).

Now the file is in your "camera" photos! to make a thumbnail for it press copy and paste it into the same folder. And change the copy.JPG to .THM.

Hope that helps you all out until the app is updated

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Acidlump For This Useful Post:

jb4 (2008-03-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidlump View Post
    Hey this is my first post. Just thought I'd help you guys out. You can save the wallpaper to your photo library without ever using a computer.

All you need to do is install mobilefinder and go through a few simple steps. In mobilefinder press the apple button and then the "up" button. Scroll all the way down to a file named "LockBackground.jpg" (this is your current wallpaper)

Select file in the bottom menu and then select move. Press "up", Media, DCIM, 100APPLE, and press paste (from the bottom menu). Press the file and click modify. Change the filename to IMG_00**.JPG (** represent numbers).

Now the file is in your "camera" photos! to make a thumbnail for it press copy and paste it into the same folder. And change the copy.JPG to .THM.

Hope that helps you all out until the app is updated
    Also as well if you install the "screenshot" app, you can have it automatically save to the 100apple folder for you as well.

NINJA EDIT: it seems with the new update you can now add it to your camera roll. sweet!
    Last edited by heydatsmyrice; 2007-11-28 at 06:02 AM. Reason: ninja edit

Yep, update to version 1.5!
    It works well. =D
    (Now I wish it went faster, or had a next button)

yeah a next button would be nice, or even the side scrolling like in the photo library would be nice as well.

1.6 is out.
    Should fix an crashing bugs you had.

Thanks

Awesome app, swiping next pic would be great!

you can use Dock.app and take a SS of the wallpapers as they show up as well. then jsut go to settings and set from cameraroll

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I love the social apps Sean makes. Always cool.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hello guys
    as you know ipod touch haven't the Camera Roll folder . there is a way to create it ?

if i put some images into /private/var/root/Media/DCIM/100APPLE
    and then i go to "Images" i cannot see them

how can i create the Camera Roll Folder into the iPod Touch ?

what is the path of this folder for iphone? maybe if i create the same folders, i will be able to save wallpapers and more

Im sorry, but I didnt find the wps image files in this folder. are they hidden?
    thanks in advance.