Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help

Default need help
    so I'm new to the iPhone and need help on adding new apps like guitar hero and other cool apps. I know how to add web sites but nothing other than that. Please help learn how to take for advantage of all the iPhone can do. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have you jailbroken it yet? If so you go into the Installer program and download anything you'd like that looks interesting.

How do I jail break it?

Thanks

go to theiphoneproject downloads and download iLiberty. Use that to jailbreak the phone.

You need to go up to the Guides Section at the top of the forum and click on the link "I just got my iPhone.... where do I start?"

so if i jail break my iphone can i still get the 2.0 update that is about to come out? and doesnt the 2.0 update unlock the iphone already? im just scared it will break the iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bw1128 View Post
    so if i jail break my iphone can i still get the 2.0 update that is about to come out? and doesnt the 2.0 update unlock the iphone already? im just scared it will break the iphone.
    Are u a legit iPhone user? If yes,than only jailbreak. U can use iLiberty,but if u are on MAC,u can use PWNAGE as well....
    And,nothing will break ur phone,if u will read the forums properly

Thanks

2.0 is not publicly jailbreakable yet. Installer and every other app is not compatible on 2.0 yet because of the new file framework. Keep your phone on 1.1.4 and jailbreak with iLiberty and don't even think about 2.0 for a long while unless you're happy with stock Apple apps.

yes I am legit. But just wondering because I have heard people bricking their phone. I just dont want that to happen but want to get all the cool apps for the phone

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

yes I am legit. But just wondering because I have heard people bricking their phone. I just dont want that to happen but want to get all the cool apps for the phone
    ZIPHONE is bricking people phones. Just dont use it and all will be OK.

when will 2.0 be out and should i wait till it comes out to jailbreak. and whats the best parts of 2.0 that are coming out other than push email.

Thanks

when will 2.0 be out and should i wait till it comes out to jailbreak. and whats the best parts of 2.0 that are coming out other than push email.
    I'll repeat myself... you cannot put installer or ANY current app on 2.0 right now because the file framework is different. If you want to mod your phone do it now and don't upgrade to 2.0. If you want a run down of the SPECULATED features of 2.0 do a search. The latest RUMOR is it will come out on Monday June 9th.