Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to create my own installer source?

Thanks

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate it. As a test, I'm creating different colored icons for it (green, blue, and orange), and will have each one as it's own installer; that way, I should be able to test creation of ZIP files with StuffIt (which I've used before.)

edit: Ohhh, just remembered: I've got 7-Zip installed. Gonna try that first.

edit: Don't think it's working....gonna try Stuffit.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 2007-11-28 at 04:22 AM.

Cool - another option is to see if you can get an old(er) DOS version of PKZip and try that. However you'd have to use the command prompt with your shiny new Vista PC but I bet you can handle it.

Thanks

Good point. PKWare has SecureZIP as well, which runs in Windows. Gonna D/L that and try it. Weird that WinZip is causing those problems; would really like to know "why", if for nothing more than my own curiosity.

Someone really should write a tutorial on how to create a repository...I'd do it, but c'mon, does it look like I should be telling people how to do it?

Thanks again, Greg! You've been an immense help.

I am using windows xp built in zip utility. I right click the file and hit send to zip. Could that be a problem. Also could you look at my xml and let me know whats wrong? http://limitededitioniphone.com/lei.xml

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Good point. PKWare has SecureZIP as well, which runs in Windows. Gonna D/L that and try it. Weird that WinZip is causing those problems; would really like to know "why", if for nothing more than my own curiosity.

Someone really should write a tutorial on how to create a repository...I'd do it, but c'mon, does it look like I should be telling people how to do it?

Thanks again, Greg! You've been an immense help.
    n/p

MMi Guide for Creating an Installer Source

Got it working... Now on to adding more mods.
    Last edited by LimitedEditioniPhone_com; 2007-11-28 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditioniPhone_com View Post
    Got it working... Now on to adding more mods.
    It would be more helpful if you mentioned what you did to fix your problem and are you able to install zip files made by Windows XP?

Yeah I can install zip files made by windows xp. I accidentally had two instances of <key>scripts</key> in a row. still wondering how I can view i.unlock.no's xml file. I would like to add a few of them to mine.

Yeah I can install zip files made by windows xp. I accidentally had two instances of <key>scripts</key> in a row. still wondering how I can view i.unlock.no's xml file. I would like to add a few of them to mine.
    Add the source, refresh Installer, exit Installer, grab /var/root/Library/Installer/RemotePackages.plist, Seach for all the i.unlock.no packages.

Greg can you help me get themes to work? I tried all day yesterday. If you could just look at this xml and tell me whats wrong that would be great!
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/test.xml

Its like its not letting me create folders or something
    Last edited by LimitedEditioniPhone_com; 2007-11-30 at 10:24 PM.

Greg can you help me get themes to work? I tried all day yesterday. If you could just look at this xml and tell me whats wrong that would be great!
    http://limitededitioniphone.com/test.xml

It like not letting me create folders or something
    Try this one:

http://web.mac.com/iswitcher2/test.xml

I repackaged your zip and put the theme into a "themes" folder. The CopyPath might not like the space in the name, or it could have been the zip file. The install and uninstall worked for me.

Ok Thanks! It must of been the zip because I also tried putting it into a themes folder and removed the space in the name. I tried creating the zip with windows xp and winrar. The fist zips I made worked fine with windows xp's built in utility, but those were just zipped files and now I am doing zipped folders

Do I need to put a date on the xml for it? or do i just change the version number and installer will know that there is an update?
    Last edited by LimitedEditioniPhone_com; 2007-12-01 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You need to put a date on it or it won't show up in the Recent Uploads category.

Also a good idea to put the hash in, as Greg said once, there's a good chance Nullriver will make that a requirement in the future...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

trig1987 (2007-12-05)

I dont think stuffit works for windows... I may have to put all of this off until I get my macbook pro

Default Help
    I'm trying to put a program in this time after getting my theme to work but no idea about the hash..... what do i need to do about the hash?

trig are you on windows or osx?

running on windows xp

Thanks

Well, it looks like my little question took on a life of it's own.

I'm now trying to write an installer that simply changes the SpringBoard icon for an already-installed app; I want it to backup the existing icon (probably re-name it), then apply the new one. Obviously uninstall would delete the new icon and rename the old one back. Can't find any examples though, but I know I've seen some out there...

Default Ack!
    i'm trying to write a code to set up a program... i got the summerboard theme section loaded but my squidge program wont show. i got the hash code md5 but i need help. someone look over my code

<dict>
    <key>RestartSpringBoard</key>
    <false />
    <key>author</key>
    <string>Trigger</string>
    <key>bundleIdentifier</string>
    <string>com.geocities.squidge</string>
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Trigger Apps</string>
    <key>date</key>
    <string>1196827139</string>
    <key>description</key>
    <string>Video Conferencing via WiFi</string>
    <key>hash</key>
    <string>be439bef231d312ce9f818092b795170</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <string>http://geocities.com/iphonehack1987/Squidge.zip</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>Squidge</string>
    <key>scripts</key>
    <dict>
    <key>install</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>CopyPath</string>
    <string>Squidge.app</string>
    <string>/Applications/Squidge.app</string>
    </array>
    </array>
    <key>uninstall</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>RemovePath</string>
    </array>
    </array>
    <key>update</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>RemovePath</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>CopyPath</string>
    <string>Squidge.app</string>
    </array>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>size</key>
    <string>17750</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>www.google.com</string>
    <key>version</key>
    <string>0.1.0</string>
    </dict>

of course all the right dict's and array's and keys's are there

listen i could really use a walk through. if someone could call me to help me with the coding then please pm so i can give you my number. i need help in creating a program source code
    Last edited by trig1987; 2007-12-05 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

trig what are you using to make the zips? I dont think you can make zips that contain folders on windows. The zip files have been giving me all the trouble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast