Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iToggle killed my phone

Default iToggle killed my phone
    Problem: I wanted to see what happens to iToggle when in Airplane mode. It still showed the "phone" feature as "ON". So I toggle it to off... and, big mistake! It crashed, and won't restart (spinning white wheel at startup).

My attempt to restore:
    I first restored to 1.1.2. Since I don't have ATT sim, I had to downgrade to 1.0.2. Now it is jailbroken, and I have access to springboard. BUT... my wifi seemed dead. It won't connect to anything. On the "About" page, my "Wi-fi Address" is blank (no MAC address). So it looked like iToogle somehow messed up my wi-fi files. Anyone know how to fix it?

Does it make sense that even restoring did not repair whatever broken?

Update: I solved the problem by re-restoring the iphone.
    Last edited by silverblack; 2007-11-26 at 03:45 AM. Reason: problem resolved

iToggle killed my iPhone as well. I have 1.1.2 iPhone. I added ModMyI to my Installer Sources. I am so sorry I did that. I saw this morning the iToggle app listed. I installed it. Ran it and turned off the iPhone calling feature. When I turned off my iPhone, it would not reboot. Just a spinning wheel. It took me over an hour to restore and then reinstall all of my apps. Nowhere on the iToggle More Info page did it say not to install for v1.1.2 iPhones. The only way I could fix my iPhone was to restore back to 1.1.1 (I first tried to 1.1.2, but then could not Jailbreak, etc.). So, I restored to 1.1.1 and had to do the Emergency Call trick and then get on my WiFi and then do the JailBreakMe Tiff trick. Then OktoPrep and then update back up to 1.1.2, etc. I was so upset. Please, ModMyI, pull the iToggle program off your list or put a warning to not use with 1.1.2 iPhones. Thank you.

Default itoggle bug?
    this happend to me as well. switched the phone to off and it froze. did a hard reset and stuck at the apple boot screen with the loading circle. had to restore.

Default iToggle and firmware 1.1.2
    I have added a warning about firmware 1.1.2 to the iToggle web page:

http://web.newsguy.com/marcio/iphone/itoggle/

It seems that when you turn Off CommCenter SpringBoard dies with firmware 1.1.2

If you want to continue to use iToggle with firmware 1.1.2 I recomend to disable the "Phone" switch (read how on the link above)

toggle will not uninstall from my phone. It's weird, iToggle showed up on my "uninstall list" in apptapp and that uninstalled but toogle didn't and it's still sitting on the iphone screen. I tried using AFP to manually delete it, but couldn't find it anywhere in the file system

@Buzios: Thank you for adding the warning. I too had the same issue (1.1.2 turned off phone feature) and had to restore. To add to my woes, Oktoprep was down ALL night! lol. But hey, I got over it. Again, thanks for adding the warning. Hopefully this can be resolved soon, I did like this app.

Quote Originally Posted by TriniGodzilla View Post
    toggle will not uninstall from my phone. It's weird, iToggle showed up on my "uninstall list" in apptapp and that uninstalled but toogle didn't and it's still sitting on the iphone screen. I tried using AFP to manually delete it, but couldn't find it anywhere in the file system
    Hi,

iToggle also cannot be uninstalled from my 1.1.2 iphone. Have you found a solution yet?

Using squid, I can see that iToggle exists under /Applications. What app can I use to manually remove it?

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^^^ you can use mobile finder to delete folders,files, etc... just use it to delete the whole folder of itoggle

Delete the itoggle.app folder and it will be uninstalled
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

iToggle BRICKED my iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA!

Had to return BRICK to our vocabularies!!!!!!

LOL
    iB13

Hmm, didnīt kill or brick mine, but I had the application also still installed although I previously uninstalled it with the installer...
    Is this going to be fixed?

Anyhow, I think everyone should try NetServices instead of iToggle.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

why all u people didnt read the more info... thing??? is always usefull...
    i think now on ur always gonna do that..

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

I uninstalled it first from Installer and it was still on springboard.
    Then I deleted the Toggle.app on finder.....but the thing will still appear on the springboard....although when i tap it....it does nothing and sends me back to springboard.....

Thumbs down Do Not Install Itoggle! Warning!
    I wish I saw this thread before installing this to my iphone. WHy is this being allowed in modmyi installer and even official? This took out my iphone for a day, I turned off to toggle iphone and it wont connect to ATT!!!! . I had to restore and had to reinstall. I had a day without a phone!!!

PLEASE, SAVE US THE TROUBLE and take this off modiphone install sources! I love modmyi for its unique variation of native apps..but please look at this thread..!