Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories app not hiding icons

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Categories app not hiding icons
    i created a "games" category and added all my games to it. that worked fine and all the games were gone from the main springboard and only in the "games" folder

now i installed a new game and want to add it to that folder. it adds to the folder fine but the icon is still in the main springboard, i want it to be gone and only be in the games folder.

how would i do this?

thanks in advance

Categories 1.72 installed with Cydia on 1.1.4 iPhone. the newly added game was installed with the original installer if that matters

It may be a fault with categories. Heres what I do. Open your Games category. Press edit and remove the application with the Minus Red Circle. Then press Add. and add the App back again. Close back to home page. The App will then move off your Home pages. This goes for App Updates as well. Remove after update then add back again.

Chris

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoyne View Post
    It may be a fault with categories. Heres what I do. Open your Games category. Press edit and remove the application with the Minus Red Circle. Then press Add. and add the App back again. Close back to home page. The App will then move off your Home pages. This goes for App Updates as well. Remove after update then add back again.

Chris
    thanks chris, but how this so often happens to me, i got it right after i posted lol

i did that excact procedure, as i'd done many times before posting but it just worked that time

who knows... thanks for the help

you can also use poof to unhide/rehide the apps. that's what i usually do.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad